***Grimm - Season 5***

4,648 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgDev01
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight begins the fifth season of Grimm! Last season left with Nick's mom beheaded and Juliette dead. Should be an interesting ride with a hexen-grimm baby on the way.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Still don't think that was his mom that got beheaded.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eh, you're entitled to your opinion.

Anyways, the premier was decent. Was bit of the epilogue to last season's story and a bit of prologue to this season's story.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Good start to the season. Good riddance to Juliet.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Good start to the season. Good riddance to Juliet.

Amen. Terrible character. Just when I thought they were going to make her cool, she turned into an awful runt. Good riddance.
91_Aggie
AG
Wife and I gave up on this middle.of last season. Couldn't stand Trubel
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Trubel is 10 times better than Juliet, or what Juliet became.
CrottyKid
AG
Agreed. And now that Trubel is part of whatever Chavez is part of maybe she will have a bit more depth as a character.

The way they played it, we aren't totally gauranteed the Juliet is gone for good though, sadly.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I'm just hoping she wasn't the Wessen in the cage. I found trubel annoying enough to stop watching in season 4, and had to marathon it to catch up, but it got better when she left for a while.
CrottyKid
AG
I do wish they would go back to the formula that made the show great fun. A crime happens. It is mostly unexplainable, except when it is vessen related. Then they go find the bad guy and have to consult the manual on how to kill it. That was what made the show fun. Now full attention is payed to furthering the story lines. It is rapidly approaching soap opera levels of ridiculousness, and I don't think I have the time to follow a weird prime time soap opera.
jabberwalkie09
AG
While I would like it if they could tie in the wesen related crime to the over all story line, I think they hit a point in the show where they had to transition to the main story involving the royals and the apparent wesen civil war to actually move things along. The monster of the week story is great and all, but I think they had played through most of the possible stories involving wesen related crime. Also, with the loss of the barn, them going back to trailer to find a solution is now out the window and I think it was sometime between season 2 or 3 that the decided to make Nick much more proficient and knowledgeable in his duties as a Grimm. So neither of those types of scenes were really needed that much anymore. Then we also have Rosalee and Monroe who give us a lot of knowledge into the wesen universe as well.

I still think we will have monster of the week stories, but I don't think they will be every week like they were in the first two seasons.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well... ****. All I have is this: Why writers? Why?
Sea Pony 07
AG
Agreed. Also it looks like they may be setting it up to pit nick against a true believer (Trouble). Maybe he will kill her.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Really wish they'd just kill off Eve and Troubel at this point. Easily least favorite character on tv for me right now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I wish they'd send Trouble to a distant land again, and actually get rid of Eve. Ugh...
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I wish they'd send Trouble to a distant land again, and actually get rid of Eve. Ugh...
Trouble has grown on me, but Juliette/Eve has gotten worse.

I actually cheered when Trouble killed juliette, and other than the Bolton ******* I've never cheered/hoped for a character to be killed including Jofferey.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I actually cheered when Trouble killed juliette, and other than the Bolton ******* I've never cheered/hoped for a character to be killed including Jofferey.
Trouble I can deal with in small doses, but her character as she is now is so meh from how she was initially she might as well not be there anymore.

Juliette though, I don't think you were alone in rejoicing over her apparent death or upset over her apparent resurrection/return.......
Icecream_Ag
S
They have 2 questions that need to resolved this season.

1) WTF happened to Diana
2) is Adalind ever gonna get her powers back

Need more Adalind, less Trouble and JuliEve.
CrottyKid
AG
I cheered when Juliet died.

My wife has a funny take on Juliet. The producers were like, "Geez. This actress is the worst. She acts like an emotionless robot. She is so disconnected from the actors around her, but we can't just cut her loose."

Long pause.

"I know. We will almost kill her and reprogram her to act like an emotionless robot who is very disconnected from the other actors. Then she'll be a perfect fit!"
Sea Pony 07
AG
I hope we can be done with the keys soon. I kind of forgot about them for a while.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I had thought that the keys were tied to the story of the Royals. But they seem to be really be pushing this wessen civil war story line right now, so I'm not exactly sure what the keys are tied to. To be fair though, the keys haven't been a plot point since season three's episode "Inheritance".

Personally, I'm really interested in how they are going to wrap all this together. I mean, as to the Royals I can only see Renhard ending up sitting on the throne at this point and obviously supplant his power by having Nick and other Grimms at his side.

Probably the most amazing revelation of last night's episode is that they now have a book that contains the name of all the Grimms. That's a game changer for HW.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Adalind is a much better match for Nick than Juliette (ignoring their entire past, anyway). Much better on screen chemistry.

I thought Nick trusted the captain, now I'm wondering just how much.

I didn't realize that we were already at the 100th episode.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I didn't know it either. These last couple of episodes have been really good. I'm hoping that they stick with Adiland and Nick, because I agree their onscreen chemistry is believable more so than his and Juliette's.
bedofbrass33
AG
I'd accept Claire Coffee as my baby momma.

This show is cheesy but great Friday night entertainment.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Renewed for season 6 per TV By the Numbers.

Sea Pony 07
Icecream_Ag
S
either this season or next Eve and Adalind need to play a game of anything you can do rescuing an injured/trapped/thought dead Nick.

Also is it bad that I think Eve is a better character than Juliette???

And for the love of god, if that damn stick brings Juliette back from Eve I'm gonna go GRRM on the whole freaking production/writing crew.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
How can you tell if they are the same, blank, emotionless slate?!?!?!
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
How can you tell if they are the same, blank, emotionless slate?!?!?!
Eve is supposed to be that way. Juliette was supposed to be a trophy wife, then hot mess, then bad ass (at least I think that is what they were going for) and ended up being Eve.

Eve is supposed to be a robot and ended up an emotionless bad ass.
jabberwalkie09
AG
But was Juliette really any of those things?
Icecream_Ag
S
no

Thank God for Adalind

jabberwalkie09
AG
Thank God for Adalind/Claire Coffee.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So... Black claw has Diana? This should be interesting....
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, it looks like the 2 hour finale next week will be interesting and full of action. Great episode last night.
CrottyKid
AG
I am enjoying the espionage possibilities
Does Trouble join Black Claw as an undercover operative? Is Diana a double agent? She is totally going to kill that red headed lady. Is Adalind actovely scheming a way out with Diana in tow?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.