*****Blindspot*****

5,335 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rex Racer
agmatt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else give this show a try last night?

Pilots can make it difficult to judge a show because of the way they shoot them.

Overall, it was kind of slow moving, and though that the actor playing Kurt Weller was definitely overacting at times.

But definitely some pretty great twists with regard to Jane Doe and what her tattoos could mean.

and Jaimie Alexander is just smoking hot.
jbsj9698
AG
quote:
Jaimie Alexander is just smoking hot.

Overall, I thought it was okay. Didn't blow me away or anything. I think I'll give it another episode or two.

The whole premise with the tattoos seems pretty ridiculous but we will see where they are taking it. To be honest, I mainly watched the pilot to see Jamie Alexander (mostly) naked.
jabberwalkie09
AG
This seemed like a show that would have probably benefited from a 2 hour season premiere and expanded a little on the character of Weller. This feels like The Blacklist, perhaps a little too much so, with a blend of Kyle XY if I remember the show correctly. Sullivan Stapleton was good in Strike Back and Alexander was hot, but where they want to go with the plot is so unclear at the moment. I'm expecting lots of fantastic action, so like if The Blacklist and 24 had a baby and it's called Blindspot.
MooreTrucker
AG
I thought it was OK. I read in EW that each week a tattoo will be featured and it will be such that the audience will be able to figure out what it is and what it means. However, the way they handled the Chinese tattoo last night doesn't give me much confidence that they'll handle that aspect of things in the best way.
agmatt06
AG
Agree. Like I said, I think that's more an issue of pilots than anything else. I think it will get more streamlined as we go.

They've hinted at her backstory being that of a bad person, not a good one which will be a cool twist.

and they seemed to hint at the female boss being in a bad spot that could come out.

Should be interesting if it makes it that far.
boy09
AG
quote:
with a blend of Kyle XY if I remember the show correctly.
Jaimie Alexander was pretty much the only reason I watched Kyle XY
PlayToWin2000
AG
It was a lame version of the blacklist.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
It was a lame version of the blacklist.
Barely even a little bit.
BEaggie08
AG
Agree with much of what has already been said. I'll keep watching for a bit.

I will say this, Jaimie Alexander naked was a helluva hook. I wonder if we'll see similar attempts?
jbsj9698
AG
Anyone still watching? Last night's episode was somewhat better I thought. At least the main guy showed a little more personality this time, and the makings of a backstory.

However, I still don't see how long you can take the whole tattoo thing. I mean the actionable intelligence that one can gain from these tattoos, that are now weeks if not months old, has to have a very limited shelf life. Are all these bad guys and there plans going to stay in place for a whole season, or more that one season?? However, it appears this is exactly what they are trying to do, with each week the team deciphering a specific tattoo and it revealing some terrorist threat. The only way this makes sense in the long term is if they introduce some supernatural element; i.e. the tattoos were given to her by a clairvoyant or something. Better yet, aliens...

Oh, and Jamie Alexander is still hot!!! Still enjoying the mostly naked shots of her. Maybe this is what they are planning on to keep people hooked on this show.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yes, still watching. I thought that this episode was slightly better than the pilot. Damian Scott, I mean the character Kurt Weller (Sullivan Stapleton) showed a little bit more of himself. His connection to this whole situation makes a little more sense now. I'm thinking it is likely that the DNA test will match, but that it will be covered up that it matches. I did find that his out right lie to Jane to be interesting. I mean, why keep her in the dark about the possibility other than just not trying to get her hopes up. That means we will get some useless drama when she finds out and is hurt that he didn't tell her...... If it does match, the title of the show will end up having an ironic double meaning. She is Weller's blind spot, and her memories are her blind spot.

Yeah, judging by the amount of tattoos I get the impression they want to do this over the course of the season. Perhaps multiple seasons like Blacklist, but the monster of the week type thing only works for so long and they will have to go to the over arcing story at some point this season. Blacklist teased Liz's relationship with Red and heritage for long enough. That's beginning to burn people I think, and people are growing tired of it. If no progress is made on the story of who Jane is and what he mission is, I see people getting really frustrated.

Obviously her memories are slowly surfacing, and the end of the episode for this week will be interesting to see how it plays into next episode. Will a lie be told to get Jane to go along with it and stop pursuing her memories, or will the truth be told in regards to her mission but with a vagueness that will allow them to hunt him and get the full story? Personally I think that Jane's past will probably be about half way uncovered by the end of the season. We already know from the pilot she did this willingly right? So all that's really left to uncover by the end of the season is why she chose to do it. Was she killing bad guys or a hit woman? If the former, perhaps what is going on is larger than her and the other guy could deal with. If the latter, perhaps she wanted to get out of the game and reform somewhat to do good.

I saw it mentioned somewhere that this is kind of like Person of Interest in that the tattoos are predicting crimes to an extent. I have to say that I agree. And even in that show, the larger plot regarding the machine and Samaritan has taken over some what.

At any rate, I did see that 9 more scripts have been ordered. The goal with TV series seems to get a continual story going so they build a following and get renewed. Personally, I think that this would have worked better as a miniseries.

As an aside, both Sullivan Stapleton and Phillip Winchester ended up getting shows on NBC this year since Strike Back finished its run. Winchester and Snipes are in the show The Player that premiered last week. I found the player to be pretty fun, action packed ride. Plus Winchester got to showcase all the weapons training stuff he learned for Strike Back in the show.

Eta: Also, I don't think they are going for the supernatural aspect. I think they are going for a shadow government organization of some sort that operates beyond the boundaries of the law.
SeattleAgJr
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
And it is ridiculously stupid that whomever came up with the tattoos just d not reach out to the press or the government with all the details.

If they went both public and direct, there would be less chance for the shadow organization or whatever it is to hide all the evidence. Just idiot storytelling for the masses.
One reason I think the DNA will match is to give a way to effectively control Weller. Either do our dirty work under the guise of the law, or we will kill her, or something to that effect. The guy showed up at the hospital to kill the guy from the pilot and now at her place, so he can get where ever he wants to go fairly easily apparently. "If you care for her, you will help us. Or there will consequences for you, and her." Something to that effect. Weller's back story with her being a friend that his father was blamed for I am sure will play into it.

I'm sure the story explanation is that the shadow organization has eyes and ears everywhere. So anything that would try to be put out for public consumption would be stopped, and has likely been tried prior to Jane being given the tattoos.

Also thinking about this from using people to control other people perspective, I'm thinking that there is going to be one person in Weller's team who is not quite all they appear. I'm not sure who it will be, but I have a strong feeling that one will surface.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Yes they are hinting she was a bad person in her previous life, but rally, it could easily be that they were eliminating bad guys then as well. The whole shooting the nun thing - we do not know what the nun person was doing - they could be bad - dealing in child trafficking, drugs, etc. Way too early to be making any valid guesses.

They hint at her being bad, but then they show what she did with the nun that leads to the idea that she might not be bad after all. They just continue to show things in bits and pieces.
PlayToWin2000
AG
She's from the future, and sent back in time with the tattoos to help fix something. just an opinion I read.
jbsj9698
AG
I'll stick with my aliens theory.
agmatt06
AG
quote:
She's from the future, and sent back in time with the tattoos to help fix something. just an opinion I read.

I don't see the point of the tattoos if she's from the future...It would be more like Continuum if that was the case.

It will be interesting to see how they play this out. Just going tattoo to tattoo each episode wouldn't be believable, and maybe they will just justify it that some of the tattoos were distractions from the real ones.

I just don't see shows like this having too much of a shelf life because the main point of the show should become relatively useless in a season or 2.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't see the point of the tattoos if she's from the future...It would be more like Continuum if that was the case.

It will be interesting to see how they play this out. Just going tattoo to tattoo each episode wouldn't be believable, and maybe they will just justify it that some of the tattoos were distractions from the real ones.

I just don't see shows like this having too much of a shelf life because the main point of the show should become relatively useless in a season or 2.
They already have the guy that's objecting to the whole thing. That'd give him even more ammunition.
LuvMarley
Two episodes in, I think this has been pretty good so far. I really do like shows that can stand alone with the story line each week. Not much on the long soap opera that many shows have become.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, surprise surprise the DNA matched. Little surprised that Jane/Taylor's partner ended up getting whacked that early. So begins the investigation into the cabal, I mean Orion... It was pretty obvious that this was the direction they were heading as to how Weller knew her.

What's interesting is that is that the apparently the episode titles are anagrams. The pilot was "Who is Jane Doe," next it was "Taylor Shaw," "The Missing Girl," "Or Maybe not," "Will the Past," and the sixth episode's title is "Cloud Our Eyes."

So given that little bit of trivia, the DNA results seem like a little bit of misdirection and manipulation. Personally, I'm thinking that the lead agent woman made it so that they were positive so she can keep an eye on Jane. There is something large at play here.
Jrod05
AG
I enjoy the show. I might be wrong but this last episode the seal that was in the hospital. His name was casey rybek or something which was Steven segals characters name in under seige. Just thought it was humorous since both were seals
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I enjoy the show. I might be wrong but this last episode the seal that was in the hospital. His name was casey rybek or something which was Steven segals characters name in under seige. Just thought it was humorous since both were seals
I picked up on that, too. I think in the show it was actually Robek, but close enough.
Andyzipp
AG
How long was Prison Break able to stretch the tattoos/hidden messages schtick? One season?
agmatt06
AG
quote:
How long was Prison Break able to stretch the tattoos/hidden messages schtick? One season?

Um...Jaimie Alexander > anything on Prison Break.

I don't mind looking at her tattooed body...
Tone2002
Yea I don't know how long its going to work either. Probably will go the way of "Revenge" and the whole premise of the show will have to be reworked especially if it survives season to season.

Pretty good so far.
Mathguy64
AG
I have given up on it. The premise of a tattoo a week that solves suddenly emergent disconnected crimes is too much and frankly the show seems really disjointed. Like they are cramming 2 hours into 1 and throwing an hour of useful story away. Leaves me just shaking my head and wondering if I wasn't paying attention for large chunks of time.
SeattleAgJr
agmatt06
AG
I haven't seen last nights episode yet, but I do agree on the dialogue.

You can very easily see why Jaimie Alexander is the big actress of the group, and the rest haven't made it.

Weller in particular just has a terrible delivery.

I'm still watching it and won't take it off the dvr yet, but yeah, I don't wait up for it and will watch it in the next couple of days.
bigcat22
AG
Anybody still watching this?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yep.
Rex Racer
AG
Ashley Johnson, who plays the geek FBI scientist, was Chrissy Seaver on Growing Pains as a toddler.

I'm so old.
bigcat22
AG
I believe she was also Mel Gibson's daughter in What Women Want

Thanks to the beauty of OnDeman, my wife and I watched several episodes this weekend and really enjoy the show.

It's also pretty cool that Jamie Alexander is a Grapevine product
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Ashley Johnson, who plays the geek FBI scientist, was Chrissy Seaver on Growing Pains as a toddler.

I'm so old.
My wife picked up on that too.
agmatt06
AG
Anybody still watching?

I still have it on my DVR so I watch it as I have time.

Somebody needs to tell the actor playing Weller to take some acting classes....He is just terrible at delivering a single sentence without an awkward pause.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yep, though I usually passively watch this show at this point.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.