Doctor Who (series 9) 2015

13,847 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stupe
Vade281
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quite possibly the best season of the modern Who series. Loved it.
jkag89
Fantastic end to the season.

Last year there was some discussion here in which one of the characters from last year's Christmas special was going to be the next companion. I figured it was through Ashildr/Me that the Doctor would be reintroduced but with Clara and Ashildr (do you think Clara and Ashildr are the Hybrid?) off in their own TARDIS I guess this is not how the story will progress. Has anyone seen anything more recent on who might be the new companion?

River Song for Christmas! Unfortunately it appears that Christmas is going to be more of a happenstance for this year's special. Personally I prefer the specials where Christmas is a main theme such as in The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe and Last Christmas.
jrod2181
almost done with the wife new mailbox. Just need to attach the base board and a Dalek Figurine.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Craub8][/url]
RiverDog
TheDoctor
AG
That's what I've wanted River's ending to be
SeattleAgJr
The overall episode was all kinds of silly, but I LOVED the last 20 minutes or so.

The good news (if you like River) is there is a 4 episode spin-off BIG FINISH AUDIO series coming out early next year, starring River. One episode even has Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-diary-of-river-song-series-1-special-early-digital-release
TheDoctor
AG
^ and I think the first of the series is available to download today
jkag89
Finally had some time to watch "The Husbands of River Song" and as I suspected, Christmas was to be more of a happenstance in the story than a major theme, still I thoroughly enjoyed it. I particularly enjoyed interaction between Kingston's usually fun take on River and Capaldi's Doctor. I even enjoyed the rompish silliness of the first 2/3 of the episode, in particular the TARDIS attempt to cheerup the Doctor, the "proper" reaction to bigger on the inside and River's TARDIS stash of Aldebaran brandy. How they actualized the Singing Towers of Darillium was quite good. Like everyone else, I will be satisfied if this is the last time we see River,
Saxsoon
AG
The proper reaction was brilliant
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Like everyone else, I will be satisfied if this is the last time we see River,
That was the impression I got from their exchange at the towers restaurant. Either it would be the final one, or close to it.
Stupe
S
For those that also watch "The Librarians", the Tardis was in the room with the time machines this week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.