Doctor Who (series 9) 2015

13,837 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Stupe
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts, anyone?

<spoilers>

I really hope they are making Missy a regular/companion, because that would be awesome.

Look for Missy tickling a Dalek's balls.

SapperAg
AG
The Master and the Daleks together. Hope the plot matches the potential. I do like Missy.
LeonardSkinner
So, a bunch of things just happened...
SapperAg
AG
Awesome opening. Definitely got my attention. Very solid episode.
jkag89
Solid episode, Missy stole the show.
SeattleAgJr
I just wish they had not telegraphed the "save" for the cliffhanger as much as they did.
Vade281
AG
It was such a good episode!
TheDoctor
AG
Loved this episode. One of the better season openers. Hard to judge all the lingering questions we may have due to it being a two parter. Next week looks promising.
Saxsoon
AG
Just a stunning season opener.

Also, the highest ratings for DW in America ever!
SeattleAgJr
Who wants to bet Missy used her magic bracelets to teleport them away?

I know, it is obvious, but still....
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Whatever it takes to hold on to hope that Demples is still alive.
SeattleAgJr
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Saxsoon
AG
SeattleAgJr
Saxsoon
AG
Surprising considering on Gallifrey Base 85% of the fanbase thought it was a 7 or better, (75% thought it was an 8 or better)
Saxsoon
AG
55% thought it was a 9 or a 10
SeattleAgJr
SeattleAgJr
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think you're being a little ridiculous. I think there were some parts that weren't that great, and I think Moffat could have done better in regards to some of the things. Like for instance, the reasoning behind the Doctor leaving Gallifrey to begin with. Honestly, your post in regards to the second episode reads a lot like the IMDB forum posts in regards to Moffat that just don't like the show now because it isn't the show they grew up with during its original run.

I actually enjoyed the first two episodes. Missy stole the show. Capaldi was pretty good up until the middle part of the second episode, then it kind of lagged around. I think that falls more on the writing wanting to keep the tension up, which is where Moffat kind of let it down. A couple of tidbits that were mentioned during the episode, but probably the most important was that MIssy mentioned a daughter. I'm guessing that is Maisie Williams' character. Jenna Coleman was alright, but I feel like they didn't really utilize her character that effectively other than giving the Doctor to despair over.

In all, I'm hoping that Missy is a recurring character this season and that she has more scenes with the Doctor. Their interaction in the first two episodes was probably some of the best interaction I can remember in Doctor Who from recent history.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
No replies yet.

Everyone must be in a state of shock how bad that part 2 was.

I mean, it was even worse than Spavital's play calling, it is that bad.
Haven't had a chance to see it yet, but once again, I am not seeing the reaction you have towards the episode in the wider Who Fanbase.
SeattleAgJr

jabberwalkie09
AG
I think you're part on hating recent Moffat can stand on it's own and people can judge whether or not to take your opinion seriously to what extent they should. This show has been doing retcons for a long as I can remember. Only the old DW actually followed some continuity of some sort in that regard.

I have no issue with the glasses. All the Doctors have had some kind of uniqueness to them.

How many different iterations of The Master has there been now? How many times has The Master "died" only to come back? I seem to remember that last iteration of the Master prior to Missy being portrayed by Timothy Dalton John Simms. And that iteration disappeared somehow. Yet, here is MIssy another incarnation of the Master to live another day.
Post removed:
by user
jabberwalkie09
AG
Generally starting whenever a new Doctor comes to the show is a good place. I'm not sure that will work well with Capaldi since Coleman technically started as a companion when Matt Smith was the Doctor. So you could start with Capaldi being the Doctor last season, or you could start with Smith as the Doctor, or you could go back to when Tennant was the Doctor. Personally, I'd skip Christopher Ecclestone's Doctor but you may like his version of the Doctor.
SapperAg
AG
I liked Eccleston quite a bit. "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances" were excellent. But for someone brand new, I'd start with Matt Smith if you don't want to go all the way back. Be aware that if you do, you'll be missing Tennant, arguably the best Doctor.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Be aware that if you do, you'll be missing Tennant, arguably the best Doctor.
Very true, Tennant is possibly the best Doctor.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Generally starting whenever a new Doctor comes to the show is a good place. I'm not sure that will work well with Capaldi since Coleman technically started as a companion when Matt Smith was the Doctor. So you could start with Capaldi being the Doctor last season, or you could start with Smith as the Doctor, or you could go back to when Tennant was the Doctor. Personally, I'd skip Christopher Ecclestone's Doctor but you may like his version of the Doctor.
I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. Is it on netflix or amazon prime? Where is the starting point.
Matt Smith enters as the Doctor in "The Eleventh Hour" and Capaldi starts at "Deep Breath." Pretty sure it's all on Netflix. Not sure about Amazon Prime.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sounds right.
codenameduchess
AG
quote:
Worst possible answer to someone who hasn't seen an episode. Allow the person to build their own opinions, especially since many like the 9th doctor.

If you'd like to start watching then you should start at the beginning of the new series. You can find it on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime.
codenameduchess
AG
You should start at Season 1 Episode 1 "Rose".

If you skip to one of the later Doctors in later seasons you'll miss a lot of things both big and small things.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I would just start with the Chris Eccleston Doctor, or NewWho. This would be under the new Doctor Who section of Netflix and started in 2005. That is where I started and I have loved every minute of it
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I liked Eccleston quite a bit. "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances" were excellent. But for someone brand new, I'd start with Matt Smith if you don't want to go all the way back. Be aware that if you do, you'll be missing Tennant, arguably the best Doctor.
My personal opinion is Matt Smith is the best, but I wouldn't skip Eccleston or Tennant for the world. Start with new season 1, episode Rose

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.