*****Official Castle Season 8 Thread*****

9,303 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jackie childs
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
And I'm out.

'Castle' Shocker: Star Stana Katic Out For Season 9; Tamala Jones Gone Too
this should be the last season
Always_Right
AG
quote:
quote:
And I'm out.

'Castle' Shocker: Star Stana Katic Out For Season 9; Tamala Jones Gone Too
this should be the last season
Yeap, good series but I think it has run its course.
All my hope is in Jesus, thank God my yesterday's gone.
Kate Beckett
AG
I can't even bear to watch anymore. Especially knowing how this all went down.
jackie childs
she should have never taken that promotion to captain...they never last long at the 12th

the only way i'll have any interest continuing to watch is if beckett dies and rick assembles a team to avenge her death. of course, the team has to include javy and ryan, but also adam baldwin, summer glau, alan tudyk, gina torres, and jewel staite. if they happen to roll around town in a van named serenity, that's just a bonus.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Cancelled for good

http://tvline.com/2016/05/13/castle-cancelled-season-9-stana-katic-cast-reactions/
AgLiving06
They went about 2 seasons to long.

They had the chance to wrap it up nicely with Castle and Beckett building a family...but instead they tried to change the entire direction of the show and it failed miserably...

I honestly quit watching when they said Beckett was off the show.
Kate Beckett
AG
I am actually happy it is ending. It needed to. Trying to change the entire premise wasn't working. Castle isn't Castle without Castle AND Beckett.
Dread Pirate Roberts
The recent one about the antichrist was great because it was back to Castle's theories. It's been missing the fun episodes. And that one showed they can be fun and intense (for broadcast tv). I don't know anyone that wants to see "on again, off again" relationships, especially once the characters are married. That took away the fun, too.

I like Nathan Fillion and hope he gets on something fun and quirky again.
Dread Pirate Roberts
http://deadline.com/2016/04/castle-stana-katic-exit-season-9-tamala-jones-out-1201739022/

quote:
I hear the decision for Katic not to return was made by ABC and ABC Studios. Both Fillion and Katic last spring inked one-year contracts, which are up at the end of the current eighth season. While the studio started making overtures to Fillion for a new deal months ago and has been in on- and off- talks with him since the beginning of the year, I hear Katic was never approached to re-up her contract and was not offered an opportunity to continue on the show. Instead, I hear she, as well as Jones, were informed late last week that for budgetary reasons, they won't be asked to come back for Season 9.

quote:
None of the other Castle cast members besides Fillion have been given an indication about their future on the show though sources indicate that Seamus Dever and Jon Huertas would likely return alongside Fillion who is said to be close with them while not getting along so well with Katic. (Fillion and Katic only filmed together two days a week this season, which was stipulated in Fillion's contract amid reports of on-set tension between the two.)

I had not heard of the friction. I thought they got along really well because I think he's the one that got her a producer title several years back.
Kate Beckett
AG
What. The. Hell. Was. That. Finale.

I sat there cackling like an idiot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm wondering if I should even watch it now. Worth it or no?
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
What. The. Hell. Was. That. Finale.

I sat there cackling like an idiot.

I actually enjoyed the last show. It wasn't too bad
Kate Beckett
AG
It could've been because I only got 4.5 hours of sleep the entire weekend and still punch drunk but idk. Everyone I talked to felt it was too rushed and the script was terrible. I mean I'll take that ending and tack it on to end of season 7 finale and call it a day lol.
ABATTBQ87
AG
granted season 8 was not very memorable, but overall the Castle series was very entertaining.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The majority of the episode was fine... Until you got to the last 10 minutes or so. Then it just moved too fast.
Kate Beckett
AG
Yeah I felt like there could've been easier ways to wrap it up? And that ending was entirely, and I mean, ENTIRELY, too rushed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, the episode probably could have benefited from an additional 15 minutes. It would have been nice if ABC had allowed a little bit of an overrun for the episode to maybe, I don't know, tell us how they didn't die from the gunshot wounds.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Yeah I felt like there could've been easier ways to wrap it up? And that ending was entirely, and I mean, ENTIRELY, too rushed.
that's what happens when you film a season ending cliffhanger and series finale ending
wangus12
AG
Heck, the fact that they didn't have the entire cast in the season finale. They were all part of the ride from the beginning.
Icecream_Ag
S
only watched a few episodes, but caught the finale last night.

Even as someone with little background in the series, I felt they did a horrible job

The first half was good, but then they pushed 3 episodes into 10 minutes...then slapped a WTF ending on to wrap up.
Beat40
My wife and got really disinterested when Beckett essentially left Castle, so we have missed a really good portion of the show. Obviously didn't watch the finally. Who was not in the finale episode? Thats really dumb.

Man, it's tough to see a once great show crash and burn so spectacularly. It's hard to go past 5 seasons anymore and the show not suffer.
Kate Beckett
AG
I knew we were doomed the second that the creators left at the end of last season.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Castle lasted 8 seasons. Here are a few of my thoughts and observations:

1) Jennie was never seen again after giving birth to Grace at the building fire

2) We never saw the Old Haunt after it was purchased by Castle.

3) Alexis didn't have a boyfriend after Pi.

4) Did we ever see Kate's dad again after the wedding?

5) Espo and Lanie made for a good couple.

6) Ryan's best episode was when he went undercover.

7) Espo's best episode was when he protected that young black kid from the drug runner.

8) Castle was at his best in seasons 1-5.

9) Kate was most attractive with long hair.

10) My favorite image of Kate and Castle:

MrPlow2010
AG
I was really hoping some how Montgomery was secretly still alive and was the bad guy
jackie childs
I guess it's difficult to wrap up a series on such short notice, but calling that rushed and forced is a huge understatement.

overall, I really enjoyed the series. had no idea fillion and katic didn't get along well...they did a great job hiding it on screen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.