*****Official Castle Season 8 Thread*****

9,302 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jackie childs
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy y'all! Castle returns next Monday!! Can't believe it'll be season 8.

Now, this year, I am going in a bit spoiler free. I have only seen the promo and that it will be a two parter. XY is the season premiere (from Castle's perspective), and XX is the following week (from Beckett's perspective).

Who is excited?
Cibalo
I'm in. got the DVR set. I haven't watched any spoilers yet so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
MrPlow2010
AG
Can't wait
ABATTBQ87
AG
we're ready!
Kate Beckett
AG
Picked up Driving Heat at Barnes and Noble today. Yes the books he writes are real (they are actually by executive producers and writers we speculate), and they are good haha
Kate Beckett
AG
Well that was a confusing, um, intense episode. There was one point I couldn't look at the TV and yall who watched probably know why
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Well that was a confusing, um, intense episode. There was one point I couldn't look at the TV and yall who watched probably know why
Spiders

Pretty intense show, and next week looks just as intense with guys with guns going after Kate.
Kate Beckett
AG
I yelled "Oh hell no!!!" at the end!!!!

I must admit..Molly Quinn's (Alexis) acting was pretty bad and over the top at times.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
I must admit..Molly Quinn's (Alexis) acting was pretty bad and over the top at times.
My 19 year old son didn't care; he thinks she's hot!
Cibalo
good start to the season. I like the darker more intense episodes. I liked that there was no Martha and Alexis should be seen and not heard. I hope she isn't forced down our throats this season.
Kate Beckett
AG
I heard a little rumor that a certain male lead wanted more Alexis. He's a producer now (along with Stana), so we shall see.
Kate Beckett
AG
Part two tonight. This time from Kate's perspective. Will be excited to see this.
AR_Ag95
AG
Solid start
Kate Beckett
AG
I am still reeling from this episode. As everyone knows, I LOVE Castle to death, but I can't even make a coherent sentence and I am seriously doubting this show and what they're doing now.
JR_83
Sorry, I love the show too, but they've jumped the shark...
Kate Beckett
AG
I had a bit of a voice come back from Saturday but I ruined it by screaming at my TV about how idiotic the writers are being. You can tell the original creators stepped away.
agmatt06
AG
I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I'm kind of bummed about the comments I've seen.

What made Castle stand out to me and the reruns so fun to watch is that the show is usually lighthearted and entertaining. Every once in a while, you would get a serious episode to change it up, but that was not the bulk of the show.

The last few seasons have been different though. Everything is so serious, and the much hyped wedding was just horribly. I wish they would get back to what made this show great, but I don't think they know what that is anymore...
Kate Beckett
AG
Andrew Marlowe and Terri Edda Miller were the creators of the show. They stepped away at the end of season 7 completely to do their other stuff they were contractually obligated to do under their ABC contract. Different showrunners now (second group since they stopped running show in season 6 but still wrote episodes).

This article is the writers defending it. There is no defending that crap tbh.

Writers defending the show
wangus12
AG
quote:
The last few seasons have been different though. Everything is so serious, and the much hyped wedding was just horribly. I wish they would get back to what made this show great, but I don't think they know what that is anymore...
Basically started losing steam when Castle and KB got together. It really seemed to lose the comedic sexual tension that really drove the show.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Sorry, I love the show too, but they've jumped the shark...
If this season isn't the final season, I will be really surprised. These first two episodes had final end game story line written all over them. I get the impression that we have seen the beginning of the end for Kate's story in the show. In fact, I get the impression that the majority of this season will focus on Kate. I'm not entirely sure what they will be doing with Castle in the mean time, but strange thing is that he had pretty much sensed that this was coming during the episode. I'm sure he will keep doing his PI business stuff, but will likely let Alexis handle the bulk of the work so he had work on the problem from his angle.

As for Alexis, I guess I had forgotten how different the character is now. I thought we were past the rebel, tell your dad to shove it phase...

I thought last season lost something in the show, and these first two episodes just cement that feeling. Without the banter back between Castle and Beckett, the show to me isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. Hell, Esposito and Ryan's interactions with each other weren't that enjoyable in the episode either. The show has started to become really serious in tone, and while I don't have a problem with that depending on the story, it is a bit of a departure from what the show was before.

As a side note, I wasn't really excited about the start of the season. But, I'll admit that I probably stopped watching mid season last season and picked it up later.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
This article is the writers defending it. There is no defending that crap tbh.

Writers defending the show
The fact that we have to sit through multiple episodes of angst kills me. We already went through the will they/won't they for multiple seasons. Instead of the characters' relationship progressing, it feels as if it has regressed.

Also, I don't buy this:

quote:
TVLINE | And just to be clear, Rick was never looped in on the stepmother Rita of it all? He also believes Allison Hyde was in fact leading all of this?

HAWLEY | Correct. He thinks that it's over. But he knows that it opened a door that Beckett had closed inside of her. Now she's obviously trying to close it again and he wants to help her, but he doesn't know that she's got a new obsession. He just knows that it all blew up in his face.
Yeah, I don't buy it that he thinks it's all over.
Kate Beckett
AG
EXACTLY MY POINT. It is like they took these characters back to season 4 and let's just forget what happened the past three seasons. If I want the angst and will they/won't they, I will watch my DVDs. I already saw that. I don't want to see it again. They can keep the relationship feisty and sexy and fun without doing this bullcrap.
Cibalo
Yeah I'm really disappointed in this direction. While I'm good as letting things slip by, I can't buy into this story line at all. If a NYPD Captain doesn't show up on their first day and then they find their blood at a crime scene, do you really think they are just going to have 2 Detectivies and a PI out looking for them?

The Captain's role in the show has always been a minor character so I wanted to see how they were going to bring Kate into this position. I don't like that she keeps acting like a Detective and if they are going to have her open up this can of worms I would much rather see her do it in the backgroud and use her positon to get some of the leg work done.

I thought this season we would see more of Ryan and Espo using Castle in cases and them going over or right up to the line and Kate being caught in a difficult position between her bosses and her team. I think that would make for some tension between the two and provide the banter we all enjoy about this show. However, now I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into every other cop show.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Season 7 is now on TNT daily. 3pm today is the wedding episode
Kate Beckett
AG
And I am at work.
agmatt06
AG
Is this the "wedding episode" where Castle disappears, and we still have no real reason why and so no wedding happens?
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Is this the "wedding episode" where Castle disappears, and we still have no real reason why and so no wedding happens?

Yep
aggiebrad94
AG
My wife and I watch regularly but I admit I usually forget most of this the next day. Have we found out the complete story about Castle's disappearance?

Also, the British PI was a sexy twist to the show. I expect we see her more. Adding in step mother-in-law was a bit over the top but would have been typical Castle if they would have lightened the mood.

Didn't like Beckett leaving. She could have gone Obsessive/Independent and still slept in her marriage bed.
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:
My wife and I watch regularly but I admit I usually forget most of this the next day. Have we found out the complete story about Castle's disappearance?

Also, the British PI was a sexy twist to the show. I expect we see her more. Adding in step mother-in-law was a bit over the top but would have been typical Castle if they would have lightened the mood.

Didn't like Beckett leaving. She could have gone Obsessive/Independent and still slept in her marriage bed.
No. They made some stupid crap up but I think that was a smoke and mirrors thing. I didn't believe it for a second.

I didn't like Beckett leaving either. In fact, welcome the club. You are definitely in a majority.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
If a NYPD Captain doesn't show up on their first day and then they find their blood at a crime scene, do you really think they are just going to have 2 Detectivies and a PI out looking for them?
hell yeah. Tom Selleck would have had 35,000 people looking for her.
ABATTBQ87
AG
good episode last night; trying to recapture the magic of the first few seasons.
Cibalo
this week's was better and got back to their bread and butter. It will be interesting if they try and do parallel storylines for the season. Still too much Alexis but I think this will be the norm for the season. Does she not have school or something?
aggiebrad94
AG
Last night was the type of episode that caused my and wife and me to love this show. Fun, fast, foolish at times and Castle being charming when he wasn't trying to be. Beckett is at her best when she "plays" tough.
Kate Beckett
AG
Yes. The skype phone call, the normal phone call, calling Ryan and Espo "bozos"...I just want them back together again though.
ABATTBQ87
AG
They are making Espo and Ryan a little more animated this season:

Espo using hair dye, just around the temples
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.