***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

48,929 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts next Wednesday.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/24/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-immunity-idols-challenges

Allowing fans to vote for the cast for Survivor: CambodiaSecond Chance is not the only big twist for next season. We've got another exclusive scoop for you regarding season 31 (which will premiere Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS), and this time it involves the use of hidden immunity idols.

There are actually two big twists with the idols this season, the first of which is that every idol will look different. This could lead to more confusion among the contestants as to which idols are real and which are fake. Host Jeff Probst explained the idea behind it while speaking to EW on location for filming in May. "The first thing we're doing with the idols is we're making idols look different, so every idol will be unique," says Probst. "One idol will look really fancy and the next idol will look like a 5-year-old made it. So when you get an idol, you're going to have to convince somebody it's real because they're going to think it isn't. But that also opens a door to make a fake idol and they won't know which is up and which is down. You can play all angles on this."

But that is just the first wrinkle to the immunity idols, and this reporter could not be more excited about the second. While the look of the idols will be different, so will the location of where you can find them. For the first time ever, idols will hidden in the middle of challenges. Probst explains: "To get an idol you're going to have to do something that you, Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly, have been pitching for years along with us which is hiding the idol in the middle of a challenge. So here's how it will work: Day 1, they start building their shelter, you know people are going to start looking for an idol. They're going to find it in a tree or under a trunk whatever. But it will be a clue and the clue will say, 'Good news, the idol is within reach. You just have to be daring enough to grab it.' And we're going to have a drawing [of the challenge]. You will know exactly where it is. There is no search. The only question is, can you do it in front of your tribe in the middle of a challenge and get away with it? I love that."

So do I. As noted by Probst, I have long lobbied for idols to be hidden at challenges. It will add a completely new element into the game in which players at the very least will have to figure out how to retrieve one without anyone noticing, and could also force them to choose whether to sacrifice personal performance in a group contest for the individual advantage of an immunity idol.

You can watch Probst himself explain it all in the video above, and for more Survivor intel, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss. Also feel free to weigh in yourself: What do you think about the new hidden immunity idol twists?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
is everybody down for another year of Survivor Fantasy Pickem?
aTmAg
AG
It's weird that without some sort of reminder, that I only remember a few of those people. There is certainly not somebody that I'd root for.
zap
AG
I am rooting against a few rather than for...mainly I want to see Kass and Shirin out early.

Muck - I am definitely down for another pick 'em

AcctAg11
AG
I'm aboard the Spencer train. Definitely want to see Kass out first.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Kass getting enough votes to go back a second time tells me there are a lot of ugly, gay chicks watching Survivor.
Aggie Infantry
AG
We do a pick-em at work.
Gonna be a good season!
kpaggie05
AG
I'm definitely looking forward to this season - and the amount of pre-game press is crazy! I really hope they vote out Kass or Abi early, I am not a fan of either of them.
MooreTrucker
AG
Not an especially attractive cast, either.
aggietoolman
AG
I just want Kass gone. She shouldn't even be there.
zap
AG
quote:
Not an especially attractive cast, either.
Tru dat. Hard to find any decent bikini pics.
Rudyjax
AG
I am in for a pool.
BlackLab
AG
In for the pick'em again.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm in again
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've dredged up the rules from last year's pick'em. We'll do it just like last year, I'll make a google doc so everyone can keep up and have access for transparency's sake, etc. Just make sure you post your picks by 6:59 p.m. central next Wednesday. I've tweaked the scoring just a tad to that people who actually do stuff (find idols, use idols) are worth more than the tag-alongs. EDIT - I think it's been discussed that there are some fake IIs in play this year. So only the people finding real ones will get points.

Guys and ladies - I've included all the rules for the Pick'em below. Sorry if it's a long read.

Basically all I need from everyone between now and next Wednesday night is your name and the 4 players you think will do the best - 2 men, 2 women. Please look up their real first names, don't tell me "The fat guy and the blonde."

I'll make a Google Doc once all picks are in and update it regularly late every Wednesday night, as well as posting updated standings here. Thanks for playing. Good luck.

RULES

1) You pick 4 players you think will do the best in the game. 2 have to be male, 2 have to be female. What tribe they are in doesn't matter. You have between now and next Wednesday at 6:59 p.m. Central to make your picks. Anything submitted after that doesn't count, and anybody who edits their picks after that time is DQ'ed.

2) Pre-Merge Rules: Each time one of your players survives a tribal council (or their tribe doesn't go), you get 1 point. They also get 2 point for finding a Hidden Immunity Idol - although that is not retroactive for anyone who finds one in the first episode.

2a) Any player who plays an HII at tribal and it keeps them from going home, you get 3 points. If they give it someone else and it saves that person, you get 2 points. If they get voted off while in possession of the HII, you lose 2 points.

2b) For every one of your players that makes the merge, you get 2 points.

3) Post-Merge Rules: Since they usually don't let you know the merge is happening until that in-episode, these rules only apply to episodes after the one where they merge. In the episode where the merge takes place, you'll get points for any players you have in the first II challenge (and reward challenge if they have one), as well as for surviving TC.

3a) In the week after the merge episode, everyone picks the 2 players they think will go the furthest. Can be 2 men, 2 women, or 1 of each, doesn't matter.

3b) If you have players remaining from your initial picks, you can stick with them and get a 0.5 point bonus on everything going forward.

4) Post-Merge points: Win reward challenge (as either individual or a team): 1 point; Win individual immunity challenge: 2 points; Find Hidden Immunity Idol: 2 points; use HII to save yourself: 3 points; use HII to save someone else: 2 points; survive tribal council: 1 point; voted off while possessing HII: -2 points.

4a) So if you had two people left from your original picks, and went with them after the merge, every time they survived tribal council, they'd each earn 1.5 points, 2.5 points for winning individual immunity, etc.

5) Having the person who finishes 5th earns you +2 points; 4th = +4 points; 3rd = +6 points; 2nd = +8 points; 1st = +10 points. The 0.5 point bonuses apply here as well.
Quinn
Southlake
Where do we sign up to play?
CheeseSndwch
F1: Ciera Eastin
F2: Kelley Wentworth
M1: Joe Anglim
M2: Woo Hwang
MooreTrucker
AG
nm
AcctAg11
AG
M1: Spencer
M2: Joe
F1: Ciera
F2: Tasha
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i was rolling during the immunity challenge when Jeff Probst kept questioning the length of Joe's pole.

"Joe thinks his pole is long enough! Is it? NO!"

"Joe thinks his pole will work this time, he's wrong!"

On the vote, although it might have been a scramble vote, I was pretty impressed the tribe knocked out Vytas, who was playing the game too hard early on, instead of Abi, who is just annoying as sith. Vytas is a long term threat and a good competitor, but a good competitor on a tribe with several good competitors. Abi is a vote, pure and simple, and no competition to win on any level. You drag her corpse to the finals with you any way you can.

I'm documenting picks as we go along - many thanks for getting them in early.
zap
AG
They couldn't handle "in your face" yoga with Vytas...LOL
Frisco
AG
I died with the "she's looking at your idol"!!!!!
MooreTrucker
AG
M1: Spencer
M2: Joe
F1: Wentworth
F2: Ciera
AcctAg11
AG
I think it's a poor move to get rid of one of your strong competitors this early. You need those people to keep your tribe from losing challenges early, which otherwise can snowball into the majority of the tribe leaving before long.
aTmAg
AG
Vytas was a stupid first vote. The guy would physically help the tribe in challenges (certainly compared to Abi) and was no threat to take over the tribe with strategy.
Bobcat06
AG
M1: Jeremy
M2: Spencer
F1: Wentworth
F2: PG
hurleyag
AG
I was surprised they spoiled that Abi wouldn't be voted out before they even went to council. Showing her personal video diary indicated that she would still be there after the vote.
hurleyag
AG
As for my picks:
F1- Ciera
M1- Woo
F2- Kass
M2- Keith
jdgilberg
AG
Jeff
Jeremy
Monica
Wentworth
kpaggie05
AG
I loved how the immunity idol played out - I really didn't think she'd go back for it! As far as the vote, it really didn't seem like there was much scrambling - so that had to be the plan going in. Otherwise the votes would have been scattered more and it was only between Abi and Vytas. Varner's vote surprised me - I thought he'd be voting with Vytas!

My picks:
F1: Kelley Wentworth
F2: Ciera Eastin

M1: Jeremy Collins
M2: Jeff Varner

- Karyn
gravy97
AG
Spencer
Joe
Ciera
Cass
txaggiefarmer05
AG
After the finale last year, Shane was on a podcast talking about how everyone had alliances before they knew they were going or not. He stated that he had him and 3 others and they would have conference calls about their plan. Looks like people are going to vote people who aren't in their pre-game alliances, so we might have some crazy votes and post-merge might be even better.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I remember on one of the earlier All-Star shows, Stephanie LeGrossa lamenting at a Tribal Council that she wasn't one of the Survivors who hung out with others off the show, and thus she was voted out rapidly. Although the current cast isn't former winners or even All-Stars, I had wondered if pre-season knowledge and friendships would have a big impact, sounds like it might.
LHIOB
AG
Love the idol and the drama it created in the challenge. Not a whole lot of eye candy but damn, Kelley is hot.

Abi is one of the most annoying characters in Survivor history.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.