Narcos - Netflix Original Series

12,931 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 45-70Ag
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im kinda shocked there wasn't a thread on this...

Here is the 2nd Trailer for S1

Its a series about Pablo Escobar and the agents who took him down. Looks pretty bad ass. Plus, it has the Red Viper in it so theres that.
LHIOB
AG
Wow...i figured this trailer would spark sone interest
Morpholino
AG
For a minute there I thought I was watching Blow with the Johnny Depp voice narration.

I'll give it a shot.
Sex Panther
AG
Looks legit. Netflix makes great shows.
Aggie_buster
AG
I'll check it out when it becomes available. Thanks OP.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
For a minute there I thought I was watching Blow with the Johnny Depp voice narration.

I'll give it a shot.

Where's Vinnie Chase?!?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Where's Vinnie Chase?!?

First Aquaman, now Pablo Escobar... Hollywood is so out of ideas they're just going through episodes of Entourage now for inspiration.
gigemags-99
AG
Yup
schmendeler
AG
i'll watch it!
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
Where's Vinnie Chase?!?

First Aquaman, now Pablo Escobar... Hollywood is so out of ideas they're just going through episodes of Entourage now for inspiration.
Looking forward to that firefighter epic! Hopefully, they can actually get it off the ground though.
israeliag
AG
On topic though - that looks great.

The Neflix vs. HBO competition is really great for us.
Mustang1
AG
Narcos will launch on Aug. 28
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Where's Vinnie Chase?!?

Looking forward to that firefighter epic! Hopefully, they can actually get it off the ground though.

You mean this?
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Where's Vinnie Chase?!?

You mean this?

Sex Panther
AG
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4155144/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
hurleyag
AG
Don't forget we got Gatsby too.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Don't forget we got Gatsby too.

Which would've been a hell of a lot better if they let Scorsese do it
Aggie_buster
AG
Caught the first 2 episodes tonight. Pretty good so far. But fair warning if you don't speak Spanish you'll be reading subtitles for a lot of it.
roveram
AG
Stay clear of this series if you don't speak Spanish.
BarryProfit
I too saw the first two episodes, thought it was pretty good. Didn't mind the subtitles.
aTmAg
AG
I binge watched the whole thing. Damn good. I've watched a lot of mobster shows/documentaries and I had no idea that Escobar was that powerful. If those things didn't happen and somebody made a movie about it I would have called the movie unrealistic and way over the top. I thought Breaking Bad took things a little far on several occasions, but I guess not.
Hank Mardukas
AG
Gramatik
LHIOB
AG
quote:
I binge watched the whole thing. Damn good. I've watched a lot of mobster shows/documentaries and I had no idea that Escobar was that powerful. If those things didn't happen and somebody made a movie about it I would have called the movie unrealistic and way over the top. I thought Breaking Bad took things a little far on several occasions, but I guess not.

Cant wait to watch
AggieDarlin
AG
I binge watched it last night and was very entertained
La Fours
AG
I stumbled upon it last night. I watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed them.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:

Absolutley ridiculous advice. Too lazy to read subtitles despite how good the material is? Then you should probably stick to standard network fare - CSI, NCIS, Two and a Half Men type of stuff.

The first episode hooked me - will definitely finish the series.
AggieDarlin
AG
And it's not like the script is complicated or something. Subtitles weren't bothersome in the least and there are plenty of scenes without them in every episode, so don't let it deter you
OregonAggie
AG
Just watched the first 2 episodes and in all in with this one. Subtitles aren't that bad. Yes there's lots of them but it doesn't diminish the viewing of the show.
schmendeler
AG
I think it's hilarious that there are people that would say it's possible for foreign language subtitles to ruin a movie.
aTmAg
AG
***** Spoiler question for those who have seen it all the way through: *****

In the last episode, that guy (forgot his name) had Steve Murphy kidnapped and then tried to blackmail him with those photos. I don't remember What Murphy did and which episode he did it. Reminder, anybody?

Update: I guess it was the fact that he tipped off Carrillo about Poison's whereabouts. I guess the Ambassador's office or CIA had to have leaked that?

**** end spoiler ****
CivilAg10
AG
*******Spoiler Alert************

I think Pena was trying to force the US/DEA to back the Cali cartel in taking Escobar out. He knew that the Cali cartel and US were on the same page as far as eliminating Escobar, and Pena figured the cartel could do the grunt work without direct US intervention.

Pena leaked the info to the Cali cartel knowing that the Cali cartel would use the info as leverage against Murphy to go along with the idea.

As far as the content of the leaked info, I don't think the problem was that Murphy tipped off Carillo, the problem was that Murphy was an active participant of the raid and an innocent bystander was killed (some random girl).
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

Frontrunner for worst post in this thread.
aTmAg
AG
****** More spoiler *****

Is that what Murphy pushed Pena against the wall to confront him about in the last episode? I can't remember what was said, but I thought Pena denied it and that Murphy then thought that the ambassador leaked it? I was trying to finish that episode before I had to leave. I didn't pay attention enough, I guess.

CivilAg10
AG
*******spoiler***********

Similarly, I also had trouble making out what was said in that scene.

Earlier in the episide (or from the previous episode) when Pena and Murphy were meeting with Pacho's man (the kidnapper), it looked like Pacho's guy and Pena were on the same page after Murphy walked off back to the car. I don't think Pena knew that Pacho was going to have Murphy kidnapped, but he knew Pacho was going to try and convince him some how.

Now, I could totally have read this wrong. I suppose the other explanation would be that the CIA leaked it to Pacho, but I figured when the CIA agent walked by them in the hall and smiled, it was because he knew Murphy wasn't missing/was with the ambassador and got a kick out of watching Pena frantically look for him.
always gig em
AG
Finished it over two days. Escobar was a *******.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.