*****Official Fear The Walking Dead: Season 1*****

74,879 Views | 672 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by E.KingTrill
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TWD has always had stereotypical characters. They are no where near developed as say Breaking Bad, where even characters like Hank are incredibly developed. But outside of Carol or Darryl, we have not seen real depth in any of the characters. Maybe Herschel, RIP. They are mostly one dimensional.

But hey, it's a zombie show. That's ok.

What they have been able to do is put them in unique situations and plot twists. For instance, last season as they co-habitated the community with noobs who were incredibly ill-prepared. And frankly, that's the most important thing in a SCI-FI show.

91_Aggie
AG
I'm not sure what to think about this show.

No one is jumping out as anyone I care the least bit for.

the only two interesting characters are strand and Reuben Blade's character.

Travis is a wimp (who they might be trying to toughen up... but even then I don't care about him or his story)

the white wife is just meh.

The daughter (who is 18) is nice eye candy, but meh.

The doper kid was interesting before, but now is just meh.

The other kid is truly a waste of a character.

I'll keep watching, but it really seems like writers/producers don't have a real plan for characters here.
et98
AG
This show is about how a groups of normal and boring people evolve into zombie-killing badasses. They're not supposed to be interesting yet.

In a few seasons, Travis will be a zombie-killing machine who will kill a person for looking at him wrong, the druggie will be a political leader of a large west coast faction of the US, and Ruben Blades will be the spiritual leader and voice of pacifism & reason that keeps everyone grounded. And we'll all look back on this thread from the 1st season and laugh.
643coach
The best finale would've been for all of them to die somehow. Then they could've picked up next season with a new cast in a different situation. There wasn't one person I cared about this season.
Objective Aggie
AG
Reality is that with that many ZA noobs, many more of their crew would have died. The grandma and the ex wife were the only ones to go. The others are all lucky to be alive.
AgKJ
AG
Lol at all of you who can't understand why the military hasn't used other strategies, etc etc.

Do you realize that this show is written by west coast theater arts majors whose idea of "the army" is - 'dudes in camo standing at a fence waiting for bad guys to show up'?

Don't overthink it, good lord.
HtownAg92
AG
Those of you wanting the teens to die are being very short-sighted. That would totally ruin the many opportunities to gratuitously show her sipping a pina colada in a bikini topside on the yacht. And yes, I totally went to IMDB once she was prancing around in that skirt to ward off the pedobear.

et98
AG
You can't kill off the all the kids and teenagers. After all, the children are their future. They have to teach them well and let them lead the way.
E.KingTrill
quote:
Maybe Herschel, RIP.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.