Deadwood Movie

3,777 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieTJ
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So apparently a HBO has began preliminary talks to do a Deadwood movie.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/hbo-in-preliminary-talks-for-deadwood-movie-20150813

quote:
Actor Garret Dillahunt, who played two characters on the show, including geologist Francis Wolcott, during its run from 2004 to 2006, posted two tweets Wednesday hinting at the prospect. In response, a spokesman for HBO confirmed to Variety that "very preliminary discussions" have been made to resurrect the series with a movie.

To quote Cy Tolliver from the show,"You can help your delicate sensibilities by turning the **** away." So anyways, how many times do you think that can fit the show's favorite word of ********er into the film if it happens?

JetAg
AG
Approve this message - loved season 1 and 2!
JABQ04
AG
Hope so. I loved that series.
20ag07
quote:
HBO has began preliminary talks to do a Deadwood movie.
FIFY- "HBO has resumed talks to do a Deadwood movie that have surfaced on and off for 9 YEARS now."

If a craptacular Entourage movie nobody really wanted or needed can get the funding to bomb out, anything can happen. But let's not pretend this is the first time HBO has teased this, and I'd be wildly curious where the financial viability lies. HBO isn't in the same boat as others needing to use old ideas to fill the pipeline- their new stuff seems to be working out fairly decently without resorting to the re- dip everyone else is.
MW03
AG
Put Ian McShane and Timothy Olyphant in it, and I'll be there opening night.
Al Bula
AG
The ONLY issue I had with Deadwood was using the same actor to play two different characters. Otherwise the show was flawless.
rhutton125
AG
I had a few Season 3 beefs - the Earp brothers showing up for no reason, and the entire theater troupe subplot, for example.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I had a few Season 3 beefs - the Earp brothers showing up for no reason, and the entire theater troupe subplot, for example.

The theater troupe, while annoying, was mainly there to provide another outlet of goings on in the town to help with the storylines.

As for the Earp brothers...i wasn't bothered by it at all. They showed up for a short period of time, rolled through and continued on in search of a fortune...exactly like they did in real life in Deadwood.
Whos Juan
AG
The first draft of the script is just thousands of "f*cks". They're just going to ad-lib the rest of the movie.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
The ONLY issue I had with Deadwood was using the same actor to play two different characters. Otherwise the show was flawless.
That, and its ending. It was lackluster. A movie to cap things off would help a lot in that regard.
Stive
AG
Loved the series....not sure a movie would work.

For those that watched the series (not that many), we wouldn't need that much character development. But for a newer audience, the character development in something like that would likely take up too much time. If they don't do the character development, and try to cater to the fans of the show, then it will fail at the box office because people won't appreciate it because they won't know the back story of the characters.

JD Shellnut
AG
Bunch of Hoople headed cock suckers!
PatAg
AG
There are plenty of movies where you join the characters in the middle of their lives. You don't always have to have a gigantic expose of their past. If it's written well, you don't need to know every interaction the characters have had, the ones in the movie just need to be done well.
Ag 11
AG
I'm not getting my hopes up. We've been hearing rumors like this since they pulled the show
Smokedraw01
If those Entourage ********ers can get a movie, Deadwood deserves two.
Deadwood
AG
I support this thread.
PatAg
AG
Damnit, you tricked me!
Bunk Moreland
http://uproxx.com/tv/hbo-deadwood-movie-premiere/

Looks like it's happening. Got the green light. No word on a premiere date.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The gif in the article "Huzzah" sums it up perfectly.
Duncan Idaho
Too lazy to click. Theater movie or HBO TV movie?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Too lazy to click. Theater movie or HBO TV movie?

hbo
MGS
Who will Garret Dillahunt play this time?
ac04
swedgin...wu
mel99
AG
Co$&sucker
mike_ags_fan12
My day is made!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Who will Garret Dillahunt play this time?

Calamity Jane
merc
AG
This is great news. One of my favorite shows.
PJD Ag 10
AggieTJ
AG
Great news. The pigs are getting hungry!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.