Sharknado 3

2,612 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
MROD92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh hell no! Tonight on SYFY
Mr. White
They're self-aware. They know it's stupid and tried to make it stupid. I'm out.
Rapier108
Cannot wait. All of the Sharknado movies are terrible, which is also why they are so good.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Love em
hurleyag
AG
lou ferrigno saying "don't make me angry"!
chick79
AG
Lots of great cameos!
Icecream_Ag
S
That ending though. I cheered then cried when they said wait for the next movie to learn the truth.
jr15aggie
AG
I heard about #3 and finally decided to watch the 1st one... got about halfway last night. My gosh it's so bad. So far I'm pretty sure it's not so bad it's good... it's so bad it's bad. I'm sure it's just getting started though so I'll finish during my lunch break today and see how it turns out.
CapCityAg89
AG
The shark in the flooded house (only one in the neighborhood) is awesome!!
The Collective
AG
quote:
I heard about #3 and finally decided to watch the 1st one... got about halfway last night. My gosh it's so bad. So far I'm pretty sure it's not so bad it's good... it's so bad it's bad. I'm sure it's just getting started though so I'll finish during my lunch break today and see how it turns out.

I think you had to watch #1 at release with the magic of social media going while watching it. That's what made it enjoyable for me.
LeFraud
Who would've guessed back in '99 that this is how "Vicky's" career would turn out...
The Kraken
AG
quote:
This x1000. Unintentionally bad movies or parodies are fine.....this is so in your face bad it's unwatchable.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I loved the first two, but this one was just bad, and not in so bad it's good way.
oragator
quote:
quote:
This x1000. Unintentionally bad movies or parodies are fine.....this is so in your face bad it's unwatchable.

I hit this wall with number 2 (pun intended) and won't be watching the third one.
The first one was blissfully dumb, the second one tried the same formula but without the lack of self awareness and was just awful.
Did like some of the cameos though, Robert Hayes from Airplane as the pilot, Judd Hirsch from Taxi as the taxi driver. That was kinda cool.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hit this wall with number 2 (pun intended) and won't be watching the third one.
The first one was blissfully dumb, the second one tried the same formula but without the lack of self awareness and was just awful.
Did like some of the cameos though, Robert Hayes from Airplane as the pilot, Judd Hirsch from Taxi as the taxi driver. That was kinda cool.
I love bad made for syfy movies, so was able to enjoy this one.

However after reflection, it was a bad made for syfy movie, almost trying to be a campy bad made for syfy movie.

At the end of the day, I'll watch the 4th one, just to make sure the walking barbie doll is actually dead, but short of bringing "Sand Sharks" or SuperShark into the picture, not sure what else is left for this franchise but to kill of the stars.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:

You don't think they were doing that while making the first one?

Mr. White
quote:
quote:

You don't think they were doing that while making the first one?

Not on the level of two or three
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You forgot about Jared from Subway on the Subway
Bruce Almighty
AG
They were definitely trying to make a stupid movie because that's what all Syfy movies are, but even with all the stupidity, there were two entertaining movies being made. With the third one, it's like they decided to make the dumbest movie that's ever been made. There's a difference between making a stupid yet entertaining movie and making a movie that's just stupid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.