****The Strain Season 2****

19,196 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
IJones23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't see a thread for season 2, so I thought I'd start one.

I've liked the first two episodes so far, but this replacement kid is already getting on my nerves.
zap
AG
I've been travelling, so I need to catch up on both episodes in the next few days.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm kind of hoping that the kid turns into a vampire.
IJones23
Me too. His acting and one facial expression is highly annoying. I know a lot of people didn't like the original Zack, but I'd take him over this kid any day.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Me too. His acting and one facial expression is highly annoying. I know a lot of people didn't like the original Zack, but I'd take him over this kid any day.
I'd forgotten he had a kid until the whiny kid this season started throwing a tantrum........
Ol Jock 99
AG
After getting used to HBO quality shows, it is a bit of a step, but so far so good.

And yeah, the kid needs to go.
zgood10
AG
Kid is over the top antagonistic.

The Feeler kids are pretty creepy
IJones23
Pretty solid episode.
ro828
The kid's tantrum tonight was ridiculous. My Dad would have pushed me out the front door to take my chances with the vampires. Now that I think about it, though, the vampires would probably have brought the kid back and begged the heroes to take him off their hands.
SeattleAgJr
Got I just wanted to punch the kid in his face. Over. And over. And over.

Horrible little brat. Stupid story line.
IJones23
If they're trying to make you hate the kid, they've succeeded.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah... He's annoying. I'm kind of hoping he gets turned into a strigoi and someone has to kill him.
mid90
AG
quote:
Got I just wanted to punch the kid in his face. Over. And over. And over.

Horrible little brat. Stupid story line.
mid90
AG
I liked how Eph handled his kids' tantrum. Shove his face against the glass with the vamp and make him stare at it.
PooDoo
AG
I need some worm eye drops.
zap
AG
I like how Staten Island is dealing with the outbreak.
98Ag99Grad
AG
So why isn't the Army on Staten Island going door to door and wiping out vampires? People know these things exist but are just kind of going about their daily lives? State and local police wouldn't be able to deal with this. Evacuate the island and nuke it just to be safe.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I was pretty disappointed in the vamp commandos. All this time building them up and their first real mission: toast.
mid90
AG
quote:
I was pretty disappointed in the vamp commandos. All this time building them up and their first real mission: toast.

For real.

What's the point of wearing hoodies that cover your whole body if you can't use them to hide from the UV rays?
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
What's the point of wearing hoodies that cover your whole body if you can't use them to hide from the UV rays?
Exactly what my wife said.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
1st 3 episodes have been pretty good. I thought the first one was the best. It was cool to see the Master's story and that he didn't start out an evil person/thing but through a evil twist of fate became one.

Oh and seconded on the worm eye drops. I had been wondering about Setrakian's age and doing the math, how a 90+ year old man could still be hunting vamps. Answer - worm drops.
chase128
AG
quote:
So why isn't the Army on Staten Island going door to door and wiping out vampires? People know these things exist but are just kind of going about their daily lives? State and local police wouldn't be able to deal with this. Evacuate the island and nuke it just to be safe.
I've been wondering the same thing. There was that one city official that doesn't seem to believe the infected aren't people anymore, and that killing them would be "inhumane". Isn't that right? Something along those lines?

Maybe that's why the military hasn't gotten involved yet.
mid90
AG
quote:
1st 3 episodes have been pretty good. I thought the first one was the best. It was cool to see the Master's story and that he didn't start out an evil person/thing but through a evil twist of fate became one.

I thought the revelation was that the Master has always been the Master, but Josef Sardu was unlucky enough to be chosen by the Master as his new body.
IJones23
quote:
quote:

I thought the revelation was that the Master has always been the Master, but Josef Sardu was unlucky enough to be chosen by the Master as his new body.

This.
He's always been who he was, just in a different body.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This.
He's always been who he was, just in a different body.

Well said and agreed. Didn't think of it like that. I guess I should distinguish that Josef Sardu appeared to be a good guy (his kindness to children) but you are right the Master has always been the Master and unfortunately for Sardu, chose him as his next body.
IJones23
I like where the story line is headed this season. I could do without the kid, but I guess I can't expect perfection.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I like where the story line is headed this season. I could do without the kid, but I guess I can't expect perfection.
We are what three or four episodes in right? This season is already an improvement on the season, and the plot is actually moving along.
IJones23
That's right! The only real disappointment this season for me was the commandos going out like they did.
Phat32
AG
Now that the characters have developed a bit, this season is much better. Agree on the commandos. I like the backstories a lot.
IJones23
Bump for tonight's show. I just watch last weeks again and noticed the actress that plays Kelly looked different. Did they change her out too?
Phat32
AG
Kind of a tie-in episode
mid90
AG
Just watched the true detective season 2 finale.

I think I'll keep sticking with the strain, where my expectations are already low and I enjoy the show for what it is instead of getting catfished by hbo.
Counterpoint
AG
Why are the 'Spider kids' so different from other vamps just because they were blind?
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
quote:
Why are the 'Spider kids' so different from other vamps just because they were blind?
That was my assumption, yes.

Counterpoint
AG
Sorry, I worded that weirdly! I meant...why does their blindness give them so many more "powers" the other vamps don't have. I get the things related to sight though, that would totally make sense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.