Evel Kneivel biopic from Johnny Knoxville looks amazing

2,195 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/06/new-trailer-for-evil-knievel-documentary-being-evel.html

Trailer is great!
Mr. White
Who's going to play Gen X Davey?
israeliag
AG
More of a documentary, not a biopic.
Ag 11
AG
Looks good
Big Cat `93
Sex Panther
AG
Don't know much about him. Wonder what the "phony, con-man" stuff is about...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Don't know much about him. Wonder what the "phony, con-man" stuff is about...
Well, one thing about him that gets glossed over is that he severely beat a man with a baseball bat because the man wrote an unflattering book about him even though he and his lawyers had approved the book before it was released. He served only six months in jail and bragged the whole time to the press.

Oh, and he made the movie "Viva Kneivel", which is a horrible vanity project and soooooooo 1970's.
Muy
AG
As a kid in the 80's I (along with every other guy) was obsessed with Evel. Greatest toy I had was the crank-up Evel motorcycle. Ran in through dirt, messed up the gears, saddest day of my kid life.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
As a kid in the 80's I (along with every other guy) was obsessed with Evel. Greatest toy I had was the crank-up Evel motorcycle. Ran in through dirt, messed up the gears, saddest day of my kid life.
My Uncle gave me one that shot sparks out of the tail pipes for my 4th birthday... So much FUN!
Duncan Idaho
Had this bad boy when I was a kid
Muy
AG
That's it. I ruined mine the first week.
CapCityAg89
AG
Mine lasted a while. I found the bike (no Evel. No windup thing) in my parents storage unit when they died.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Had this bad boy when I was a kid

That crank was just the right height that if you weren't careful you'd take the skin off your knuckles when you'd crank that sucker on the sidewalk or driveway.
Jacques
http://kekbfm.com/remembering-the-greatest-toy-of-the-1970s-the-evel-knievel-stunt-cycle/

I had the bike. But who had the dragster? What the hell? How did I miss that and the rocket thing?
Jacques
quote:
Mine lasted a while. I found the bike (no Evel. No windup thing) in my parents storage unit when they died.
I had just the bike at one point too. For all I know it's still in what used to be my room at my parent's house.

The rest was sold in a garage sale. I don't know why I used to do it, but I was always doing that with stuff my parents made me sell--I'd go get an important piece while it was sitting out on a table and squirrel it away. I chose the bike on that one.
Cancelled
AG
I had the bike as well! Since my dad was military and we moved a lot, I didn't have many toys as a kid, but I had that! I just remember it doing a whole lot of flips. Ive got mixed emotions of tracking one down...I'm not sure it could live up to the nostalgia. For me I think it was my favorite toy.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

I had the CHiPs version of this, it was awesome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.