*****Big Brother 17 SPOILERS Thread*****

308,500 Views | 2268 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TJJackson
MSCAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#1 Dan / Will
#2 Derrick (played well but weak season)

After here I'm a little less sure.
Evel Dick
Janelle
Vanessa
Allison (season 3)
Kayser
Drew
tailgatetimer10
AG
Vanessa was awful bc every freak out was the same. Last season, Derrick was amazing at selling ideas to where the person essentially thought it was their own idea
aggied8
There are rumors that Vanessa voted for Liz because they had a deal to vote for the other and split the winnings depending on who won. That's really the only logical reason she would vote for her over Steve. Now, she of course would never admit that so we'll never really know. But seems plausible coming from the greatest game theorist, poker player and professional vitctim of all time...
tailgatetimer10
AG
Interesting, I thought compensation could not be used to influence house guest...
Sex Panther
AG
Wouldn't surprise me, I asked earlier in this thread what prevents them from doing that... And I could see Vanessa realizing she burned too many bridges to win, even against Liz who was clearly disliked by everyone that wasn't related to or banging her.
Bunk Moreland
I think there are serious legal implications for it and the whole "game show" thing. I could have sworn years back someone was walking around offering their luxury prize or something up to get taken off veto, but maybe that got squashed too.

If Vanessa and Liz made any deal like that, it'd have to be done under the table, after the show, and illegally.
Sex Panther
AG
Is there anyway to communicate without the producers knowing what you're saying? Do people ever write in diaries or make notes where someone else could read them?
Bunk Moreland
they don't allow pens and paper for that specific reason. BB tries to make it impossible to do hidden messages, etc.

Obviously there are times when replacing mic's etc where people can whisper really soft. Also, if you happen to be sleeping next to someone, under the covers with your mic off(you can take your mic off when you go to sleep) and if you can do it without bb noticing you and the person are awake...that would be the best time to get a message across as well.
Rule Number 32
AG
Vanessa has been doing that all summer long and BB only called her out on it once. She's been saying the last few weeks that whoever was good to her in the house, ie votes for her in the finale, would have a very good christmas. She has said that multiple times, along with a bunch of other insinuated bribes. They really need to cut that crap out.
MSCAg
AG
Funny thing is if that's true, there is nothing to stop Liz from telling Vanessa to suck and keeping the $50k.

The obviously didn't sign a contract, and Vanessa would probably lose the stipend and prizes she did win if she tried to complain to producers. As Bunk noted, there are Federal laws regarding game shows, so Vanessa would have no legal action and could in fact get in trouble for trying to break rules.

That said, I really do think Vanessa was just bitter and emotional (surprise) when she voted for Liz. She really did play the best game and its gotta be a ball breaker.

That also said, BB is pretty selective in how they follow rules. Evel Dick openly admitted to cheating, that when he won his HoH, the letter from his brother was actually coded (they worked on a coding scheme before the show) with information and advice on who Dick should target.
LHIOB
AG
If you are new to BB I highly suggest going back to watch old seasons. I joined the circus in S8 and had a blast going to back to older seasons and learning about the game. Dr Will is probably my favorite player. Unfortunately Chilltown led to a ton of dumbs alliance names.
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
If you are new to BB I highly suggest going back to watch old seasons. I joined the circus in S8 and had a blast going to back to older seasons and learning about the game. Dr Will is probably my favorite player. Unfortunately Chilltown led to a ton of dumbs alliance names.
Which older seasons would you suggest watching?
Bunk Moreland
season 2
season 3
season 4
season 6
season 7
season 8
season 10
season 11
season 12
season 14

edit: good call. I'm trying to just remember the top ones as I go.
MSCAg
AG
Dude, you can't leave out season 6 and Janelle/Howie/Kayser vs the Friendship.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Scamper Squad might be the worst name I can recall, it was awful!
LHIOB
AG
S2 and S6 are two of my favorites.
Scotch
AG
quote:

That was really the "Freaks and Geeks" alliance, but producers told them they had to come up with an alternate name.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

That was really the "Freaks and Geeks" alliance, but producers told them they had to come up with an alternate name.

Really? Why? Is Freaks and Geeks copyrighted by NBC or something?

Also it was hilarious that Liz and Julia didn't want to be called Freaks and Geeks
MSCAg
AG
I thought Steve suggested it but on his own said probably couldn't because of copy right.

Overall, the alliance naming thing has gotten stupid. Everybody is trying to be Chill Town or Brigade 2.0. I think the Friendship alliance is the all time dumbest name.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah. Chill Town started the run on names, and CBS production loves it so they push the HG's to come up with names.

The Renegades was solid for Memphis & Dan.

Enzo and his hilarity is really the only thing that kept me from making fun of the Brigade. He was so dead set on the perfect nickname. That was hilarious.
aggie98infl
AG
quote:
Really? Why? Is Freaks and Geeks copyrighted by NBC or something?

Probably. In season 15 they never showed anything about the "Goof Troop" alliance for that reason. I don't think they even asked them to change their name, they just ignored the entire alliance until they evicted Judd. I think that it's one of the reasons many people didn't appreciate Andy's game. A good chunk of his gameplay was completely ignored because if the alliance name.

This is the first season I've watched almost no feeds. It is hard to really judge the gameplay because the tv show will put it the narrative that they want, which often doesn't reflect what is truly going on in the house. I still enjoy the show, but it is a completely different experience without the feeds.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Yeah. Chill Town started the run on names, and CBS production loves it so they push the HG's to come up with names

With the advent of Twitter they probably think it's one of the most important parts of the game. #AustinsAngels
tailgatetimer10
AG
Maybe it's just me but I like the alliance names. Dumb or not, it's kinda big brother tradition now. Plus it helps keep track of who is involved with who
LHIOB
AG
I don't mind them naming the alliances, but the names are just so bad.

Chilltown Pop. 2 was a sweet shirt
AcctAg11
AG
quote:

I laughed everytime Steve mentioned it. It was truly a bad name. But it could also be because the show made it seem like it was only an alliance to appease Steve and to protect Austwins and Vanessa from him. I didn't watch the feeds, so that was the idea I got from what production put in the show.

Because of that, I was afraid that Steve was putting too much emphasis on his role in it during his arguments to the Jury.
jdls13
AG
What a great ending
easttexasaggie04
AG
Where can you go watch old seasons?
LHIOB
AG
I watched them on YouTube a few years ago. I think the new CBS app has them, and every show, for $5.99/month.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
Yeah. Chill Town started the run on names, and CBS production loves it so they push the HG's to come up with names.

The Renegades was solid for Memphis & Dan.

Enzo and his hilarity is really the only thing that kept me from making fun of the Brigade. He was so dead set on the perfect nickname. That was hilarious.
"You got the brains, the brawn, the animal, and the Meow Meow."
TJJackson
Watching season 2 for the second time. I forget how real these people felt, vs now you have models filling character roles. I love the raw and stripped down version of the game vs what we have now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.