***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

812,247 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hunter2012
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They always say it's never too early to start the next one...

I'll start by responding to this comment from the Season 5 spoilers thread
quote:
Really, really good episode, except setting up for:

SEASON SIX: THE SEARCH FOR DANY!

I say 5 episodes of "where's Dany" minimum.

Yikes. You're right. That'll give Tyrion time to prove his worth in Meerreen so that Dany will keep him once she returns. Meanwhile she will spend time trying to not be killed and trying to convince the Dothraki to support her. In the book she will at least have an attractive offer of letting them roll over the Yunkish army to collect some spoils. I wonder if either Jorah or Daario don't make it back alive. Maybe the greyscale comes into play. I have to think she begins her journey to Westeros by the end of the season though...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh it's a party now! One thread for all!
AustinAg2K
I would like a book to come out so I can spoil the show.
VoodooAg
AG
Too soon
Ol Jock 99
AG
Thanks for the shout out.

I LOVED the way her story ended in DoD. Eating horseflesh with her dragon. Hell, half the horde would declare for her on the spot. It was (most of) her old horde anyway.
Losman
AG
So how many chapters have been released so we can speculate on Season 6 and is it too late for Victarion???
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Too soon
not soon enough.
hunter2012
AG
I thought we were combining threads... I guess we need to keep up appearances so the show only peeps think we still have foresight.

Even death can't stop us from hoping right? GRRM surely cares about his fans:

Well on the bright side, they won't be able to keep it quiet if he's on set during shooting. They may try to say it's for his "funeral" scene, but we would all know the truth. Just call this a small prediction for shooting over this next year...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mid90
AG
Seriously though, you know your brothers of the night's watch hate your damn guts. Plus, you're surrounded by wildlings who also hate your damn guts.

HOW THE F DO YOU NOT HAVE YOUR SUPERNATURAL DIREWOLF WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.
hunter2012
AG
I thought they made it pretty clear that he was way too preoccupied with the white walkers to see the situation unravelling around him. That or he died like a classic Stark, trying to do the right thing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I know they'll make it there, but based on the sheer distance from the Wall to Oldtown, how long would it reasonably take Gilly, Sam, and baby makes three to get there? A year? And just strolling down the King's Road during the huge war, no big deal right?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I know they'll make it there, but based on the sheer distance from the Wall to Oldtown, how long would it reasonably take Gilly, Sam, and baby makes three to get there? A year? And just strolling down the King's Road during the huge war, no big deal right?

Well it took them a whole book, including getting stranded at Bravos, but it's the show so they'll be there first episode.

Think about it, Mel made it back from Winterfell in a single episode and tyrion made it to Mereen in less than a season. I think the show creators realize they can have the characters travel all sorts of insane distances with nobody questioning it. They might have them visit Bravos like the books but we'll see.
Deputy Travis Junior
If Jon is revived, I guess he's free of his Night's Watch oath. He wouldn't even need a particularly good attorney to argue that his watch was officially ended upon his first death.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
If Jon is revived, I guess he's free of his Night's Watch oath. He wouldn't even need a particularly good attorney to argue that his watch was officially ended upon his first death.

Yep, I think they'll do the whole, " and now his watch is ended" spiel only for them to watch him walk out of the funeral pyre... though he burned his hand in season 1 so I'm not sure if he's immune like Dany. Maybe he had to die first?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I thought we were combining threads... I guess we need to keep up appearances so the show only peeps think we still have foresight.
I figure that some still won't want to hear "well in the book" or be included in conversations based on theories that really rely more on book material than the little they give us in the show. Plus, we should all hope that book 6 is released before season 6.....

Oh and ef having to explain everything to the non-readers.
Texas Tide
AG
Man everyone is gonna be pissed when Stannis is AA and Mel tries to resurrect Jon but Stannis wakes up in a field outside Winterfell
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Page Ein
Farmer1906
AG
With Varys across the world does he still kill Pycelle & Kevan? Or does someone else take that role?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep, I think they'll do the whole, " and now his watch is ended" spiel only for them to watch him walk out of the funeral pyre... though he burned his hand in season 1 so I'm not sure if he's immune like Dany. Maybe he had to die first?
Would work with R+L=J
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
With Varys across the world does he still kill Pycelle & Kevan? Or does someone else take that role?

LF? Ceirsie? Olynna?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cersei/Qyburn makes the most sense, especially if Kevan is determined to send her back to Casterly Rock. Gives her more weight as the villain of the show in KL. Really hope for a scene where Dany shows up on Drogon in KL in front of Cersei, and Tyrion comes strolling up with her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Really hope for a scene where Dany shows up on Drogon in KL in front of Cersei, and Tyrion comes strolling up with her.
Heh, that'll be great. And Varys being with them wouldn't help.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

immunity has nothing to do with it...that would be if you are alive and want to step into a fire.

he's dead and will be raised by magic....doesn't have to be immune. doesn't have to even be the same form when arisen.

and Dany is NOT immune to fire either...GRRM has said repeatedly that was a miracle, a one time type thing (unless he is being misleading of course and it's a two time type thing).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Really hope for a scene where Dany shows up on Drogon in KL in front of Cersei, and Tyrion comes strolling up with her.
Heh, that'll be great. And Varys being with them wouldn't help.
She rides in and lands and all you see is her....and then Tyrion slips off the back cuz he was behind her - lol.

TADA!!!!
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Cersei/Qyburn makes the most sense, especially if Kevan is determined to send her back to Casterly Rock. Gives her more weight as the villain of the show in KL. Really hope for a scene where Dany shows up on Drogon in KL in front of Cersei, and Tyrion comes strolling up with her.
I agree that this would fit into the current state of the show. It would also further Cersei's direct involvement in the downfall of her house. What an idiot.
The Dog Lord
AG
I wanted to go ahead and re-post some of the casting information from season 6 that others have already posted on the Season 5 thread:

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/
Farmer1906
AG
Sounds like we're finally getting more about the Greyjoys. That was a huge portion being cut out.

Now they just need to introduce Stoneheart, young Grif, & The Donish kids.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They really should leave LSH out.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
They really should leave LSH out.

Why do you say that?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
LSH is not gonna happen. Would take too much eye-rolling exposition and a lot of "where the heck have you been for the last 2 seasons?".

It is interesting that they are bringing in Septon Meribold which means we might potentially get a return of the Hound.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There are much better characters and storylines to focus on, imo.

Sansa, for one. Maybe not a beloved character but I am intrigued to see what she does now. If you're gonna give the Starks any taste of vengeance, I say give it to Sansa.
The Dog Lord
AG
I just wonder if LSH would be too many people "coming back." Jon (likely) is coming back, the Hound (likely) is coming back, and the Mountain has already come back.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
There are much better characters and storylines to focus on, imo.

Sansa, for one. Maybe not a beloved character but I am intrigued to see what she does now. If you're gonna give the Starks any taste of vengeance, I say give it to Sansa.
Have you read the books? Its hard to really comment on what a character is without reading it.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I just wonder if LSH would be too many people "coming back." Jon (likely) is coming back, the Hound (likely) is coming back, and the Mountain has already come back.
Is doesn't seem like too many to me since that is how the books handle it. I realize she is most likely not ever coming back on the show, but LSH looks to be forcing Brienne's hand to kill Jamie. That's a pretty big deal. It has a far smaller impact if its some random bad guy hanging Pod is making Brienne go kill Jamie.
Last Page
Page 1 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.