Who is going to see Jurassic World??

54,470 Views | 508 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Collective
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am going Saturday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Either tomorrow or Saturday. IMAX 3D.
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
Either tomorrow or Saturday. IMAX 3D.

I was trying to decide on this.

I think I will just go for the normal version first then go back if the IMAX has positive review from you and others. I have never been too big on it. Depends on the movie.
Sex Panther
AG
My guess is a lot of people
BigRobSA
quote:
My guess is a lot of people
I'm going to probably see it tonight. One of the very few good things about living in BFE Iowa....even on opening days for "blockbusters", easy to get in to see them.

As for the movie...who wouldn't want to see Star Lord kick dinosaur ass?!
gigemags-99
AG
In!
Bruce Almighty
AG
tonight
wangus12
AG
Tongiht
Saxsoon
AG
Tonight. Reviews have been surprisingly solid
AMW2010
AG
I think genre is a thread that begs to ask that same question op, but I could be wrong...
Post removed:
by user
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tomorrow 2-D
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
reviews were wrong. got a solid MEH from me.

Reviews aren't wrong, they are opinions
Post removed:
by user
JABQ04
AG
In Line now for the 10 pm showing
gougler08
AG
Heading to see it tomorrow
Ragoo
AG
Just saw it. Great movie. Will not disappoint.
Post removed:
by user
Gerald Tarrant
Seeing it this weekend in 2D
Tobias Funke
AG
Great flick
Noblemen06
AG
Goriest JP yet...lots of action, lots of jokes (hit and miss), and plenty of references to the classic original. Not a great movie on its own, but a worthwhile sequel that surpasses the others in the JP series easily. Worth seeing in theaters.
Phat32
AG
Great
Philip J Fry
AG
Just got out. Pratt is great. The rest is meh. I had two primary thoughts while watching the movie:

1: get a *********haircut
2: how the **** can you be so stupid?

Can't say its a very suspenseful movie, but I did laugh quite a bit. Altogether I enjoyed date night with the wife, but we won't be seeing it twice. I'd give it 2.75 wing wangs out of 4.
coolerguy12
AG
Worth seeing but I overhyped it for myself and was let down. Dialogue is weak and it was very predictable.
jdls13
AG
It was predictable and pretty cheesy at times. I didn't really care much for the main kids. But the action scenes were awesome. Overall I enjoyed it.
Philip J Fry
AG
I disagree about it being gory. All the blood in this movie can't hold a candle to the Newman scene in the original.
scubasteve304
AG
I guess I successfully tempered my expectations cause I LOVED IT. Thought it was freaking FANTASTIC. Had just the right amount of Pratt being Pratt (and yes at this point he's just playing himself/starlord but hes so damn funny and charming). The action sets were well done and thrilling, especially the finale, and all the nods and connections to the original made me super happy. Add some more modern movie flair (first person POV raptor shots were sweet), cheesy but stupid fun stuff like the raptor squad and Bryce Dallas Howard looking smoking and I thought it was a winner. I for sure still had some mouth open wow this is awesome moments and the crowed cheered and clapped at the end. Of course it was opening night and like every third person I saw walk out of the theater after me had a dinosaur shirt on so there was definitely a fanboy factor.

Cons: Dinosaurs do look too CGI 70% of the time. Some plot holes / contrivances (why would you not do this at a park? etc) and obviously you're not gonna match Spielberg in awe quality or chaos theory/man playing God philosophy but I didn't think it was a dumb script.

tldr JW kicked ass. 4 out of 5 stars. 4.5 if you were a 9 year old obsessive in 1993 with the JP backpack and lunchbox and wore out the VHS, 3.5 if you weren't.
Justin2010
AG
I just got out as well.

I'd say I enjoyed it for the most part, but after leaving the theater, I can't help but feel a little "meh".

I've been trying to put my finger on what exactly left me so blah about it, and I think what I've decided is that they showed way, way too much in trailers and teasers. I know it's as much my fault as theirs for drinking those teasers in. But I think subconsciously, I was hoping there'd be at least a couple unexpected storylines/twists that would keep me on my toes.

Nada. The trailers are basically the entire movie.

I SO wish I could go back, undo seeing the trailers, and then just watch and enjoy.

Or better yet, they'd keep the trailers confined to "The Park is Open" and just show the characters enjoying the rides, with maybe just a tiny hint of the plot.

heddleston
AG
whats the 3D verdict? No IMAX where im at, so my options are regular 3D or 2D.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Goriest JP yet...lots of action, lots of jokes (hit and miss), and plenty of references to the classic original. Not a great movie on its own, but a worthwhile sequel that surpasses the others in the JP series easily. Worth seeing in theaters.
Agree. JP plus this JW and forget the other 2 exist and it would be a great original + sequel.
Silky Johnston
I enjoyed the movie. My only remark is no way facking way that Jeep would ever start.
Post removed:
by user
Noblemen06
AG
quote:
Nada. The trailers are basically the entire movie.

I SO wish I could go back, undo seeing the trailers, and then just watch and enjoy.

Or better yet, they'd keep the trailers confined to "The Park is Open" and just show the characters enjoying the rides, with maybe just a tiny hint of the plot.

I deliberately avoided a lot of the prerelease hype because I knew this would've been me, too. When universal went on a clip release-fest a month out from opening day, we all should have know that was gonna ruin part of the fun. I don't understand movie marketing anymore. Everything is in long-ass trailers and multiple clips before the movie is ever released. There was a trailer for some war dog movie before JW that literally showed every facet of the plot...I already know that the marine who died on deployment has a friend that turns into the bad guy and the marine's little brother has to fight back with his brother's K-9 (and surely wins). Just saved 10 bucks.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
How is saying that I want it *****ing?
your comment earlier in the thread giving it a "MEH" and then nit picking a subtle nuance like"hardee har har those would never have held a charge" seemed like b/tching. my mistake if it was not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.