WTF they are remaking EVERYTHING

7,314 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Because people go and see em.

Look at the mad max thread. Everyone is going ga ga over it. Why not make another movie under a different name?
Post removed:
by user
Sex Panther
AG
It actually looks cooler than I imagined when I first heard about it, but it's just trying to capitalize on The Fast And Furious phenomenon... which is ironic since that is essentially a remake of the original Point Break.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Bruce Almighty
AG
You're out of the loop. This is like the third thread on this.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
im not really complaining, was just very surprised. I had not heard anything about it and it looks like its almost in post production. come on TC, i rely on you to post about trailers hahaha.

It's made the rounds on here a few times. I think originally it was supposed to have Gerard Butler as Bodhi.

And when I first heard about it I was very much in the "what the ****!?" category, as I think the original is incredible.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'm not willing to say "everything" until Fox delivers on the remake of Greatest American Hero.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Still waiting on Road House
marble rye
AG
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Breakfast Club

The day I see these redone will be the day this nation sees war upon its own lands.

Ok not really but I will be super mad.
VanZandt92
See the franchise threads / articles from a few months back. Less risk more money. it makes everything much more average.
AggieLitigator
Swayze is rolling right now...
Mr.Bond
AG
I feel like they remade point break 15 years ago and called it the fast and furious
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I feel like they remade point break 15 years ago and called it the fast and furious
Fast and Furious 8 should be a remake of the first F&F.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Back to the Future
dave94
AG
"I believe that like me, the people behind these robberies are extreme athletes."

This is gonna be terrible!
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
There are some rockhead mouthbreathing citizens in this country that go to movies.

I know - had couple of them sitting behind me during Avengers Ultron movie. Couple in 30s to 40s, overweight, flippy-floppy wearing hillbillies.

Wife gut-busting laughs during the entire movie, like she was waiting for the next slightly humorous scene to confirm her enjoyment of the movie.

Husband, during one of the high tech computer interface-interaction scenes (of a fuggin superhero movie), with this gem, "UNREAL!!!!"

That's why I now have to weigh pros-cons of going to see a blockbuster movie on the big screen and enjoying it for what it is, with the exposure to mouthbreathers, clappers, vocal interaction, etc.. versus enjoying it at home. (Yeah I know -- "great to hang out with," but I am )

I can always count on a nice theater experience for dramas, suspense/thrillers (cerebral - not slasher), and dark comedies. Otherwise, it's Russian roulette.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
"I believe that like me, the people behind these robberies are extreme athletes."

This is gonna be terrible!

That was so amazing
TCTTS
AG
quote:
im not really complaining, was just very surprised. I had not heard anything about it and it looks like its almost in post production. come on TC, i rely on you to post about trailers hahaha.

http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers
PatAg
AG
Why is it even called Point Break anymore? They aren't surfers....
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Of course I will still most likely see it

That's why they make them. Don't complain about them while you're standing in line to see them. You're the problem, if you consider them a problem.

And a remake is different than a sequel. Well made sequels like Mad Max Fury Road may contain the same character, but its a new chapter in the story with a new plot, etc. Fury Road was so well made it can stand on its own, apart from its predecessors, as a great film.

Oh, and I hate the fact that ever since the movie Taken, when a movie wants to describe someone as a badass they apparently have to say they have a "unique skill set". From the cliched ancient proverb that opens the trailer, to the bad acting and cheesy lines, this movie seems like the typical, unoriginal action movie that Hollywood is putting out these days for the Fast and Furious crowd.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
quote:
Why is it even called Point Break anymore? They aren't surfers....

So the film can draw in that crowd of middle age, former badasses and brosephs that peaked in their awesomeness around the time the original came out.

. . . Hey, they should advertise the film on some of the Texags forums!
LeFraud
Well they actually managed to find someone as bad as Keanu, if not worse.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Well they actually managed to find someone as bad as Keanu, if not worse.

Yeah. He also shares the trait of saying his lines like he is reading them.

Paul Walker was good at that as well.
BigRobSA
That looks HORRIBLE.

Sharknado looks like Gone with the Wind, comparatively.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Keanu and Paul
Gigem314
AG
quote:
Still waiting on Road House
They'll probably cast Channing Tatum for that one.
jeffk
AG
quote:
That looks HORRIBLE.

Sharknado looks like Gone with the Wind, comparatively.

Gone with the Sharknado?!?!?!
chipotle
Original Point Break trailer:

wow
jeffk
AG
HalifaxAg
AG
Shameless I know, but the trailer for the new Vacation movie got a few chuckles outta me.

The sad part is no one has any creativity anymore and no movie studio wants to take chances on $500M flops.

Expect more of the same, well, forever.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Movie studios have been making reboots, remakes and sequels since the 1930s. Hollywood isn't original anymore is such a tired and inaccurate statement.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m031blzLJI1qi1k5vo2_r1_500.gif

Yes
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.