just saw U2 both shows in Phoenix

1,048 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by PLUM LOCO
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And if you're even the least bit of a fan - go see this show! I've seen every tour since '85 and without ranking them - this is near the top, maybe just outside top 5.
Won't spoil the setlists - they are posted everywhere on line but they play 6 new songs - most sound incredible live - Song For Someone, The Miracle, Every Breaking Wave.
Bono wasn't too preachy - other than gay marriage vote that passed in Ireland. Voice was fantastic. Whole band very energetic both nights.
Set has a couple scripted parts that are choreographed with the screen that won't change - and have to be seen - amazing creativity and technology puts the band literally in the screen. Can't see if you're on the rail or directly in front of the stage.
Watching them play "Invisible" was crazy good!
Other sections of the show are changing up quite a bit from show to show.
There's a b Stage but there are really 3 stages - main, catwalk, and b or "e"stage"
Several classics that they hadn't played in a couple of tours and nice new versions of Sunday Bloody Sunday and Even Better.
They won't be in Texas till 2016, and it may be in stadiums by then, so this is a great way to see them up close.
If you are going or thinking about it - post and I can give some tips if you're gonna go GA - on line procedures and where to watch - so much stage covers the floor most spots are close up.

In before the "Bono is a dbag, U2 is overrated no talent ass clown" posts
SeattleAgJr
quote:
In before the "Bono is a dbag, U2 is overrated no talent ass clown" posts
Bono IS a dbag, and U2, while definitely not overrated, are no longer surprising or engaging in their music or lyrics. As for their shows, while the BAND is technically proficient and engaging, it is sad they have to deploy such elaborate stage sets and not just let their natural talents sell the show.
But good on you. That you would pay to see them. Twice. In a single weekend.
jeffk
AG
Jealous. Wish they were coming through Texas this time around.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Never been to see them live but would love to. I seem to really like about half their stuff. Mostly older stuff though.
Joan Wilder
AG
We are going to NYC to see them at MSG in July. Can't wait. i saw them at the meadowlands on the last tour and it was the best concert I've ever seen. I went with a guy who wasn't a big U2 fan and he turned to me halfway through and said, "I have never been to a show where the entire crowd is THIS into a band and every song and the band is THIS into their fans. This is awesome"

They are a phenomenal live band
PLUM LOCO
AG
Saw them in Austin in '85 and it is definitely in my Top 5 concerts. It was before the over produced props and stage. Very moving show.

May have to give them a look see if they show up in Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.