Texas Rising

16,933 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Agnzona
Oh no, we suck again?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The History Channel has done well recently with mini series and this one looks great as well. Hope it lives up to the hype.
SteadicaTm
AG
Can't go wrong with Bill Paxton. Also worked with Trevor Donovan on a couple TV movies and he is a pretty solid actor.
Aggies76
AG
Looking forward to this.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
The butthurt comments on THC's facebook posts about this are good for some good laughs.
TXAG 05
AG
I'm excited for this, just hope they don't "Hollywood" it up too much like they did with Sons of Liberty.
Knife_Party
Loved Paxton in Twister.
dmart90
AG
The previews for it at the movie theater yesterday looked pretty solid.
The Collective
AG
Hope it is better than the sons of liberty mini-series.
Al Bula
AG
Can't wait to see Bill Paxton say this to Santa Anna:

p_bubel
I'm expecting some "liberties taken" with the accuracy but I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it if it's entertaining and done well.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Brindian Fraser
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I'm expecting some "liberties taken" with the accuracy but I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it if it's entertaining and done well.
Sam Houston defeats the Mexicans by attacking them with the Battleship Texas at San Jacinto.

The Yellow Rose of Texas is Chris Colfer from Glee - Santa Ana is bi-curious.

The Texans lace the Alamo with explosives, then lure the Mexican army in. Slo-mo scene of Travis, Crockett and Bowie walking away from it as it goes up in flames.

Back story told in flashbacks of how Houston and Santa Ana were actually BFF in high school but went their separate ways.

Instead of a coonskin cap, Davey Crockett wears a do-rag, and is played by Kevin Hart.

The Massacre at Goliad is actually a friendly soccer match played by the respective armies that Team Mexico wins 11-0.

The first Texas presidential election ends a tie, and Sam Houston wins a dunk contest in place of a run-off.

Anytime Sam Houston asks his mentor Andrew Jackson )for help, he replies that the situation calls for "A little less talk, a lot more Jackson."
bigbass1170
AG
Ready for this
512Ag
AG
Nicely done, MuckRaker96. Nicely done.
aggiedrew08
AG
DVR set to record
TennAg
the French mobster from swat is pretty good
H6RBW
AG
quote:
The Texans lace the Alamo with explosives, then lure the Mexican army in. Slo-mo scene of Travis, Crockett and Bowie walking away from it as it goes up in flames.
aggie93
AG
quote:
quote:
Sam Houston defeats the Mexicans by attacking them with the Battleship Texas at San Jacinto.

The Yellow Rose of Texas is Chris Colfer from Glee - Santa Ana is bi-curious.

Back story told in flashbacks of how Houston and Santa Ana were actually BFF in high school but went their separate ways.

Instead of a coonskin cap, Davey Crockett wears a do-rag, and is played by Kevin Hart.

The Massacre at Goliad is actually a friendly soccer match played by the respective armies that Team Mexico wins 11-0.

The first Texas presidential election ends a tie, and Sam Houston wins a dunk contest in place of a run-off.

Anytime Sam Houston asks his mentor Andrew Jackson )for help, he replies that the situation calls for "A little less talk, a lot more Jackson."
Good start but needs more PC. Need some racism, sexism, and of course some mistreated Native Americans.
Texaggie7nine
Some notable appearances in this.

Ray Liotta
Jeff Fahey
Jeremy Davies
Crispin Glover
Brendan Fraser
Kris Kristofferson
Thomas Jane
Christopher McDonald
7nine
Bruce Almighty
AG
Getting awful reviews from the critics.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
^ well then it must be awesome
bigbass1170
AG
Sounds like a bunch of Texas haters. **** em
Sex Panther
AG
It may not be good, but anything called, "Texas Rising" is gonna get bashed by anyone who isn't from Texas.
BMX Bandit
quote:
"A little less talk, a lot more Jackson."
LawHall88
AG
quote:
I'm excited for this, just hope they don't "Hollywood" it up too much like they did with Sons of Liberty.

Like a King of the Hill episode:

quote:
Episode 166 "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Alamo" - Hank tries to teach Bobby about the Alamo after discovering that the new history textbooks in school contain pop history and things get worse when Hank's plans for an Alamo play include a director who wants to portray the American force as a bunch of drunken, doped-up, slave-owning, prostitute-loving cowards.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Some notable appearances in this.

Ray Liotta
Jeff Fahey
Jeremy Davies
Crispin Glover
Brendan Fraser
Kris Kristofferson
Thomas Jane
Christopher McDonald

Basically I read that as Henry Hill, the Lawnmower Man, Corporal Upham, George McFly, Link from Encino Man, The crusty dude from Blade, the Punisher and Shooter McGavin all fight for Texas independence.
Texaggie7nine
Or Shoeless Joe Jackson

I like George McFly fighting for Texas though.

"Hey, you... You get your damn hands off Tejas Santa Anna!"
7nine
Goose83
AG
I didn't know until watching the previews that apparently the topography of Central and East Texas during the Revolution was an arid region characterized by rock outcroppings and large mountains. I guess the Mexican Army must have blown all that up before they returned to Mexico.
Goose83
AG
Although I'm not a fan of the rag, I thought the opening line of the New York Times review of Texas Rising was pretty funny:

"A lot of the heroes of the Texas Revolution died at the Alamo, including, apparently, most of the interesting ones."
Belton Ag
AG
Watching this now... Man the landscape around Gonzalez looked different in 1836. Back then it was mountainous, and apparently adjacent to a massive canyon.
McGregor
AG
It's like they're not even trying. I know they filmed it in Mexico, but it looks like they moved Gonzalez to Arizona. Everyone wants it to be a western. Just another image of the perpetual Texas stereotype.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
I didn't know until watching the previews that apparently the topography of Central and East Texas during the Revolution was an arid region characterized by rock outcroppings and large mountains. I guess the Mexican Army must have blown all that up before they returned to Mexico.

Well, you have to understand this was before the developers came through, flattened the mountains and planted pine trees in every yard of their master planned communities.
jja79
AG
Being a native of the Trans-Pecos I assumed they'd use a stereotypical landscape. Nothing against Gonzalez but it looks more like Mississippi than what people expect in Texas.
Wildmen06
AG
So whose this guy who "escaped" the Alamo supposed to be???
Texaggie7nine
Well the storm stopped my DVR.
7nine
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.