SuperGirl First Look (Trailer)

4,925 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Madmarttigan
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailer

It's about 6 minutes long, and I think it's mostly a trailer for the pilot.

Thoughts?

CBS has already picked up a full season. Same studio that did Flash and Arrow
swimmerbabe11
The Devil Wears Prada meets Smallville
Quad Dog
AG
The first few minutes reminded me of this SNL skit from a few week ago.

FTACO97
AG
First few minutes were kinda cheesy, but it hit it's stride in the last few. I'm actually really excited for it. This is what Smallville should have been in the last few seasons. I like that they're getting right into her becoming SuperGirl and saving people/fighting bad guys.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
First few minutes were kinda cheesy, but it hit it's stride in the last few. I'm actually really excited for it. This is what Smallville should have been in the last few seasons. I like that they're getting right into her becoming SuperGirl and saving people/fighting bad guys.

I think they are finding the formula of exploring powers, personal connetions, and a small "team" to be working a la Flash and Arrow.

I would also be kinda stoked if we got a Tom Welling cameo
Dro07
AG
why couldn't this have been on the CW? That way arrow and flash could have had screen time with SG.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The Devil Wears Prada meets Smallville
Definitely had the later seasons of Smallville vibe to it IMO.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
why couldn't this have been on the CW? That way arrow and flash could have had screen time with SG.

CBS owns the CW. That's still possible, I believe.
Dro07
AG
I had forgot about that! There is hope
CoolaidWade
AG
That is totally a CW show. After getting hooked on The Flash that is a good thing. Hopefully it won't be a 20+ episode season like the CW. I love the flash but they really need to downgrade to a 10-14 episode season.

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
It actually looks somewhat interesting. I may or may not. We'll see.
BigBrother
AG
The best part about that link is it took me to the preview for Limitless. That actually looked pretty good.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The best part about that link is it took me to the preview for Limitless. That actually looked pretty good.

Which will also have a show based on it I believe.
Trident 88
AG
Is sure to include many lame moments and dialogue.

She has very nice legs.

I'm in.
lunchbox
Just like Flash....let's tell everyone who I am....
jeffk
AG
Jimmy Olson is BLACK!?!?!?!
Vander
AG
http://i.imgur.com/0pBdPr4.gifv

If only she would wear this costume...
AliasMan02
AG
I'm in. They'd be insane not to eventually cross this (and Titans) with the Arrowverse.
Dr. Horrible
I don't see how they'll get away without having supes show up, especially since they reference him so much...
AgMarauder04
AG
That trailer is probably 100% the pilot. I'm sure the references will fade.
YouBet
AG
quote:
I don't see how they'll get away without having supes show up, especially since they reference him so much...
What's the over/under on having Brandon Routh as Atom make a Superman joke when he has his eventual cameo on this show?

I will watch this but only because I got sucked into The Flash and Arrow. I have a feeling I"m going to get burned out on all of the Superhero stuff though. 3 of the 4 shows I'm currently watching are that.
AliasMan02
AG
I agree, but WB has a ban on including Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman on luve action TV. Because... strategy? I really don't understand it.
AgPediRPh
AG
Looks exactly like the SNL skit. But I give props to the show for using the term "light years" correctly.
West Texan
AG
So according to imdb, Dean Cain will play Fred Danvers. I find that amusing.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
So according to imdb, Dean Cain will play Fred Danvers. I find that amusing.

DC has done a great job of honoring the past and passing the torch in their TV shows.
redline248
AG
hmm...I guess I'll give it a try
AgMarauder04
AG
The pilot has leaked online...

Looks ok. I'm not into it as much as I was hoping, and I don't think it's as good as the FLash or Arrow, but I'll give it a shot. I think I'm just a little unsure of the lead.
KeithDB
AG
I smell . . . failure.
DCC99
AG
Dang, Allie McBeal needs to eat a sammich or 3.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
She's always been rail thin
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
She's always been rail thin
Do you think Harrison Ford says "come on baby, hold together" when they are getting freaky.

Plus, I wonder if she has even dressed up in the Leia outfit for him...
jabberwalkie09
AG
The pilot reminds me more of Flash than Arrow. One thing that I noticed was that all the actors seems to like to inhale and exhale deeply, a lot.
SeattleAgJr
Watched the pilot, and I am sure this is not meant for me.

It is not bad, but I am just not interested in her as a character and her particular struggles.

The FX in the trailer were OK, but my biggest gripe is the sense of motion when she is taking off or landing, as well as the fight with the bad dude in the latter half of the show.

The physics are just bad - no sense of weight to her when taking off/landing, acceleration/deceleration, and the lack of movement in her hair when going up/down really bugged me. Picky, I admit, but it impacts the illusion. At least with the Flash, a lot of those issues are covered up with the blur and lightning effects.... Plus Barry does little hops and slides when coming out of a run that address the physics somewhat.
YouBet
AG
This is a superhero show meant for girls which is fine. Doubt I'll be watching.

Also thought it was funny that Ally McBeal referred to herself as hot meanwhile she has no eyebrows and looks like some kind of alien.
Knife_Party
Watched the pilot. That was really hokey. Something is incongruent about the lead. I would rather have had Ally McBeal's character's personality as the super hero. At least her being commanding and also a woman was believable. The way the lead is portrayed was not.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.