Chef's Table - pleasantly surprised

1,164 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Professor Frick
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you haven't heard of this, 'Chef's Table' is a Netflix original 6-episode series in the format of an autobiographical documentary that showcases the lives of some of the world's greatest chefs.

I wasn't sure what to expect before watching this - mostly the thought I would see some fancy food being prepared and eaten. And there is some of that, but what I found was much, much more.

The 'meat' of the show is less about food and more about life. About the lessons learned and the philosophy of these people that helped them become successful.

On top of that the production quality is excellent and filmed in some pretty nice locations.

Give it a try when you are in the mood for something slower and more reflective, I think you'll like it.
schmendeler
AG
http://texags.com/forums/67/topics/2618287
Vernada
AG
Really enjoyed S1. Great show.

I just saw that season 2 is up on Netflix now.
Professor Frick
AG
Beautifully photographed show. First episode of te new season with Grant Atchatz was really compelling. He is so close to being the height of pretentious, but the show highlights his unique struggles in an interesting way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.