can someone verify there is NO after credits AoU scene?

4,459 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AliasMan02
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there is one in front of the credits, but none at the end, right?
mtp2007
AG
Right.
The Debt
Correct. Sat through an additional 10 mins of names and dogcatchers for the theater lights to turn on.
boboguitar
AG
Umm, there was a shot of thanos of what I saw.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Correct. Sat through an additional 10 mins of names and dogcatchers for the theater lights to turn on.

Joss publicly said multiple times that there would not be a post credits scene and wanted people to know so they wouldn't be pissed if they stayed for no reason. There is a mid-credits scene with Thanos.
toucan82
any place to watch it online? I had to pee
ScottH_01
AG
Infinity gauntlet, thanos... it'll be on YouTube before long, but you didn't really miss anything.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Spoiler:

Thanos puts on a glove sans gems and says 'fine, I'll do it myself'
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Joss publicly said multiple times that there would not be a post credits scene and wanted people to know so they wouldn't be pissed if they stayed for no reason. There is a mid-credits scene with Thanos.

I'm sorry I don't follow the sixhead on twatter
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sorry I don't follow the sixhead on twatter

There were multiple articles that mentioned it and I know several were posted on the AoS thread on here. That's how I found them.
AliasMan02
AG
Ftr, I had read that there was no post-credits scene. I just didn't 100% believe him.
schmendeler
AG
Just use Google. Search for age of ultron stinger when the credits start rolling. Or before the movie starts.
ro828
I thought it was a Constitutional Amendment that any movie from the Marvel universe had to have a scene after the closing credits.
swimmerbabe11
They should have had a two second bit of Rocket Raccoon telling everyone to leave "GO ON! GET OUT OF HERE!"
PrincessButtercup
AG
Our whole theatre stayed and was majorly bummed nothing happened after so.many.credits.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Our whole theatre stayed and was majorly bummed nothing happened after so.many.credits.

Ouch, I saw it yesterday and the whole theater cleared out after the mid-credits scene with Thanos. Guess most people had heard by then.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I think it's funny there were ten movie workers there waiting to clean. I'm sure they knew there was nothing. Why didn't they tell us?!? Some people just like to watch the world burn.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:

Spoiler:

I didn't understand that. Was Ultron or anyone else in this movie supposed to be collecting the Infinity Stones for Thanos?

If anything, shouldn't that scene been at the end of GOTG?
Sex Panther
AG
They should've had something irreverent and meta. Like Ultron arguing with someone on Reddit about himself, and getting really pissy.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Spoiler:

I didn't understand that. Was Ultron or anyone else in this movie supposed to be collecting the Infinity Stones for Thanos?

If anything, shouldn't that scene been at the end of GOTG?
well, he was the one that gave the scepter to Loki. I'm sure he knew that the mind gem was in it, and that it was "thinking." Plan A was to give Loki the scepter and get the Tesseract and the Scepter back.

I would imagine that he was aware of Hydra's experimentation and had hoped they would wipe themselves (and all humanity out). That would be plan B. (Had he been successful in getting the Aether and the Power Gem, he would have been able to easily overpower Ultron.

Also, we don't know when GoTG takes place in relation to Ultron. Much like IM2, Thor, and Hulk all taking place at the same time. GoTG could have taken place during/before/or after. If GoTG took place at or around the same time, then him saying "Fine, i'll do it myself," could have happened right after Ronin cut off communications with him.

So, why not show this teaser after GoTG? It didn't make sense at the time. It was too soon, we didn't know what was going to happen in Ultron. Ultron is essentially the cap to phase 2 (not sure if Ant-man is phase 2.5 or 3). Phase 3 leads to the Infinity War, so it makes sense to cap it with Thanos taking matters into his own hands.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
They should've had something irreverent and meta. Like Ultron arguing with someone on Reddit about himself, and getting really pissy.

Good lord email this to Joss asap. That would be perfection.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

Good lord email this to Joss asap. That would be perfection.
Uh, Tony...."WARMACHINEROX" (all caps) just called Ultron a p***y on reddit. Better tell him to suit up.

Hey. watch the language.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
That would have been great but then it would have been something that happened prior to Vision as Vision wiped him and blocked him from the internet during the final big battle.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
That would have been great but then it would have been something that happened prior to Vision as Vision wiped him and blocked him from the internet during the final big battle.

MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Ftr, I had read that there was no post-credits scene. I just didn't 100% believe him.
I read other on that thread that didn't believe him. Why on Earth would he tell you to go ahead and leave and miss something like that? I can understand saying there is one and not having one, and then folks would be pissed. But to say there's not one if there is makes zero sense.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
I read other on that thread that didn't believe him. Why on Earth would he tell you to go ahead and leave and miss something like that? I can understand saying there is one and not having one, and then folks would be pissed. But to say there's not one if there is makes zero sense.

Rationally, I agree with you. But I would have kicked myself if I left early, so I had to remove all doubt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.