Trailer for Cowboys vs Dinosaurs

16,137 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SteadicaTm
SteadicaTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
SteadicaTm, how do you fund your projects? Is it through a particular production company that sells distribution rights/etc on the back end, or is it project specific? I wouldn't mind looking at an opportunity to participate if available. Sounds like a dependable business model.
Funding comes from lots of different places. If it is a SyFy or Lifetime original they will pay for it. Production companies sometimes will fund their own projects. A show I did last year had one guy who cut a check for $500K and the last show I did had four investors who put in $50K each.

I am always looking for investors. Quite a few people on here already are throwing down. boobsandsharks@gmail.com
MW03
AG
quote:
The Sharks have to be Bull Sharks.... IIRC they can live in fresh water.

You need to have a old crusty fisherman character similar to "Quint" from Jaws. TexAgs is full of these kinds of people.
Dude, can you please have the crusty old fisherman names "Squint" and his bit is that he's too blind to see all the hot girls running around topless?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:
The Sharks have to be Bull Sharks.... IIRC they can live in fresh water.

You need to have a old crusty fisherman character similar to "Quint" from Jaws. TexAgs is full of these kinds of people.
Dude, can you please have the crusty old fisherman names "Squint" and his bit is that he's too blind to see all the hot girls running around topless?

Played by Eric Roberts of course
Texags is garbage
I totally want to be an extra.
cuppycup
AG
How do I quit everything else to help you think up movie ideas as a career?
MW03
AG
I assume you're going to be putting Dinosaurs or Sharks in Space with big boobs, so I thought you might appreciate this...

NASA Posts a Huge Library of Space Sounds, And You're Free To Use Them
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
I love TexAgs so much
thaed137
AG
Email sent!
East Dallas Ag
AG
Soooo...new concept based off tonight's events...Tigernado???
jeffk
AG
Or Shaqnado?
bearamedic99
AG
Email sent to steadicaTm
atag
AG
I wanna be an extra....I would happily take a trip out west for a little vacay.....can I really be an extra?? *side note* I have boobs...
Talon2DSO
AG
Email sent
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
I have boobs...
NICE
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I wanna be an extra....I would happily take a trip out west for a little vacay.....can I really be an extra?? *side note* I have boobs...

On TexAgs I feel I have to ask if you are a girl though
Buck O Five
AG
In.
PatriotAg02
AG
Awesome!

Looked up the trailer for Bermuda Tentacles......

Wow Linda Hamilton is lookin OLD!
bearamedic99
AG
No reply yet from SteadicaTm. Anyone else?
G Martin 87
AG
Eric Roberts was in one of the feature films that premiered at the Hoboken International Film Festival this past week. "Jokers Wild", a slasher flick set in an old theater with killers wearing clown masks and some hot chicks. That guy does get around.
Dark_Knight
AG
If you ever need a superhero...call me up.
agmag90
quote:
just gonna throw this out..........um........pics?...........
Ganondorf
AG
If you need a crazy narrator or old guy that no one understands you can cast Dave South.
SapperAg
AG
Steadicam, if you're ever filming in the NYC area and need a talented actor, let me know.
Brad_97
AG
Steadi's movies may all make money but not all movies you might find to invest in will. Had a buddy at the time have a movie he was producing years back (interesting to see the producers have the guaranteed money) that had some well known names.

Put in $5k to which I never saw a dime back or in profit. Didn't even get a copy of the stupid movie, not that I'm a horror fan...

Movie was called Walking Distance before being renamed to Psychic Experiment to try to take advantage of Katie Featherson in it as Paranormal Activity took off.
SteadicaTm
AG
None of those actors or actresses are close to being well known names even in the industry. Even Katie. I don't know any distributor that would make a deal with that cast that would reassure investors.

Now Mindy who is my lead has broken into the IMDb top 500 many times over the past year and reached #13 in February during season 3 of King of the Nerds. This week #13 is held by Carla Gugino.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
interesting to see the producers have the guaranteed money

Well, yeah. Otherwise why be a producer?
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
quote:
interesting to see the producers have the guaranteed money

Well, yeah. Otherwise why be a producer?
You also have to remember the producers are on the project from start to finish. On Ana Maria in Novela Land which was a NBC/UNI project myself and two other producers split about 12% of the production budget.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.