Secrets & Lies

4,105 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Coppell97
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else watching this show?

Bad acting, over the top soap opera, but I'm hooked.
Dro07
AG
I unfortunately do... I have it pegged on who it is.
boy09
AG
quote:
I unfortunately do... I have it pegged on who it is.
The commercials suggest that you don't know chit..

I only know 3 people that watch this show, and I can't take any of their opinions seriously when it comes to TV...
Dro07
AG
Its pretty obvious on who the killer is
BMX Bandit
whats your guess?
chipotle
I love trashy tv. It was obviously the daughter. Dumbass father will find out first then he'll take the blame. Credits.
BMX Bandit
Hope it's the older one. And they send her to Orange is the new black.
MelvinUdall
Definitely the older daughter.
Dro07
AG
The younger daughter... all she has ever wanted is to have a normal Xmas. She is a snoop and has heard everything in the background and went to extreme measures to keep her family. I think she saw the dad come home from the bar from her window and saw him walk to that girls house. She followed and took care of business when her dad went back home.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I love trashy tv. It was obviously the daughter. Dumbass father will find out first then he'll take the blame. Credits.
Yup the way i see it happening as well.
chipotle
And when they shut the door on him they show Jess afterwards pregnant with his kid. Credits.
annie88
AG
I like it and am pretty sure it's Ally, the younger one.
Aggie09Derek
AG
The older daughter is like 25 IRL
Dro07
AG
quote:
The older daughter is like 25 IRL
So you are telling me theres a chance?!
MelvinUdall
quote:
The younger daughter... all she has ever wanted is to have a normal Xmas. She is a snoop and has heard everything in the background and went to extreme measures to keep her family. I think she saw the dad come home from the bar from her window and saw him walk to that girls house. She followed and took care of business when her dad went back home.

I don't buy it, she is not nearly strong enough to carry that kid that far, hell even the older daughter with struggle with that. Possibly the wife knows the younger daughter did it and assisted her, who the hell knows.
annie88
AG
quote:
I don't buy it, she is not nearly strong enough to carry that kid that far, hell even the older daughter with struggle with that. Possibly the wife knows the younger daughter did it and assisted her, who the hell knows.
she didn't have to carry him, she had him follow her out there. remember last week they showed the blood on the tree where he'd been pushed into it, all she'd have to do is get him from the tree to the lake.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
she didn't have to carry him, she had him follow her out there. remember last week they showed the blood on the tree where he'd been pushed into it, all she'd have to do is get him from the tree to the lake.

Yeah, my bad I forgot about that, I am a moron, delete post, ban user.
annie88
AG
quote:
Yeah, my bad I forgot about that, I am a moron, delete post, ban user.
it's not that bad...

but, they may still have a twist, it's just when she saw the DNA report, they were trying to make it seem like Jess, but I imagine what came up was a paternal match....
mavsfan4ever
AG
I think it's one of the daughters as well. Going to guess the older one since they seemed to focus on the younger one last episode. I guess the older one would be more of a surprise now.

It's really dumb for a show to advertise "you won't believe the twist" bc it really limits who the killer might be.

Seems like the story for this show has had potential. But the acting and writing is absolutely awful. Oh well, Only one episode left.
annie88
AG
but, either way, he was really stupid to sleep with Jess again...
20ag07
I always get caught up starting these shows and later regret it because you're quickly left with story lines that are nothing but terrible characters doing stupid things. I'd watch a show with good characters doing stupid things, but that is never the case. Can't pinpoint if all the doing of the stupid things is what makes them terrible characters, or bad writing only focused on twists and forgetting to make us not loathe the characters, or the godawful acting from a low rent cast. A combination of all of the above, I'm sure. You should realize you have a problem when you have to cheap out on the rest of the cast because you blew all your cast money on Ryan Phillippe.

I love fun soapy twisty shows, but all these people just suck. I hope the detective kills them all then commits suicide.

And this show will probably end up getting another season based on the ratings.
annie88
AG
quote:
I love fun soapy twisty shows, but all these people just suck. I hope the detective kills them all then commits suicide.
I don't think it's that bad and the friend cracks me up.

And BTW, Juliette Lewis (the detective) is an oscar-nominated actress. she's been around for a long time and is actually very good. Her father just died and he was a great actor as well.
20ag07
She's doing terrible work here. Doesn't matter if she won an Oscar in the past for a different role. She's hardly the first to do both Oscar and Razzie quality performances.
annie88
AG
quote:
She's doing terrible work here. Doesn't matter if she won an Oscar in the past for a different role. She's hardly the first to do both Oscar and Razzie quality performances.
no, I get that, but she always plays odd and/or intense characters. She's very intense in this role and I hate the character, but I think she's actually doing good work. We can disagree on that, though.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I think the detective is absolutely awful in this role. It's laughable. I know she has been good in other roles, but this one clearly does not fit her for some reason in my opinion.

I do like the friend though. I think he's pretty good.
chipotle
She's terrible here. She's acting too Steven Segal. Who would have been perfect for this show.
mavsfan4ever
AG
What was that? Was tonight not the finale? I could have sworn it was, but then they had a mini preview after the episode was over.
Dro07
AG
quote:
What was that? Was tonight not the finale? I could have sworn it was, but then they had a mini preview after the episode was over.
apparently they have been doing 2-3 min of extra footage on their website. Just caught it... interesting.

Season is over but i think they did that for a possible season 2. http://abc.go.com/shows/secrets-and-lies/video/cornell-confidential

mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea the mini preview was for the confidential clip on the website. Weird, I've never seen a show do that after a finale before.
Fleen
But is Ben dead? "Dad would have been proud" "Your father loved his family..."
Dro07
AG
quote:
But is Ben dead? "Dad would have been proud" "Your father loved his family..."

I caught that too. I thought it was weird
annie88
AG
Figured it was Abby last week and knew it wasn't an accident. she's a disturbed girl.

Hope there is a season two, that last scene online with the mom was very telling how she said she just should've taken him to the lake. yikes.

I think Ben is alive and they just meant he loved the family unit, but who knows.
chipotle
This show is hilarious. "We got to take this 12 year old down!"
annie88
AG
quote:
This show is hilarious. "We got to take this 12 year old down!"
12 year olds can be psychopaths too... she's killed one little boy, she could easily do it again.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I think there is a season two, but I heard it will be a completely new storyline with new characters.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.