New "Rocky" spin-off: "Creed"

3,147 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Carlo4
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone heard anything about this?

Saw the photos of Michael B. Jordan training with Sylvester Stallone posted by Stallone this morning. Apparently, Jordan is playing Apollo's son and Rocky is his trainer. Directed by Ryan Coogler. Could be cool. I'm a fan of both Jordan and Coogler.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sylvester-stallone-first-creed-boxing-picture-116307955362.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3076658/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
jeffk
AG
Sorry if someone already had a thread on this. I searched the forum for the past year and didn't see anything, which I thought was odd, especially since the movie is supposed to open this November.
COOL LASER FALCON
Definitely haven't heard anything about it. I think I'd be much more interested in a movie where MBJ was playing Apollo Creed as a young up and coming boxer. I like MBJ a lot, but I'll wait for some reviews on this one before I get too excited.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hmmm. I loved what they did with Rocky Balboa that helped erase the disaster of Rocky V. I thought it put a great ending note for Rocky. Wish it would remain the end.

This one feels like it could turn into Rocky V again, resurrecting the old mentor-mentee dynamic (although I'm sure the mentee doesn't turn into the nemesis in this version).
The Debt
I'm not interested unless Carl weathers is in it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It sounds like Jordan is supposed to be the grandson of Creed.
Say Chowdah
AG
He was killed in the ring vs. Ivan Drago.
zgood10
AG
CAN YOU TAAAKE ME HIIIIIGHERRRAAAAH
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Dr. Horrible
Maybe they'll kill off Rocky a la Mickey in III.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
I think the story would be alot better if they changed it to the rise of Creed, not his son.
dfphotos
always like seeing Vince Howard on the screen
double aught
AG
quote:
always like seeing Vince Howard on the screen
Wallace
TajMaballer
AG
Johnny Storm
jr15aggie
AG
Rocky is my favorite movie franchise of all time! (V didn't happen btw!).

Rocky Balboa was a fantastic movie. Stallone appears to know the heart beat of the franchise so I am really looking forward to this one. I don't think he's making it just to make it... I think he has another story to tell. Could definitely pull on the heart strings again with the legacy of Apollo (well, it pulls on my heart strings... not sure how many 30+ year old dudes still get choked up watching some of the key moments in the films... I'm probably the minority, but proud of it!).
The Debt
quote:

So? I'm still not seeing a movie about Apollo creed if it doesn't have him in it. Sorry idgaf about nick cannon.
Jacques
quote:
I think the story would be alot better if they changed it to the rise of Creed, not his son.

That really might be a cool story to tell. But Stallone wouldn't get a starring role in that.
AliasMan02
AG
The rise of Creed would be better because it would take place in an era where boxing really mattered. Tough to sell a modern-day boxing story, imo.
The Debt
quote:
The rise of Creed would be better because it would take place in an era where boxing really mattered. Tough to sell a modern-day boxing story, imo.
Lies! Just have Max Kellerman do ringside commentary!
Carlo4
AG
Max Kellerman does ringside in this...

Amazing movie... a must see!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.