***Official Marvels Daredevil Episodes 10-13 thread***

10,382 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by YouBet
R0GUE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn damn damn!!! I can't believe Kingpin killed Urich!! Noooo! Now how is Spidey ever going to learn his journalism skills from him?

That was cold blooded. F'real.
hunter2012
AG
Very solid series, I must say this is the best live action comic book series I've seen to date. It seemed like a very natural story.
hunter2012
AG
To be honest I was more surprised by Wesley's death than Urich's.

Am I the only one that found it funny that the one person to get away with murder after season one isn't a bad guy or a anti-hero or a protagonist, but the most ignorant/innocent character in the show. Shoot even the "good cop" takes cigar bribes.... But Karen? Really?
Fresh Off The Boat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought it was said the Kingpin had "superhuman" strength. Not the same level as a Hulk or Superman, but much stronger and tougher than the normal man. I know comics are fast and loose with the facts and consistencies, but in my mind I thought that Daredevil wouldn't be able to beat up Fisk one on one.

Also, looks like whomever's theory that was that Urich was going to be Bullseye is going to be wrong.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The last few years, writers have put more emphasis on Kingpin's criminal genius and less on his brute strength. In the Shadowland storyline, Daredevil beat the crap out of him and became the "Kingpin" of Hell's Kitchen.
tamusc
AG
I'm just sad that it's over already.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I'm just sad that it's over already.
Well, look on the bright side. It won't be long until we have Jessica Jones to watch.
Sentinel
AG
Great season! I wasn't sure after the first episode but I'm definitely in love with it now.

And this will always be my Kingpin.

R0GUE
AG
I liked how Vanessa joked about the guy in the white suit and ascott.
israeliag
AG
I'm ready for season 2
israeliag
AG
Summary of the easter eggs from the series
jabberwalkie09
AG
Just finished. Ready for more.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
Am I the only one that found it funny that the one person to get away with murder after season one isn't a bad guy or a anti-hero or a protagonist, but the most ignorant/innocent character in the show. Shoot even the "good cop" takes cigar bribes.... But Karen? Really?

I wouldn't exactly call Karen Page innocent. Hopefully they go more into her background next season.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't exactly call Karen Page innocent. Hopefully they go more into her background next season.

All that really showed (and brilliantly I might add) is that she was the most in over her head. The whole point of what Matt is doing, is that he has had the training to take out bad guys without needing to resort to killing them. Karen on the other hand, dug herself into a hole where she had to shoot Wesley to get out. Matt is only fighting his crusade because he wants to protect the innocence of people like Karen. It's tragic, because not only did he fail, but she won't even tell him that he did.
Madmarttigan
AG
The take down of Fisk wasn't as good as I hoped it would be (not sure just felt like the last episode lacked something), but overall a great season. I think the Wesley death was the most interesting part. I did not expect it to be at the hands of Karyn and I think he was also shocked he was so preoccupied he was dumb enough to put a loaded gun between them. For an organization that was so brilliant with the fall of the Russians, it is pretty ironic for him to die because of something so careless.
israeliag
AG
quote:
The take down of Fisk wasn't as good as I hoped it would be (not sure just felt like the last episode lacked something), but overall a great season. I think the Wesley death was the most interesting part. I did not expect it to be at the hands of Karyn and I think he was also shocked he was so preoccupied he was dumb enough to put a loaded gun between them. For an organization that was so brilliant with the fall of the Russians, it is pretty ironic for him to die because of something so careless.
Was anyone else kinda (just kinda) saddened by his death? I really enjoyed his character and the actor, to me, had a way of owning all the scenes he was in.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
Was anyone else kinda (just kinda) saddened by his death? I really enjoyed his character and the actor, to me, had a way of owning all the scenes he was in.
Yeah, I thought he was an interesting character.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Finally finished. Wow. Really surprised how good that was but I guess I shouldn't be with Marvel at the helm.
israeliag
AG
Given his super sensitive senses, is it really hard for Daredevil to fall asleep?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Given his super sensitive senses, is it really hard for Daredevil to fall asleep?
He mentions at one point in an episode (I think to Foggy) that for his senses to work like that he has to focus. Though in "Stick" we did see that I guess he had trouble initially.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Through Stick, he learned the ability to meditate and shut out his surroundings.
israeliag
AG
Cool.

In the comics, are his super senses due to more than just blindness, training, and chemicals? Is he part mutant, or part Inhuman, part whatever Dr. Strange is, or something along those lines?
Bruce Almighty
AG
His super senses come from some kind of freaky reaction between his neurons and the radioactive waste that blinded him. Ant Man dug around in his brain and saw these reactions taking place. Though he's not a mutant officially, criminal organizations have tried mimicking the same process will human test subjects but the radioactive waste killed them. Theres something with his brain that doesn't exist in other people that allowed him to survive.
israeliag
AG
Thanks
redline248
AG
Does anyone think Karen was telling the truth when she told Wesley that wasn't the first time she shot someone? Also, any chance Matt tells her that he is Daredevil?

I was a little worried that he wouldn't make the transition to the daredevil costume this season.
swimmerbabe11
I've watched 10, 11, and most of 12. "What can it hurt to read the first post?" I said. "Surely the OP will be discussing episode 10" I said.

sigh.
R0GUE
AG
Sorry swimmerbabe. I had pretty much finished the series and there wasn't a thread yet. That was what was first and foremost on my mind.
swimmerbabe11
Oh not a complaint at you, more at myself.

I'm unable to avoid spoilers. Its like an addiction.
Sentinel
AG
Same thing happened to me. I tried to push it out of my mind, but that didn't work.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
Does anyone think Karen was telling the truth when she told Wesley that wasn't the first time she shot someone? Also, any chance Matt tells her that he is Daredevil?

I was a little worried that he wouldn't make the transition to the daredevil costume this season.
She also said something to Ben about what he found when he started digging into her past.

The only thing I was hoping for out of this series was a little stronger tie in to the rest of the universe via a cameo from an established character. I even waited until the end I the credits on 13 thinking we might see a Fury cameo or something.

Overall, great series. Marvel could publish a show called "This Show is a Steaming Pile" right now and I'd watch it.
MaroonDynasty
762 mm full metal jacket

I AM IN A WORLD OF ****!

Beautiful performance as Fisk.
Sex Panther
AG
Remember when this happened?
swimmerbabe11
I would love if Elektra showed up in Netflix Daredevil land.
israeliag
AG
quote:
I would love if Elektra showed up in Netflix Daredevil land.
Did you catch the "easter egg"? In the flashback to their college/law-school days, they talked about this Greek chick Matt had a fling with.
AgMarauder04
AG
Matt did say in the finale that after everything was resolved the "something" in Karen's voice didnt' go away.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.