Teaser trailer for MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ROGUE NATION

15,705 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1 did suffer from several "sit around and figure things out" scenes, but it's still awesome just because of the Emilio Estevez factor.

2 is awesome in that it perfectly exemplifies what a movie made in 2000 should look like - slow-mo motorcycle gun fights, vague chemical weapon threats and the soundtrack, oh the soundtrack!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission:_Impossible_II_(soundtrack)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
saw the new one Saturday night and thought it was great. Haven't seen any of the other ones since the first one, which I saw in theater in CS 10 days after I graduated.

Have to watch 3 & 4 some time. Caught some of the first one on cable this weekend. Loved Ethan on "The Internet" - a giant box on appears on the computer monitor reading "CONNECTING TO INTERNET USE"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And it's time aye disapppeeaaaaa
jackie childs
saw it this weekend and really enjoyed it.

anybody else think they kinda wasted the brandt character? we saw that he had field agent skills in ghost protocol and in rogue nation, he's basically just a suit.

paula patton was pretty good, but Rebecca ferguson is the best female character in the series.
fig96
AG
quote:
saw the new one Saturday night and thought it was great. Haven't seen any of the other ones since the first one, which I saw in theater in CS 10 days after I graduated.

Have to watch 3 & 4 some time. Caught some of the first one on cable this weekend. Loved Ethan on "The Internet" - a giant box on appears on the computer monitor reading "CONNECTING TO INTERNET USE"
If you enjoy these at all do yourself a favor and watch 4, best of the series in mine and many others' opinions.

And for anyone interested, a bundle of the first 4 is 20 bucks on iTunes right now.
MASAXET
AG
I guess I'm in the extreme minority here and thought ghost protocol was one of the weakest of the franchise (still enjoyed it though). Then again, I've only seen it once and I didn't like III as much until I saw it again. Maybe I'll have to rewatch ghost protocol.

But, I did really enjoy rogue nation. There were some holes in it and easy to predict semi-twists, but I really enjoyed the story. Action sequences were a lot of fun too.
aTmAg
AG
So this weekend on TNT, there were a bunch of Tom Cruise movies. Jack Reacher had just been on, Oblivion was on at the time, and a Mission Impossible was coming up next. On the little scroll thing in the bottom right corner it said something like: "Up Next: Mission Impossible <whichever one>" it paused there, and then scrolled "Xenu would be proud'. I had a little chuckle there.
BoxingAg84
It was a good film.
I was nervous as hell during several parts.
However, there were lots of "yeah right" moments in this film.
It was funny how Hunt falls off the motorcycle and only has a few scratches and some holes in his shirt.
He had to have been going 200 mph.
watty
AG
I don't disagree with your point, but 200? No way... He was on a curvy mountain road. Somewhere between 60-100.
fig96
AG
quote:
So this weekend on TNT, there were a bunch of Tom Cruise movies. Jack Reacher had just been on, Oblivion was on at the time, and a Mission Impossible was coming up next. On the little scroll thing in the bottom right corner it said something like: "Up Next: Mission Impossible <whichever one>" it paused there, and then scrolled "Xenu would be proud'. I had a little chuckle there.

Ha, that's great.

Oblivion was an interesting one, I didn't love the movie and it got a bit confusing (I'll keep it spoiler free for any who haven't seen it), but the production design was absolutely gorgeous.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
He had to have been going 200 mph
I don't think you realize how difficult 200mph is to achieve in pretty much any vehicle.
BoxingAg84
quote:
I don't disagree with your point, but 200? No way... He was on a curvy mountain road. Somewhere between 60-100.
Yeah I know that's impossible (no pun intended), but he was hauling ass when he fell off the bike only to come out unscathed.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
He had to have been going 200 mph
I don't think you realize how difficult 200mph is to achieve in pretty much any vehicle.
To be fair. motorcycles typically seem to be going far faster than what they actually are.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Ha, that's great.

Oblivion was an interesting one, I didn't love the movie and it got a bit confusing (I'll keep it spoiler free for any who haven't seen it), but the production design was absolutely gorgeous.
**** OBLIVION SPOILER ****

The humans didn't really win the original war, the aliens did. They were using Tom Cruise clones to maintain the sea water generator things, but each Tom had no idea that they were working for the aliens, rather than against them.

My issue was that Morgan Freeman could have just told Tom #1 that there are a bunch of Toms, that the "radiation zones" are fake and are simply to keep the Toms from meeting each other. They could take him to the edge of the radiation zone and show him how they have no problem walking into it and bring him with them. Then have him go meet another Tom and recruit as many Toms as they could. But, obviously that ruins the whole surprise moment.

*** END SPOILER ***
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
And for anyone interested, a bundle of the first 4 is 20 bucks on iTunes right now.
Best Buy also has the four pack on Blu Ray this week for $20. Thinking about picking it up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn, not a bad deal.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Saw this tonight. I really enjoyed it. I think Rebecca Ferguson was absolutely fantastic, better than Paula Patton was in Ghost Protocol IMO. Ferguson complimented Cruise's Hunt pretty well IMO. The only thing that bugged me is that while there was a massive chess game with twists and turns through out the movie, mostly between Hunt and Faust, is that the villain of the film may have been its weakest point. It was almost like they wanted to have a similar motivation to Alec Trevelyan from Goldeneye, but missed the mark slightly in some way. This film was pretty much centered around Hunt and Faust, as opposed to how it was in Ghost Protocol where it was very much about the ensemble of team and I am actually OK with that.

As far as rankings go, while I really enjoyed Ghost Protocol I think this might be right there along side it. I'm not sure I could really pick between them to say this is my favorite. I thought that the fourth film was great and had some great stuff in it, but Rogue Nation had some pretty good instances where the characters are playing each other so well and the actors do a really good job that it made it slightly more enjoyable to watch for me.

Bottom line is that if you haven't seen it, you should.
bagger05
AG
Wonder if Tom Crooze was on set for this latest one.

Jack Thauer
AG
quote:
quote:
Best Buy also has the four pack on Blu Ray this week for $20. Thinking about picking it up.

Also comes with a free movie ticket for Rogue Nation (up to $8 off). So it really cost me $12 for all 4 on blu ray
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah I know that's impossible (no pun intended), but he was hauling ass when he fell off the bike only to come out unscathed.

I was actually more annoyed that he wiped out because of a skinny girl walking into the street, after having just dodged 50 oncoming cars at 100 mph (or 200?)
WoMD
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was actually more annoyed that he wiped out because of a skinny girl walking into the street, after having just dodged 50 oncoming cars at 100 mph (or 200?)

To be fair, it's really hard to dodge skinny girls and keep control going over 200mph. And it's pretty obvious at that stretch he was a minimum of 220. I know I would have trouble, but I don't know about you.
rhutton125
AG
Mission Impossible 1 actually holds up pretty well... except for one hilarious scene where Ethan is trying to track down "Max," the arms dealer.

He uses this prehistoric search engine to try and contact her. Searches "Max" - no results. "Max.com" - no results. Then he realizes that job #314 may actually be a reference to Job 3:14 in the Bible. He searches "Bible."

Super-spy Ethan Hunt actually tracks down an elusive arms dealer by searching their name, their name with a .com, and Googling "Bible." Awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
I recently watched all 4 previous installments and will second that that scene is hilarious now.

The most interesting thing I noticed though on the rewatch, is how different the first three are. They could not be more different in style, tone, feel etc...

The MI series is like The Fast & Furious in they keep getting better over time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The series has gotten better, but I agree they all feel pretty disjointed in style and tone. 1 and 2 especially. 3-5 have felt a lot more similar than the first two, similar to what's happened with the F&F series.
Phat32
AG
Just saw it tonight. Thought it was great. My wife though Pegg hitting his head on the Beamer dashboard was the funniest thing she'd ever seen.
cr0wbar
AG
Great googly moogly- that actress was smoking hot.

Please leg kill me anytime
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rebecca Ferguson will return in the sixth installment of the Mission Impossible franchise.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/12/08/mission-accomplished-rebecca-ferguson-first-tom-cruise-leading-lady-doing-a-second-mi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.