Teaser trailer for MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE ROGUE NATION

15,704 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paramount randomly dropped this online on a Sunday morning, and damn - it looks way better than I was expecting. Not that I didn't have faith in writer/director Christopher McQuarrie, I just never quite trusted the fifth movie in a franchise to potentially be this good/fun. Granted, it's only a minute's worth of footage, but in some ways this looks to combine elements/styles of all the previous movies into one. Feels more like the first movie than any of the others, but also has the adrenaline-fueled chase element of part two (with the motorcycles), the slightly more jokey tone of part three, and a massive centerpiece stunt with Cruise hanging onto the plane (which they actually shot, btw) that looks like it could potentially top the Dubai sequence in the last one. Even that brief shot of Cruise jumping into that waterfall hole looks insane. Whatever this ends up being, all I know right now is that it just jumped close to the top of my most anticipated list for the summer.

Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation hits theaters in 2D and IMAX on July 31.

TCTTS
AG
Ok, so this might actually be just an extended teaser for the full-length trailer tomorrow. End tag on the spot says, "Worldwide trailer debut March 23," and I can't get confirmation if the trailer was simply released a day "early" (since it's already March 23 in parts of the world), or if something more official/longer is coming tomorrow.
TCTTS
AG
Just saw confirmation from Paramount. Full-length trailer coming tomorrow. Why they'd blow their load with anything more than a 10-second tease, though, is beyond me. Seems incredibly anti-climactic now.
TajMaballer
AG
Unless they pull a Kendrick Lamar and drop the entire movie early!

I am excited for this movie though.. I really enjoyed the last one. I am curious to see how this does at the BO. Especially after Edge of Tomorrow didn't do too hot domestic.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
and a massive centerpiece stunt with Cruise hanging onto the plane (which they actually shot, btw)
We already knew Cruise was insane, but his devotion to doing these awesomely spectacular stunts himself is just unheard of.

And that brief clip of the motorcycle chase already looks ten times better than John Woo's ridiculous scene in M:I2.
Mucho austin
AG
quote:

I am excited for this movie though.. I really enjoyed the last one. I am curious to see how this does at the BO. Especially after Edge of Tomorrow didn't do too hot domestic.

I think people just had no idea what edge of tomorrow was going to be about.

People know what they are getting with mission impossible
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
and a massive centerpiece stunt with Cruise hanging onto the plane (which they actually shot, btw)
We already knew Cruise was insane, but his devotion to doing these awesomely spectacular stunts himself is just unheard of.

And that brief clip of the motorcycle chase already looks ten times better than John Woo's ridiculous scene in M:I2.

Right there with you.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

This. Plus the weekend of July 31 has virtually no other competition, and the weekend before is all kids/teen movies.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I just never quite trusted the fifth movie in a franchise to potentially be this good/fun.

Fast Five was AMAZING.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Looks like it will be pretty good. I guess I will mark this down as a must see in theaters. Someone on imgur posted a couple of pictures of Curise hanging onto the plane awhile back.

http://imgur.com/gallery/fiOU7
Tobias Funke
AG
So tired of seeing references to "Rogue Nation". It's Rogueland or the Association of Former Rogues, dammit
double aught
AG
The last one was great. Looking forward to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I just never quite trusted the fifth movie in a franchise to potentially be this good/fun.

Fast Five was AMAZING.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
"This mission ... it just got a little bit more impossibler."

Tom Crooz

phatpat21
That plane shot was insane!
Phil Miller
Cruise's hair looks terrible
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

Which is a shame because that was one of my favorite films last year
benMath08
AG
I actually really liked all but the second movie. Looking forward to this one.
Cancelled
AG
Cruise is a whacko, but I love MI. MI2 kind of sucked though.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The second M:I movie was SO John Woo that it was pretty much a parody of a John Woo film. I loved his films before then and was pumped to see this one. That film pretty much killed any enthusiasm for any future films from him. Honestly, I don't even remember if I've seen any of his films after that.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cruise is definitely whacko, but he earns his paycheck. That plane scene looks awesome.
rhutton125
AG
The irony is that John Woo's Mission Impossible hardly had any action for about 2/3 of the movie. It was full-on romance and espionage.

But it ends with lots of explosions and vehicle stunts. M'boy!
jeffk
AG
Let's not forget the awesome rock climbing exploding sunglasses intro.
MW03
AG
I know he's crazy or whatever, but damnit if I don't love Tom Cruise movies.
The Collective
AG
Yep. Tom Cruise movies are just solid entertainment. I'll see this and probably enjoy it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
*Cue Limp Bizkit*
israeliag
AG
The last 2 MIs were great, so I was looking forward to this.

I don't watch trailers for films I know I'll see, but I didn't realize that Christopher McQuarrie was behind this one. His IMDB only makes this more exciting (as with anyone's work, in any field, there are some not as spectacular pieces, but the body of work is promising).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He did Way of the Gun, nice. Not a particularly great film but that opening scene is nails.
The Collective
AG
quote:
*Cue Limp Bizkit*

Now I know why you wanna hate me
tamusc
AG
Full trailer is up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes.
Post removed:
by user
jbsj9698
The Collective
AG
Ha. We saw the trailer while watching basketball yesterday, and the first thing my wife said right as it finished surely he didn't really do the plane stunt, DID HE?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.