iZombie

12,940 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesomeness!

Went in knowing nothing about it and loved it.

Counterpoint
AG
Isn't it by the Veronica Mars guy? If so, that's good enough for me!
jabberwalkie09
AG
I figure I will probably give this a shot. Agents of SHIELD currently fills this time slot for me normally, but I DVR'd it and watched it in after AoS since Person of Interest wasn't new this week.
Jasomania
AG
I think i liked it overall? It went at breakneck speed, like literally within the first 5 minutes she had died, became a zombie and was working for the police. It's not terrible it went so fast but it was hard to be emotionally connected to her pining over her fiance when i was introduced to him like seconds earlier. I liked the format of it being a mystery of the week and a detective team. I'll keep it on the dvr schedule for now, if anything its already 100x better than Agents of Shield.
Counterpoint
AG
I hope they go back and "flesh out" the scenes from the zombie boat attack.
Sex Panther
AG
Good to hear. Admittedly this show looks way too corny and "CW" for me, but I am a huge fan of Rob Thomas. I met him last year at ACL and he was extremely nice and seemed really gracious that I recognized him and wanted to talk to him. Hope he has a hit on his hands.
Counterpoint
AG
If you take out the zombie concept, I think this show is actually MORE "Rob Thomas-y" than VM.
They could have spread out the part about her becoming a zombie though. I wanted more details about that.
SeattleAgJr
Go in thinking Veronica Mars/Buffy. A lot of that vibe. It is a dramedy, with horror elements wrapped around a police procedural.

If you liked Buffy in its middle years, it feels a lot like that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If you take out the zombie concept, I think this show is actually MORE "Rob Thomas-y" than VM.
They could have spread out the part about her becoming a zombie though. I wanted more details about that.
I'm going to guess that events of her becoming a zombie will be revealed slowly through out the season, kind of much the same way that Veronica's friend who was murder was kind of the theme of the season IIRC. The guy that they showed in her vision/memory at the end of the episode was shown in the previews.
Kooch 3:16
AG
I dug the hell out of the pilot.
swimmerbabe11
Annnd with the Buffy comparisons I am in.

I am watching half of the CW shows on right now...not ashamed to admit it. CW is fun right now.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
I'm going to guess that events of her becoming a zombie will be revealed slowly through out the season, kind of much the same way that Veronica's friend who was murder was kind of the theme of the season IIRC. The guy that they showed in her vision/memory at the end of the episode was shown in the previews.
unless I missed something, do we not already know how she became a zombie?

We saw the party. We saw the drugs. We say her waking up.

Not much mystery there.

My guess is the mystery of the season will all be tied to the zombie that looks like Flea from the Red Hot CHili Peppers
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Not much mystery there.

My guess is the mystery of the season will all be tied to the zombie that looks like Flea from the Red Hot CHili Peppers
We know that the guy approached her with opportunity to use drugs, and she turned it down. What I meant was that we know the how, but why did a horde of zombies come to a party on a boat and why did the other guy become a zombie (he appeared normal initially), what is his connection, etc.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

Not much mystery there.

We know that the guy approached her with opportunity to use drugs, and she turned it down. What I meant was that we know the how, but why did a horde of zombies come to a party on a boat and why did the other guy become a zombie (he appeared normal initially), what is his connection, etc.
I understood the drugs caused the party goers to turn into zombies, unless I am mistaking what you are saying....
Counterpoint
AG
I just meant a more detailed episode involving the events on the boat. Instead of a tiny flashback.
agmatt06
AG
I'm sure they will go into the backstory as the season goes on.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I just meant a more detailed episode involving the events on the boat. Instead of a tiny flashback.
AH. To me, the events at the boat are pretty irrelevant. That just happens to be where she was changed.

I think the issue of the drug, how it came to be, who is responsible for it and whatnot will be the main story, and the events at the boat are pretty much a non-issue.
agmatt06
AG
Good point. The guy who turned her is a big enough actor, that I expect you'll see him throughout the season.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I understood the drugs caused the party goers to turn into zombies, unless I am mistaking what you are saying....
I didn't get that reference and that could very well be the case, but I got the impression that Liv thinks it had to do with something else. Wasn't she scratched or something at the party?

Edit: I do agree though (thinking on it now) that the drug itself will be the main driving point.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
I didn't get that reference and that could very well be the case, but I got the impression that Liv thinks it had to do with something else. Wasn't she scratched or something at the party?

Edit: I do agree though (thinking on it now) that the drug itself will be the main driving point.
She did not take the drug, but was attacked by zombies and killed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Anyone else been keeping up with the show? I have enjoyed the episodes and the show so far.
SeattleAgJr
I am still watching. It amuses me so far.

But as a Seattle resident, I love all the verbal references to the city and whatnot, but it is so obvious the show is not filmed here. Makes me roll my eyes. </end mininerdrant>
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
But as a Seattle resident, I love all the verbal references to the city and whatnot, but it is so obvious the show is not filmed here. Makes me roll my eyes. </end mininerdrant>
IIRC most of the CW shows are filmed in Canada. So if you can have enough suspension of disbelief over location, that is a pretty small issue IMO. Especially when you consider that the majority of viewers won't know the difference between a location like Vancouver and Seattle.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I am still watching. It amuses me so far.

It was like when I watched the Killing and they found a body in Magnuson Park, which is apparently now a forest clearing out in the middle of nowhere.
LHIOB
AG
Pretty awesome Party Down reference this week

Are we having fun yet?

So far I did the show a lot.
Dro07
AG
I watch it as a filler for now
LHIOB
AG
Its still holding my attention. Solid ending to the episode this week.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, it's been a fairly entertaining show. Everything is coming together, so I think it will be interesting to see how things shake out for the rest of the season.
swimmerbabe11
If I start on episode 3, am I going to be totally lost? Pretty catch uppable?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If I start on episode 3, am I going to be totally lost? Pretty catch uppable?
What appears to be the antagonist for the season was introduced in the second episode. So if you can, I would at least start there. If you can't, I'm sure that we might be able to fill in some gaps for you.
swimmerbabe11
Never got to watch episode 1 or 2, I'm sure that when it reaches netflix that will fill in some blanks for me.

I'm enjoying it as popcorn tv though
jabberwalkie09
AG
Things are starting to get interesting. Can't wait to see how the season ends.
swimmerbabe11
Oh yeah, I posted that before I was done watching the episode.

WTH they killed off Lowell?

(That actor is in production for a show called Damien, probably why they killed him)
Counterpoint
AG
They HAVE to tell Major what is going on. It's waaaay better than the alternative. He thinks he is crazy and he is going to get himself killed. There's literally no good reason for him not to know the truth now (except for show drama purposes).
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's a CW show, the drama for the sake of the drama is a prerequisite. I agree though, he is going crazy over trying to figure it out. I'm thinking that he will find out on his own LIv is a zombie, and then everything since she broke up with him will make more sense to him.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.