The Last Man On Earth

30,191 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by COOL LASER FALCON
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loving it so far! Anyone else watching?
Dro07
AG
Watching after TWD
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Looking forward to watching it when it makes Hulu.
GreasenUSA
AG
I'll keep watching for now. It didn't grab my attention quite as much as I was hoping.
Fairview
AG
I liked it. I think it has potential. While not sanitary the toilet pool was something I would do. Also like he said, you can't go wrong with a margarita pool.
Counterpoint
AG
LOVED both eps. Not sure if I'd rather be alone the rest of my life or deal with Kristen Schaal's character!
COOL LASER FALCON
Thought it was really funny. It will be interesting to see how long they can keep it fresh.

"I think you mean, 'out for what do you need that gun?'"
That can't be right
Counterpoint
AG
^
^
Tomahhtoes.

Jim01
AG
I'll keep watching. Didn't love it but it was interesting. I was curious how they would keep it just him (as I thoguth was the premise), but I guess he is technically the only MAN left. I just thought they would keep it just him a bit longer than one episode.
Quinn
AG
I really liked it and was cracking up when he was talking about his margarita pool. Will definitely keep watching this.
schmendeler
AG
i found it hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I was dying when he started salting the rim of the margarita pool. and the part where he's making fun of castaway and Wilson and then has a dozen or so of his own, I was rolling.
boy09
AG
"This is my toilet pool. This is my garbage pool. This is my margarita pool..."
"You swim in that thing?"
"I swim in it. I drink out of it. There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool."

I lost it every time he nonchalantly pulled out the gun and shot out doors and windows to get into buildings. And towards the end when he was trying to open the water valve and pulled out the gun and took a couple of shots.

I thought it was great, but I can't help but wonder how long they can keep this going.
Gomer95
AG
I missed it and forgot to DVR it. Is the pilot scheduled to be on again?
Quinn
AG
I would bet you could catch it on demand this week.
schmendeler
AG
Or on Fox's website
Jim01
AG
www.hulu.com/the-last-man-on-earth
chipotle
I'd be afraid to fall in the toilet pull while getting up but I applaud the efforts.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I did not wet my pants, ok? Eww, they're wet! Super wet!
Dro07
AG
Its an interesting show so far... I laughed the hardest with him scavenging the Tomato at night and stops when he hears a noise. The next morning he has it all over him and is like... nah i didn't do it.
Quinn
AG
Potential Future Spoiler discussion alert

January Jones is in the show as well and has been publicizing TLMOE. What do y'all think her role is? Does she show up after he Phil marries Carol and he realizes his mistake? Will she only be around in flashbacks? It will be interesting to see how they integrate other people in their cast and how often they look back to the time before the virus.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I finally finished it and enjoyed it. Somehow, before this I never realized that Kristen Schaal was Louise from Bob's Burgers
Dro07
AG
I actually thought that after they get married that some hot girl is going to show up shortly after and he would hate his life.
gigemhilo
AG
I enjoyed the show but was kinda disappointed about all the adult talk. after watching the previews, my kids really wanted to see it. and then like the first sentence of the whole show was about masturbation... oh well.

seriously though, I'm not trying to be a prude. I thought it was hillarious. But now I will have to watch it in secret!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My roommate and I had really been looking forward to this one and were definitely not disappointed. In the minutes before Schaal showed up, I was asking him "this is great, but how long can they go on with him as the only character?"

Sure enough, two minutes later that familiar voice appeared in that silhouette by the campsite, and as excited as I'd been for the show before, that's how doubly excited I was for the episodes to come. What a perfect combination. Appointment viewing from now on, though it's going to have a lot of competition from GoT, Silicon Valley, Last Week Tonight, Mad Men and the rest of the ridiculous sunday TV that exists this time of year.
Max Power
AG
The previews just had me curious about this one, didn't know if I would like it all but I loved it. Especially loved the toilet/garbage/margarita pool scene and when he decorated his new house with a presidential rug, Heisman trophy, oscars, the Constitution in the kitchen and so on.

I hated her character as soon as they did the driving and parking scenes but it's a great contrast with Forte's character so I will tolerate it.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm currently rewatching and I'm pretty sure Jason Suudeikis is in the picture of his family that he hangs up early on, so I guess we will definitely get some flashbacks at some point.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I'm currently rewatching and I'm pretty sure Jason Suudeikis is in the picture of his family that he hangs up early on, so I guess we will definitely get some flashbacks at some point.

Yeah, that was definitely him

Also the girl he imagined was Alexandra Daddario and her boobs
heisatouchdown
AG
Man to go from Alexandra Daddario to the stalker from Flight of the Conchords has to be a pretty hard jump.

The biggest laughter scenes for me were 'Chinese hello' in the van and then the first time he shoots a glass door. I'll keep a look out for this show, but I don't know if it'll get enough support ala a Brooklyn Nine-Nine to survive.
LHIOB
AG
Will Forte is amazing and watching Phil was like watching myself. His logic vs her was so so so great.
jlb2957
AG
Margarita pool scene had me laughing out loud.

One of those shows I could definitely enjoy but feels more like an adult swim show...

Don't think it will last long on network TV
LawAg05
AG
Loved it
Saxsoon
AG
Salting the pool

Alexandra Daddario scene
R0GUE
AG
If I was the him and the last woman on earth was making me obey every stop sign and handicap spot, I'd follow through with my suicide plan.
Saxsoon
AG
And I am sure Schaal is a great person in real life, but that has to be a hell of a downer after Alexandra Daddario.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Loved it. Hope it hangs around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.