****HOUSE OF CARDS SEASON 3 EPISODES 1-3****

4,182 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AliasMan02
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here we go...

That cold open. Frank is harsh.
Hickory High
AG
I feel like Doug is about to become an enemy. He's gonna get killed.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
That 1st episode was pretty meh. Was disappointed with last seasons convoluted plot, not sure how many episodes I'll give this season if it doesn't pick up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BarryProfit
Lol. Doesn't pick up?
zgood10
AG
First 3 eps are decent. I like the back and forth with Petrov and Frank. I feel less confused at this point than Season 2.
R0GUE
AG
I knew Stamper wasn't dead.

For some reason I thought Remy was on the outs with the Underwoods at the end of last season, am I totally remembering that wrong?
SwaggerCopter
AG
quote:
I knew Stamper wasn't dead.

For some reason I thought Remy was on the outs with the Underwoods at the end of last season, am I totally remembering that wrong?

Remy had been working for the billionaire and was a part of that struggle. Frank pardoned everybody and brought Remy in as chief of staff.
oragator
Watched the first episode, didn't realize Doug is now the main character.
SwaggerCopter
AG
He's not. Just important for setting up the rest of the season
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
Lol. Doesn't pick up?
I'm not sure what this means.

Second and third episodes were much better, I guess I really don't care about the Doug storyline that dominated the first episode. Seems odd that Frank would alienate the one guy that knows essentially all of his dirty secrets.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madmarttigan
AG
Can someone explain the alcohol in the syringe!!?! Wife and I could not figure out why he was doing that lol.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I would guess to measure an exact, small, amount and to create the mental idea of it as medicine due to his previous history of alcoholism.
Birdwatcher
AG
I enjoyed the back and forth between Frank and Petrov
Sex Panther
AG
Petrov is awesome

Also, there's no way in hell Pvssy Riot would ever be invited to sit down with the Russian president anywhere much less the White House right?
smac12
Loving me some Doug this season. I did think the opening with him ran a bit long. Still, he is the most fascinating character on the show for me right now. Doug's whole identity and life was based on doing Frank Underwood's dirty work for him. Now, he is out of the inner circle. I just think the writers can take Doug in a lot of really interesting directions. Does he remain loyal to Frank? Does he go rogue and try to bring Frank down? What is he going to do when he finds Rachel? Kill her or try to marry her?

I can't wait to see what Doug does this season.
Sex Panther
AG
I agree about Doug being the interesting wildcard, but I also agree with the Not Yet Dr... Why would Frank alienate the guy who knows everything about him?
redsquirrelAG
AG
I wish we would see the day a president stood up there and delivered the speech Frank gave in episode 2 regarding entitlements.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I wish we would see the day a president stood up there and delivered the speech Frank gave in episode 2 regarding entitlements.

It was phenomenal.
Al Bula
AG
some dickless piece of sh t posted about entire season on facebook and ruined it for my gf. luckily i didnt see it.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
some dickless piece of sh t posted about entire season on facebook and ruined it for my gf. luckily i didnt see it.

K.
AliasMan02
AG
I was not that interested in the season, but damn if I'm not sucked right back in.

Most interesting nuance to me so far is that all of the REAL political players/thinkers have it as a no brainer that Frank will run despite what he says, while the second tier can be manipulated into buying the BS.
ellebee
Ok so what's the deal with the fbi guy gavin? I don't remember that he worked for the fbi. I thought he was just some hacker or am I thinking of the wrong show? I don't want to look it up in case i come across spoilers.
SwaggerCopter
AG
quote:
Ok so what's the deal with the fbi guy gavin? I don't remember that he worked for the fbi. I thought he was just some hacker or am I thinking of the wrong show? I don't want to look it up in case i come across spoilers.

He was the hacker they forced to work for the FBI to drop the charges against him. He knows about the prostitute girl (name escapes me) and is using it to force Doug to get him out of the FBI and country
ellebee
Ahh i guess i missed that it was a condition of the charges being dropped. Thanks for the reply!
RebAg13
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

He was the hacker they forced to work for the FBI to drop the charges against him. He knows about the prostitute girl (name escapes me) and is using it to force Doug to get him out of the FBI and country

Her name is Rachel Posner.

His biggest contribution last season is he helped entrap Zoe's boyfriend, the nice reporter guy, by pretending to work with him to sniff out Zoe's murderer. But when he went into that secure data server room and planted a thumb drive, the Feds pounced because Gavin had set him up.
TexasAggie008
AG
So will there be a 4-7 thread, etc? Afraid to read the full HOC thread because I'm sure there are idiots posting things 5 posts down about how the either season was either great or "sucked"
PatAg
AG
Doesn't it seem like they would have done something to make his bath/shower safer for someone in his condition?
chick79
AG
I blew through the first nine episodes this weekend. Loving it!
Tobias Funke
AG
Stamper is one tough, crazy SOB. Great character

I've enjoyed the frank/petrov interactions and it's nice to see Claire somewhat humbled by the beatings she keeps taking.

Was P- Riot introduced this season or were they a factor before?
dummble
AG
The eggs, why was she frying eggs.

The wife and I have not figured out the symbolism. But we just finished ep 3.
Tobias Funke
AG
My interpretation: she is pregnant with twins....as the two eggs represented, just after she got (morning?) sick over the sink. In the scene before, she bones a crying Frank.

Too out there?
R0GUE
AG
I read a blog that suggested its because Frank appoints Claire to the UN Ambassador position despite failing in her confirmation bid, using a little used loophole. So it's symbolic in that Frank and Claire can't get anything done without "breaking a few eggs". So to speak.
AliasMan02
AG
I just took it that she didn't want to seem weak in front of him, but when she got what she wanted, she could relax.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.