Release Day For My Wife's "Starfall" Book.

3,970 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rhoswen
KeithDB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today is the release date for Starfall, Book 4 and the electrifying conclusion to Brenda Hiatt's (that's my wife) award winning Starstruck series of books. If you were one of the nearly 1,000 people who pre-ordered Starfall it should have downloaded to your device last night. If you were one of those waiting to read the series until all the books were available, that is now, and Book 1 of the series, Starstruck is still FREE.

In Starfall the middle of nowhere once again gets a lot more interesting as the action moves back to Jewel, Indiana, and even to the well known cornfield. Marsha must find a way to make the love of her life and soul mate even remember who she is, all while thwarting an alien attack and dealing with a ridiculous plot by her friends to draft her for Homecoming Queen.

agmatt06
AG
TV show sucked
KeithDB
AG
If you are referring to the now defunct "Starcrossed" that was kind of weird. That series started just a couple of weeks after the second book in my wife's series, of the same name, came out. It also involved aliens in High School. In the weirdest of coincidences, the heroine was also nicknamed "M" (or perhaps "Em" as it was short for Emily) and my wife's heroine is nicknamed "M" (short for Marsha).

Don't worry though, that's where the similarities ended.
agmatt06
AG
I know.. I was kidding.

I remember when it came out and you kept having to clarify that it's not based off your wife's book...

Good luck to her.
KeithDB
AG
Thanks. My daughter did manage to arrange a formal, bona-fide "Hollywood pitch" of the books for a TV series. But that was back in November and we have not heard anything. I guess at this point we don't expect to.
KeithDB
AG
Have an announcement for any hardcore fans of the Starstruck series. I don't know if any are on here, but if you are, Brenda has another free offering. She has written a short story called Rigel's Jewel retelling the first few chapters of Starstruck (the first book in the series) from point of view of Rigel (the hero). Because it is from the perspective of the person "in the know" it does contain major spoilers if you have not read Starstruck. The good news is that the ebook version of Starstruck is also free from any major e-book vendor.

Brenda is offering Rigel's Jewel completely free to any subscribers to her also free newsletter. To sign up for her free newsletter just go to http://brendahiatt.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=72b3976910217ba9e6b9c9008&id=b215184611

Rigel's Jewel actually starts just before the story in Starstruck begins. Rigel is very excited because the football coach of the large school Indianapolis he attends has just told him that he will be the starting quarterback next year. Rigel's hopes for NCAA scouts watching his games are dashed when he returns home to discover his parents have decided continue their wild goose chase by moving to the tiny, backwater town of Jewel, Indiana. It's a rather bitter Rigel that walks into Jewel High School the first day of school . . .

Again, highly recommend reading Starstruck before reading this short story.

Tanya 93
Sweet.

I am going to sign up!

Her latest is in the queue, but there are about 8 books ahead of it.
KeithDB
AG
Thanks Tanya, by the way, I'm rather proud of this new and improved "Martian Glossary" I just developed for the series.
http://starstruckseries.tumblr.com/MartianGlossary
KeithDB
AG
Starfall, the 4th book in the series, featured in USA Today this morning.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/happyeverafter/2015/03/26/melinda-curtis-sweet-romance-recs-vastine-snopek/70411936/?hootPostID=5225215373295d831f7c2dca7e9b1940
Sex Panther
AG
Congrats
Tanya 93
Satisfying conclusion!

Yay they are together!

Thank you for being so proud you introduced me to this series.
KeithDB
AG
Thanks Tanya!

While Brenda's next project will be a return to one of her historical series, an addition to the "Saint of Seven Dials" books, it is looking more and more like she will return for more Starstruck books when she is done with that. She's too attached to the characters and world she created to give it up! She has planted seeds for sequels in the series you just finished focusing on characters other than Rigel and Marsha.

The obvious one, of course, is a book where Sean finds the girl for him and some readers have been clamoring for that already. Brenda has some ideas for that . . .

Another might focus on Molly. Brenda set some things up in the books. You might have noticed, for example, that for a member of the agricultural fine Molly has a rather brown thumb. Molly's story might return the reader to Nuath . . .
Tanya 93
As a fan, Molly, to me, is more fascinating than Sean.

But, me and many, many others are hooked. We will read it.
KeithDB
AG
That's interesting Tanya. Brenda has actually received more feedback from fans eager to see a happy ending for Sean. It's probably because Brenda took the approach of making the competitor for the supernatural love a good guy, and a hero in many ways, instead of a jerk. In addition many readers simply may not have picked up on the hints about Molly appearing in the books.

I'm with you though. I think Molly's story sounds more interesting, though I know little more about where it would go and the "big reveals" that might come out if Brenda gets around to that one.

Right now Brenda thinks Molly's story might be another more than one book series whereas "the girl for Sean" story might be just one book or even just a novella.

By the way, I like to work up publicity memes for the books and here's my latest.

pfo
AG
Congratulations, Keith, to you and your wife! What a wonderful accomplishment. With a small portion of your earnings will y'all be hosting my wife and I and y'all's favorite republican presidential candidate(s) for a fund raiser at your lovely beach home?
Tanya 93
As an English teacher, I got where she was going with Sean. To me, it was obvious. It isn't that he is bad; he just knew what was expected of him and it was counter to the romance of the series. He wanted M because he knew they were supposed to be together.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Any idea on when the new saint of seven dials book will be out? Your wife's historical stuff is more up alley.
KeithDB
AG
BackwardsinBoots: Brenda hopes to have the next "Saint of Seven Dials" series book out by the end of the year, but that will depend on how the writing goes. In the meantime, to help her recapture the period and the voice, she has done short story prelude to the Saint of Seven Dials entitled "Emma's First Kiss." She's offering it similar to the "Rigel's Jewel" story for the Starstruck series discussed above. It is free to those who subscribe to her free newsletter. You can subscribe to her free newsletter at: http://brendahiatt.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=72b3976910217ba9e6b9c9008&id=b215184611

Tanya, hear what you are saying but it would have been the easier route to cast Sean as a jerk and make him a villain. Brenda didn't want to that and instead made him a nice guy and rather heroic. Sean saves the day at the end of Starbound as he holds M together and focuses her on the task when she is falling apart. Instead, Sean's father (who M at first trusted) turns out to be a jerk and a bad guy, of sorts creating other opportunities for conflict, opportunities we may see in later books.

Tell your English class about the books or let Brenda tell them! She'd be happy to Skype into your class in case they would like to talk to "real author" and answer questions, etc from students who might be interested in writing as a career. Brenda is rather uniquely situated to do this sort of thing. She is well connected in the industry. She publishes and presents at conferences a "Show Me the Money" (check her website) survey of what authors are make financially by category of books and publishers.

PFO, the Starstruck series has enjoyed some success and now represents about half her earnings. That's impressive for the three books for sale (remember, the first book is free) since she has published about 25 books. She's still not making Twilight kind of money, but we are still hopeful! She hasn't allowed me to retire early to Key Largo yet, but her sales are pushing us closer. Hopefully more good news in a few weeks.

Speaking of Key Largo, one of the downsides of the Florida Keys is there really is not much in the way of beach, so no, not really a "beach home." It is on a canal that goes right out into Blackwater Sound, and it is just a pretty place, with a gorgeous pool, but not a "beach home."
KeithDB
AG
BackwardsinBoots: Since you like the historical romance genre I just remembered Brenda has special deal going. She has taken the first three novels she ever published Gabriella, The Cygnet, and Lord Dearborn's Destiny, and bundled them together into one ebook entitled "Hiatt Regency Classics, 1, 2 & 3." The entire set can be pre-ordered so that it will automatically download to your device on its April 14 release date for just 99 cents. So that's three full length Regency Romance Novels for 99 cents.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I will have to look and see if I have read those - I think i have most of her historicals already.
Tanya 93
Oohhhhh!

I haven't read those!

Thanks!

I am currently looking for a teaching job because I have been at home with my B-man.

But yeah,that would be amazing! Every classroom here has a smartboard so we could Skype.
KeithDB
AG
Bumping this up for another Starstruck series release day announcement from this Aggie author who has made the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists. For fans of Brenda Hiatt's Starstruck series, good news! Today is the release day for Fractured Jewel. This novella (about a third the length of the other books) is the story that fans demanded at the end of Starfall. Fans were dying to know how Aunt Theresa reacts to "knowing" and this novella is very much about that and the rapid changes coming to the tiny corn town of Jewel, Indiana. Fractured Jewel is also a prelude to a new Starstruck series featuring a darker heroine that Brenda is currently writing. You can download Fractured Jewel now from all major ebook vendors.

If you haven't started the Starstruck series, but would like to, the first book remains free from all major ebook vendors. That first book, Starstruck, remains in the top five of Amazon free young adult science fiction downloads.

rhoswen
AG
From what I understand, these are only available as Kindle editions?
KeithDB
AG
They are all available in ebook form from any major ebook vendor. E.g. Amazon, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc.

The four primary books in the series, Starstruck, Starcrossed, Starbound and Starfall can all be ordered in paperback form from Amazon and will be shipped to your address arriving in just a couple or few days. They do cost more that way, and we can't make Starstruck free that way, because paper costs money. The novella released today, Fractured Jewel, is not yet available in paperback form this way, but may be later.

Starstruck is also available as an audio book, voiced by my daughter. Starcrossed has been recorded in the same fashion but is in the audio editing stage and not yet released.
rhoswen
AG
I've been looking on amazon and all I can find for paperbacks is from "other sellers." I don't like ebooks, they make my head hurt.

On another note, these other sellers have used books in "good condition" listed anywhere from a couple bucks to $117. I wonder what the $117 book is a front for.
KeithDB
AG
If you go to Amazon's Starstruck page, here: https://www.amazon.com/Starstruck-Brenda-Hiatt-ebook/dp/B00FDKBXLM

You will see three purchase buttons.

Kindle $0.00
Paperback $14.99
Audible $1.99

Click on the paperback button to order it that way if that is your preference.
KeithDB
AG
We came up with this little teaser for the novella. It's an article from "The Daily Gem", Jewel Indiana's newspaper. Starstruck fans will even recognize that it quotes Marsha's Uncle Louie.

rhoswen
AG
Thanks, added to wish list. I'll buy it when I'm done with my current books! Didn't show up on amazon app, but maybe I'm just dumb.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.