*****Better Call Saul - Season 1*******

193,752 Views | 1346 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
Post removed:
by user
AgKJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Paying for printing isn't an argument that the case belongs to HHM unless chuck makes that argument. Which I think he will do. I don't think its dumb Saul isn't predicting his brother will stab him in the back

Well, since they included this scene obviously it's going to come up again later. My point is that I can't believe they were just so casual about it - it can obviously be argued that the case WOULD now belong to HHM (if we are debating it, imagine how a room full of lawyers would debate it). The fact that they started giving Kim direction, using company materials, company CHARGE CODES ets as if it was no big deal - doesn't fit with the intelligence previously written into these characters.

k20dub
AG
I think there is a little more than that. Remember in the first couple of episodes they had a phone conversation in the middle of the night and she mentioned not wanting to talk dirty to each other like they used to or something like that.
GreasenUSA
AG
I have no doubt there was a relationship of some fashion along the way. Could be during the mail room time, before or after. I'm just saying that on-screen, we just saw as far back as they have been willing to show us to this point.
PatAg
AG
I still dont think Chuck is going to be screwing over Jimmy.
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
What alternative did Saul have? Pressed for time and he needed the cases to impress his brother that he was working hard. I don't think it was an unintelligent move. Again, HHM has nothing more than a claim for reimbursement at this point. But I think that will change. Its clearly setting up for HHM to make a move to get the case.
Rudyjax
AG
What are/were the odds of Chuck getting better and stealing the case?
aTmAg
AG
quote:
What alternative did Saul have? Pressed for time and he needed the cases to impress his brother that he was working hard. I don't think it was an unintelligent move. Again, HHM has nothing more than a claim for reimbursement at this point. But I think that will change. Its clearly setting up for HHM to make a move to get the case.
I'm no lawyer, but I assume that as a partner in a law firm, he is not allowed to handle a big case "on the side" and to keep all the proceeds to himself. That would mean that any partner who gets a big case would do the same and deny the firm it's share. If that were the case, then what would be the point of having a firm at all?
BMX Bandit
In real life, You would have to read the partnership or incorporation agreement for specifics.

I'll assume HHM doesn't allow its partners to make money on side, which would be standard. As of now, Chuck doesn't have an attorney-client relationship. Just Saul does.

Burdizzo
AG
Jimmy has alluded several times to HHM being on shaky financial footing...at least shaky enough they couldn't just cash out Chuck when he was on an extended leave of absence. When they get wind of the $20MM demand Chuck has made you can damn sure bet they are going to do whatever they can to get a piece of the action because lawyer.
COOL LASER FALCON
Jimmy said his brother's contract allowed for him to work cases on the side, but I'm guessing they crossed a line when they billed the firm. But at the time it was going to be a $1-2 million settlement. They may have noticed, but HHM probably wouldn't have fought for it. However, now that it's $20 million, there's no way they're going to miss the opportunity. Also, it looks like Chuck is probably going to go back to work while the case is still pending, so that will probably be part of it.
BMX Bandit
I don't think anyone disputes this is what is going to happen:

quote:
you can damn sure bet they are going to do whatever they can to get a piece of the action because lawyer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hope Saul has Hamlin killed before the end of the series. I bet Mike does it.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
saul doesn't do the murdering stuff.
TriumphForks
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saul doesn't do the murdering stuff.

He could "Send him to Belize" or whatever.
JD Shellnut
AG
Kashchei
AG
10 minutes!
drivinwest
AG
Was that Jesse's house they were facing I'm the opening scene?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What was thw opening scene? Was watching going clear and forgot it was on.
The802
Is that the voice actor for Trevor from GTA5?
Rudyjax
AG
Chuck being under the power converter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fing love Mike.
wessimo
AG
The scene in the garage is a bit much
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:

Thinking same thing. That's trevor
Scotch
AG
Damn, Chuck has Howard play the bad guy, even after Jimmy has been taking care of him...

Some sort of jealousy?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is such a great show.
Burdizzo
AG
"You took something that didn't belong to you and sold it for a profit. That makes you a criminal."

Damn, I love Mike.
mazzag
AG
The collection of phones in the bin reminded me of Saul's office drawer.
Thats Not My Name
quote:

Good to see Trevor is getting work, even if it's just to be a putz. Mike is so cool, I feel like somehow watching this prequel makes him less cool in Breaking Bad.
wessimo
AG
Dangit, my feed cut out. What happened after jimmy got back to the nail salon?
BioAg08
AG
Incredible confrontation with Jimmy and Chuck.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
**** Chuck.
Burdizzo
AG
Yet another excellent episode!
Fresh Off The Boat
Charlie is a dick.

I do feel like Saul Goodman is coming by end of this season, but I think Nacho and Gus will get a strong focal point for season 2. Also explains the blatant cornyness he plays the Saul character.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.