***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

569,954 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
DustysLineup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Refresh my memory...When Ned was in charge, was he cool with the Boltons peeling people? And if it was outlawed, does that mean the Boltons were psychos the whole time and went back to skinning people alive when Ned was out of the picture?

I don't remember it ever being discussed on the show. All I know about the subject is from some GoT wiki. Not linking to any wikis because those can be risky reading, but I suspect your mostly right.

I think there may have been a moment in an earlier season when Roose facetiously expressed his disapproval to Ramsey for continuing the practice with Theon.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think there was one line in season 2 about flaying being outlawed in the North by Ned. Guess Ramsey has some built up flaying to get out of his system.

Good episode. Can't believe that took so long to bite Cersei in the ass. I honestly didn't think they were going to use the Lancel thing to get her because it was too obvious.

Who was the gift that Littlefinger was talking about to Grandma Tyrell? Robin Arryn?

Jorah kicking ass was awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Who was the gift that Littlefinger was talking about to Grandma Tyrell? Robin Arryn?
Lancel Lannister is my guess.
et98
AG
Sansa just can't catch a break
Quinn
AG
Theon is still the worst. At this point I hope he doesn't get redemption, but instead that him and psycho boy get their skulls crushed by Hodor at the same time.
TheCougarHunter
AG
So are people still complaining about the sand snakes
AggieDPT
AG
quote:

Her tits were much better than their fighting.
Wes97
AG
quote:
quote:

Her tits were much better than their fighting.

And I think that really was what people were interested in anyway, to be honest.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm just glad we got her tits and not the fugly one's.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
I thought about that, but I didn't think that made sense. How could Little Finger have anything to do with that? Even if he convinced Lancel to join the Sparrows, it would have been harmless before Cersei armed them and gave them power.
Goldie Wilson
I take back all of the bad things I said about the sand snakes
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I thought about that, but I didn't think that made sense. How could Little Finger have anything to do with that? Even if he convinced Lancel to join the Sparrows, it would have been harmless before Cersei armed them and gave them power.

He didn't have anything to do with Lancel joining. He just knew cerci and him had a thing. He told the ol lady and she brought it to the high septon
redline248
AG
quote:
I'm just glad we got her tits and not the fugly one's.
Don't lie...tits are tits
gomerschlep
AG
I feel like in previous seasons the big "oh ****" moments happened in Ep7 and 8 as opposed to the finale with a few exceptions. Between that and the kind of slow last few weeks....

Main character dies next week. Book it.
gomerschlep
AG
...and it won't be John Snow
unmade bed
Gilley is dead girl walking
mattvswild
AG
Isn't it usually ep. 9 that's the big, crazy, "OH ****!" episode?

Too lazy to look back at past seasons, but that's my recollection.
TajMaballer
AG
Episode 9 is usually the oh s**t moment:
Season 1-Ned
Season 2-Blackwater
Season 3-Red Wedding
Season 4-Battle on the Wall

I will say Season 4 had plenty of Oh S**T moments throughout the entire season though. Episode 9 is usually a good climax though.
mattvswild
AG
Just a random musing, but I wonder if Cersei/Marg being in jail is a point where Tommen exemplifies Daario's words to Danny, re: you're the butcher or the meat. Either he flips out and kills all the sparrows or does something to get himself killed. In any case, that character is crying out for a grow up moment.

Also, **** Theon.
aggietony2010
AG
Looking forward to Sansa utilizing that corkscrew she picked up. I'm thinking she takes things into her own hands, and Theon or Brienne is there to finish the job.
AggieHank86
AG
As royalty, Jaimie obviously got nice treatment while in captivity, as seems to be the Westerosi standard for every captor except Catelyn Stark and the High Sparrow. But I was worried Bronn would find himself in a dark, stinking black cell.

Fortunately Dornish prisons seem nicer than those in the other six Kingdoms. Windows ... open, airy accommodations ... even a burlesque floorshow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kill him in his sleep, climb the tower in the middle if the night and light the candle.
Seven Costanza
AG
Just curious, but who is next in line if Tommen dies? Is it his sister or Margery?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Eldest daughter if all the boys are dead. So his sister.
Natasha Romanoff
I wonder if we find out Margaery is pregnant at some point this season and that's what forces Tommen's hand.

I thought Reek would have stepped up and not given in to Ramsey.
Stive
AG
Good question.

Stannis maybe? Since he'd be the only Baratheon still going?

On a slightly separate note.....anyone think Stannis goes through with the Red Woman's recommendation about his daughter? They've been hinting to something happening to her this season with her serious conversation with him a few episodes back and then the conversation last night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If he does it, I'm done with Stannis.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Just curious, but who is next in line if Tommen dies? Is it his sister or Margery?
I don't think that a woman is eligible for the crown in Westeros. He has no children and no male siblings. I think it goes next to siblings of his father ... Stannis.
mattvswild
AG
I'd like to revisit/expand my meat/butcher comment to include just about all these other fools striving for power. It looks like there's lots of big, tough decisions coming up:

- Stannis and his daughter
- Danny and Jorah (and Tyrion, and the Harpies)
- Tommen and his wife and mom

Even Sansa could fit that mold, but she's not really seeking power (that we know of). Anyway, the end of this season should be good, but I expect a few deaths.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So then what would be the point of Dany's plotline?

Should be Tommen then myrcella then Stannis.
mattvswild
AG
Assuming she can tame those dragons, I think they trump Westerosi customs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Overall rating of the Dorne storyline
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Stannis is in open rebellion against the crown and therefore has given up any legal claim to the throne.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
So then what would be the point of Dany's plotline?

Should be Tommen then myrcella then Stannis.
The Targs made their own rules. They also engaged in incestuous marriage, among other things. I think my comment was correct under pre-Landing Westerosi law.
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Sand Snake scene last night. But didn't it seem totally unnecessary? Like the show knew they had been lacking on tittays this season and added it to fill the cable TV boobie quota. Most all of the other gratuitous nude scenes had good character development in them. The crazy girl/girl scene with Roz showed Littlefinger as a shrewd pragmatic businessman/politician, Dany's first few scenes set up her and Drogo's relationship, etc. Obviously some of these are nudity for the sake of it being a cable show, but most all of them had plot points attached.

This scene with Bronn seemed pointless except to show some nudity. He sings, she tells him he's poisoned, we see some nice boobies, he gets cured. Why even have the poisonous cut as a plot point? Again, I'm not complaining, just an observation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.