***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

577,875 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
AggieDPT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Littlefinger is working on all this to end up having control of the north. And I'm assuming he's taking her to Dany as well.
boogieman
AG
I think she'll get her chance when Stannis attacks.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
And daaaaamn Snow. Showing some balls right off the bat.

The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.
jamaggie06
AG
I was thinking he might let him live when he gave him last words, if he said the right things; they need men on the wall. But when he went full *****, he showed he was worthless and nothing but trouble. Snow had no choice but to follow through.

And I like the Arya storyline. Though, she has to know they saw her hiding Needle.
mazzag
AG
quote:
My money is on Baelish doing something.

He poisoned Goeffery for what happened at the Red Wedding. How can he not hate the man who stabbed Rob and slit Cats throat?

He's out for himself. I know he loved Cat but killing Geoffrey wasn't revenge. Just necessary to get to Sansa. Who now can rally the north for the Bolton's and will somehow help Peter in the long run. He rules the Erie now.
CheeseSndwch
So do y'all think Jorah spent some time with the Mother of Dragons prostitute or was it just a coincidence he was in that brothel?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
My money is on Baelish doing something.

He poisoned Goeffery for what happened at the Red Wedding. How can he not hate the man who stabbed Rob and slit Cats throat?

He's out for himself. I know he loved Cat but killing Geoffrey wasn't revenge. Just necessary to get to Sansa. Who now can rally the north for the Bolton's and will somehow help Peter in the long run. He rules the Erie now.

I agree that he is done doing anything for Cat, but I don't think he is really teaming with the Boltons. He did tell her to avenge her family after all. Sansa can likely rally the North herself which would provide him with a much more stable and agreeable northern ally. If he ends up with her for himself it expands his direct power too.
mazzag
AG
Absolutely he has no debt to pay the Bolton's. Margery's grandmother needed him first and they are the wealthiest. I'm sure he's hoping to end around back to Sansa in the future.
mazzag
AG
I don't trust olie FWIW.
Sentinel
AG
He looked like he was going to murder someone.
Jackass2004
AG
I still think Hot Pie is going to win it all.
InternetFan02
AG
What do the Tyrell's want and what else are they doing now to secure power? Lord Tyrell looks like a fully grown wizard of Oz munchkin. The old lady pulls all the strings - where is she? Clearly they got Margaery installed as Queen and she should start popping out heirs but they must recognize the power vacuum with Tywin gone? We know they were allies with Renly Baratheon. How is their relationship with Dorne? What's the Flower Knight going to do? I have a feeling Cersei and the Zombie Mountain are going to successfully marginalize them - Zombie Mountain kills Flower Knight?

Also Tommen is what 15-16 years old? Living the dream
TheCougarHunter
AG
I bet Jorah takes Tyrion to Mother of Dragons to win her back and she makes him fight in the arena.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm interested to see how it all goes down with Jorah, Varys and Tyrion. I still think they were in that city to find Jorah, so I don't know if Jorah capturing Tyrion really changes anything.

Will also be Interesting to see Sansa and Theon interact.
jbanda
AG
You could imply that from the trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who's the flower knight? Oberyn's brother?
zap
AG
Ramsay's little girlfriend/hunting partner was not happy that Sansa arrived and is betrothed to her favorite sadist. Sansa had better be on her toes.

Flower Knight = Loras Tyrell
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weird, I don't remember that nickname at all.
Stive
AG
quote:

He's been around since season one during the jousting tournament, banged Renly Baratheon, referred to often, rode in to save the Lannisters during the battle for Kings Landing, is engaged to Cersei, etc.

He's not a major major player, but he's not obscure either.
cajunaggie08
AG
quote:
They mention his nickname alot more in the books. I never really picked up on it from the show....crap does this mean i'm banned now? I'll go to the wall. anything but death!
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
The nickname is actually "Knight of Flowers"
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
quote:
They mention his nickname alot more in the books. I never really picked up on it from the show....crap does this mean i'm banned now? I'll go to the wall. anything but death!
Send him to.....Detroit! /Dr. Klahn
TX AG 88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Send him to.....Detroit! /Dr. Klahn

blue star for you sir. was torn between the star and laugh/cry, but def star-worthy!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, I'm quite aware who Ser Loras is. I said the nickname.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
Yes, I'm quite aware who Ser Loras is. I said the nickname.

Just refer to him as the gay flower night dude and everyone will know who you're talking about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The scene between Cersei and Margery was fantastic. You could see the hatred seething from every inch of Cersei's face. And I love that Margery knows exactly what she's doing and how much she's pissing her off.

Solid acting by both.
COOL LASER FALCON
Highlight of the episode for me.

"I wish we had some wine to offer you. It's a bit early for us."

I also thought it was weird how much I didn't want Arya to throw Needle away. They've killed off so many characters, but for some reason I didn't have as strong a reaction to any of them as I was about to have to Arya ditching Needle.
TX AG 88
AG
yeah, but it shows she's not fully committed. As sad as it would have been, I wanted her to make the bold move and toss it.

hiding needle was a half-measure.
COOL LASER FALCON
Definitely. And I fully expect it to bite her in the ass.
Aggie Infantry
AG
They have not caught us up on the young, crippled Stark who is north of the wall.

Also, what of the white walkers? I recall them building up an army to head south.
Pignorant
AG
quote:
They have not caught us up on the young, crippled Stark who is north of the wall.

It is already confirmed that he will not appear in this season.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Definitely. And I fully expect it to bite her in the ass.

She wants to learn the kung fu, but her goal is vengeance. She doesn't want to forget her past, and that's going to ultimately mean a premature parting of ways between her and the Faceless Men training program.
combat wombat™
AG
Margerie is really brilliant. She's getting under Cersei's skin, making her squirm... but in a way no one could/would ever question her "sweetness". She's dangerous.
Squirrel Master
AG
I liked that we got confirmation that FrankenMountain will be with us soon.

Jorah has definitely banged Mother of Dragons pro. I enjoyed that dress... Dany should wear it.

Margery is playing the game very well. Manipulating Tommen, basically convincing him he can't really be a a man until Cersei is gone. Brilliant.

My main things from the show - With Brienne headed to Winterfell, I think Sansa gets a glimpse of who Ramsay really is and she shows up in the nick of time. Brienne kills Boltons, and now Sansa has the North to herself. Alternatively, Jon hears Sansa is being forced to marry the Bolton boy and he heads down there to rescue her. He's struggled with the idea that he hears all these stories about brothers and sisters, but can do nothing about them. He only knows the fate of Robb, he has no idea where anyone else is. The knowledge that he can help one who is so nearby I think will be a temptation he won't resist. Though it seems unlikely, I could also imagine a scenario where Brienne ends up joining the Night's Watch as an end result of all these events. Also, the obvious setup we see for her impending encounter with Stannis in the North.

The other thing - I'm concerned now with the Arya storyline. Up until this episode, it had been one of my favorite, but I'm concerned it could turn boring. In the short term, there will still be some interesting things as she begins training and the struggle to give up Arya for being a Nobody (this struggle obviously symbolized by Needle). My concern comes from how the Faceless Men need her to give up her identity, which will require her to give up her Revenge Hit List. It seems to be a very Jedi-thing to me, that she can't be a Faceless Man until she can let that hate go. So one of two things happens... either she fails her training and returns to the world, or she accepts it and becomes a badass with no independent soul, only the dedication to the many-faced God. Clearly tons of ways they can handle this storyline and they may be able to accomplish the good things here without the downsides I forsee. Really just my stream of consciousness concern that flowed though me during the scene she was dumping her stuff in the water.

Lots of rambling there, hopefully some sensical.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.