***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

569,996 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailer

Counting down the days to April 12th. Watching it in IMAX got me even more excited for this.

Predictions? Things you're hoping to see?

Note: If you've read the books, please no spoilers or comparisons to the books. If you can't help yourself, just stay off the thread.

[Due to some posters not being able to act like adults, we are adding this warning as of 4/21/15. If you are thinking about putting a book spoiler or comparison on this thread, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN? If you are thinking about posting something that MAY be a spoiler from the book, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN. Yes, it's a big ban, but we don't want to have to babysit this thread due to adults that act like children and think that it's funny to ruin things for other people. There is the warning. If you get banned for thirty days and your email simple says "Spoilers on the Entertainment Forum", don't whine to us because that means that you didn't take time to read this warning. Have a nice day. -Staff]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My predictions:
  • Tyrion and Varys will join Danaerys at some point this season.
  • Sansa will take up vengeance against the Freys and/or Boltons. (Pretty serious foreshadowing by Littlefinger.)
  • Jaime becomes the new Hand of the King.
  • Stannis stays in the North to battle the white walkers.
What I want to see:
  • Bran warg into a dragon. (Guessing this happens near the end of the series though.)
  • What the hell happened to Gendry.
  • A Stark reunion (I know, never gonna happen.)
  • Dany to get her ass in gear and head to Westeros.
HtownAg92
AG
You forgot about Arya - she's going to train to be a bad-a$$ then wreck shop in Westeros. Whether part of the Danny Team or on her own, we'll see.

She did show great interest in the history of the dragons and greatly admired the female Targaryan who rode one, so teaming up with Danny and her dragons may be the route she goes.
Quinn
AG
quote:

What I want to see:
  • Bran warg into a dragon. (Guessing this happens near the end of the series though.)

Bran isn't in this season at all, right? Pretty sure I read that on HitFix or somewhere.
dahouse
AG
  • Dany sans clothes
  • Margery sans clothes
  • more dragons
  • walkers wrecking shop
  • Tyrion rise again
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Sex Panther
AG
Sansa will end up killing Littlefinger
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:

What I want to see:

Bran isn't in this season at all, right? Pretty sure I read that on HitFix or somewhere.
I'm scared to Google because of spoilers, but that would make the season 4 finale even more of a WTF.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Sansa will end up killing Littlefinger
Agreed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And I thought I'd heard that about Bran too, but I think it might just be Hodor. Though that raises even more questions.
COOL LASER FALCON
Huh. No Bran or Hodor

quote:
HBO's hit series Game of Thrones will be down another Stark in the upcoming seasonBran Stark and his trusted companion Hodor will not appear in Season 5. Kristian Nairn, who plays the giant Hodor (catchphrase: "Hodor") in the series, told an Australian broadcast network that both he and the actor who plays Bran will be on hiatus during Season 5.

"We have a season off and we have a year's hiatus, solely because I imagine our storyline is up to the end of the books," Nairn said.

At any rate, Nairn seems to have some pretty epic plans for his time off; namely, the Thrones-themed DJ tour "Rave of Thrones" that Nairn is currently hosting across Australia.
RAB97
AG
quote:
the Thrones-themed DJ tour "Rave of Thrones" that Nairn is currently hosting across Australia

Throw your Hodor in the Hodor, and Hodor around like Hodor just don't Hodor!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that sucks.

I understand books 4 and 5 happen concurrently, so presumably, he could be kept out of next season as well.
Say Chowdah
AG
For the trailer, it is a cut allusion that Varys is referring to Danerys. But he could be referring to Sansa Stark or Margery Tyrell too.
Big Al 1992
AG
Special on HBO tonight! A Day in the Life
The Debt
BES. Not to steal your thunder, but I don't think a member of the kingsguard may have title. They forsake "land and title" just like the night's watch.

Hand of the king is a political position, as political as Warden of the west or master of coin. The kingsguard is apolitical, which is why Ned gave Robert's will to barriston.
Eugene4x
AG
Thanks for making this thread. Love the TV show only discussion. Hate it when back story from books shows up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You may have a point.

Should be interesting to see who the new one is then. Can it be a woman?
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
BES. Not to steal your thunder, but I don't think a member of the kingsguard may have title. They forsake "land and title" just like the night's watch.

Hand of the king is a political position, as political as Warden of the west or master of coin. The kingsguard is apolitical, which is why Ned gave Robert's will to barriston.
The Lannisters have shown that they give two F***s about the rules - Cersei ripping up King Robert's letter, Tywin (RIP) trying to give Jamie land/title after he disavowed all of them to be kings guard, etc. If they want Jamie to be hand, who will stop them?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Cersei ripping up King Robert's letter
Every time I watch this it pisses me off. The Kingsguard is supposed to be loyal only to the King, and Ser Barristan just watches and lets this happen. Shouldn't Cersei be labeled a traitor at that point?
wangus12
AG
The link below is a 25 minute video about a day of shooting GoT and how hard the crew works to make this show possible.

There were no spoilers that I saw unless you consider the specific name of a location or 2.

A Day in the Life
ChipFTAC01
AG
April is a LOOONG way away
Say Chowdah
AG
New Hand of the King... Hmm. Robert threatened Ned that he was going to give it to Jamie in season 1. So I think it is possible.

Whether he would do it or not, I don't know. But then it would end up with Uncle Keven or perhaps someone from Dorne?

If a woman were allowed, Lady Olenna Tyrell would make an awesome Hand of the King.

Also of note, the small council is smaller now that Tywin is dead, Balish is gone and Varys hightailed it out of Kings Landing. Should make for some interesting substitutions.
The Debt
quote:
You may have a point.

I don't see why not. More often than not it's the head of a household because the house has won the trust of the targaryen king. Since Robert's Rebellion many of traditions are up for grabs, I suppose if the king taps someone to serve the realm it is the king's prerogative.

Btw, there is one family where the head of household is passed female to female.

To the poster that said the lannisters are making it up as they go along, yes and no. As you recall Tywin wanted to have the king "pardon" Jaime from his duty from the kingsguard so that Jaime may have title again and be successor to house lannister (remember joffrey, tommen are legally barratheons). Kings can "elevate" people if they choose.

But here's the thing with jaime, he is allowed to say no. That is why Tywin didn't do it the moment he reclaimed the hand pin. Jaime has no desire for title, but he was willing to if it saved tyrion. So now that tyrion is gone, as is daddy, does he want to be the lannister now?
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
My predictions:
  • Sansa will take up vengeance against the Freys and/or Boltons. (Pretty serious foreshadowing by Littlefinger.)
  • Jaime becomes the new Hand of the King.
  • Stannis stays in the North to battle the white walkers.
What I want to see:
  • What the hell happened to Gendry.
  • A Stark reunion (I know, never gonna happen.)
  • Dany to get her ass in gear and head to Westeros.

Dude it's George RR Martin. Well be lucky if all of this happens by the end of season 13.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
New trailer is SICK.

Stive
AG
Yes please!

Can't wait!!!!!!
boy09
AG
quote:
My predictions:

The Free Cities, where Tyrion and Varys are heading, are on the western coast of Essos, still quite a long way from Meereen. And Dany's crew doesn't seem real eager to leave Meereen any time soon. They'd be way more likely to cross paths with Arya who's heading to Braavos.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
quote:
You may have a point.

But here's the thing with jaime, he is allowed to say no. That is why Tywin didn't do it the moment he reclaimed the hand pin. Jaime has no desire for title, but he was willing to if it saved tyrion. So now that tyrion is gone, as is daddy, does he want to be the lannister now?

I like this line of consideration! (Which is probably why it won't happen! Above table talk here JRR Martin doesn't give a half a sheet at doing want fans want!)
Finn Maccumhail
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wish Jaime would forge his own path and get away from his **** sister.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
11 more days!
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I wish Jaime would forge his own path and get away from banging his sister.

FIFY
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two days! Can't wait.
The Debt
CoolaidWade
AG
quote:
  • Dany sans clothes

Yes. And if I was George Martin I would specifically write the next book with the number one goal being getting her naked as much as possible. He has so much power right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.