Black Sails, Season 2. (Spoilers)

13,368 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PatAg
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure the answer to the "how did Vane get to Charleston" question, but as far as landing undetected, if you've ever been to Charleston you know it is a series of islands, rivers and inlets that could very easily conceal a ship.

So now that Jack is no longer worried about being destroyed upon return with the Urca gold, he will soon set off to gather it. I also predict that Vane will also go after it once he secures Flint's ship. And then newly pardoned Flint will be provided one of those war ships to go after Vane to bring him to justice for his piracy. Leading to a massive three-way naval battle for all the marbles (gold).
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
Not sure the answer to the "how did Vane get to Charleston" question, but as far as landing undetected, if you've ever been to Charleston you know it is a series of islands, rivers and inlets that could very easily conceal a ship.

So now that Jack is no longer worried about being destroyed upon return with the Urca gold, he will soon set off to gather it. I also predict that Vane will also go after it once he secures Flint's ship. And then newly pardoned Flint will be provided one of those war ships to go after Vane to bring him to justice for his piracy. Leading to a massive three-way naval battle for all the marbles (gold).

Well, that's kind of close to actual history (w/ the exception of a huge gold haul and a Flint/Hornigold character switch).
AgKJ
AG
After really being into this show, I'm on the bubble about staying in now.

Reasons to keep watching:
Silver
Vane
Billy Bones
Original Anne (before they screwed up her character; hope they back her out of that)
Awesome battles at sea
Jelly boobs
Randall

Reasons to stop:
Gay Flint scenes
New empowered girly Anne (or whatever she is)
Whiny blonde Nassau governor girl (has exactly two modes - pleading or b*tching)
Every boring prissy English wig-guy scenes - can't keep any of them straight and don't care to

Looks like for now, I'm still in thanks to Randall.
Al Bula
AG
This show is getting harder and harder to watch. I'm playing on my phone for about 75% of an episode.
Thunder18
AG
Well I definitely wasnt expecting all of that to happen
Centerpole90
AG
I like it
AgKJ
AG
quote:
After really being into this show, I'm on the bubble about staying in now.

Reasons to keep watching:
Silver
Vane
Billy Bones
Original Anne (before they screwed up her character; hope they back her out of that)
Awesome battles at sea
Jelly boobs
Randall

Reasons to stop:
Gay Flint scenes
New empowered girly Anne (or whatever she is)
Whiny blonde Nassau governor girl (has exactly two modes - pleading or b*tching)
Every boring prissy English wig-guy scenes - can't keep any of them straight and don't care to

Looks like for now, I'm still in thanks to Randall. ;)

Well, crap. RIP, Randall.
Belton Ag
AG
Will be a good season ending next week.

Then we have to wait 9 months for the new season.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Yep.

And I just hope they don't kill off Billy Bones. He's my favorite character.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:
Yep.

And I just hope they don't kill off Billy Bones. He's my favorite character.

Me too...I think he is safe based on what this show is supposed to be a prequel to
BigTimeAlum
AG
Well, that show just got significantly better. Wow, what a turn.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Damn good shot (for a smooth bore)...
Belton Ag
AG
I'm disappointed they killed off Miranda, I liked her. But it might be good motivation for Flint to wreck shop next season. I'm hoping to see him personally take out the dude that shot her.

Flint said he was ready to give up Captain Flint and go back to being James McGraw, but now he'll embrace being Captain Flint like never before.
Centerpole90
AG
Agree. It's on now.

Are we sure of a season 3?
Thunder18
AG
quote:
I'm disappointed they killed off Miranda, I liked her. But it might be good motivation for Flint to wreck shop next season. I'm hoping to see him personally take out the dude that shot her.

Flint said he was ready to give up Captain Flint and go back to being James McGraw, but now he'll embrace being Captain Flint like never before.

I agree with everything you posted
Southlake
"You were right , Billy, in the eyes of the British, there's no difference between. Flynt and me..."

- Charles Vane.

And, who thought the crucified body in the fort was Vane initially?

And, now we're getting to just the good pirate stuff, Matey, arrrg!
Belton Ag
AG
*sigh*

Now we gotta wait 9 months.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:

And, who thought the crucified body in the fort was Vane initially?

I did.

Great finale, awesome seeing the town get destroyed.

Great setup for next season... Looking forward to Blackbeard!
BigTimeAlum
AG
How crazy if that was they way it actually went down. 9/11 would be compared in the history of our country with that event.
Texas 1836
AG
Good googley goo. This show has turned into one of my favorites.

And when Vane's Lieutenant was holding the hammer and they put John on the table, I thought, "So that's how he loses it ..."

Question - When Billy storms in and hacks the Lieutenant, are we to assume his blow was so fierce it went through him and killed the guy behind him?

And you are right, it's gonna be a long 9 months.
Centerpole90
AG
Watched the finale last night. Great season wrap up. Black Sails definitely trended upward in 2015.
Thunder18
AG
Very pleased with season 2, hopefully we will get to see the pirates and Navy engaging in some ship-to-ship battles in season 3
Aggie Infantry
AG
Great show. Gonna be a long break b/t seasons.
Southlake
One long scene of Vane and Flynt escaping reminded me of the long scene in True Detective!

Outstanding season ender!!
Burrus86
Texas 1836
AG
I've watched this episode (or parts) several times now.

It is so well done.

The scene where they start removing John's leg at the same time they lay waste to the town, they way they muted the sound was chilling. There are some talented people in this show.
PatAg
AG
Man, that finale was better than most movies i have scene, action wise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.