Black Sails, Season 2. (Spoilers)

13,370 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PatAg
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very nice start to the new season. Very cool time clip from London of a young Flynt
Al Bula
AG
I'm trying hard to stay interested in the non-Flint storylines in the present. Will be interesting to see what happens now that they've captured the galleon.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
I'm trying hard to stay interested in the non-Flynn storylines in the present. Will be interesting to see what happens now that they've captured the galleon.

Same thoughts here. Was falling asleep during non flint parts.
Thunder18
AG
Thought it was a pretty solid start
RC_57
AG
So that WAS a young Flynt.
Thanks for unintentionally clearing that up.

I thought that was supposed to be him, but I heard him introduce himself under another name.

So I was confused.

(Would also help if it wasn't so damn long between seasons...)
NC2001
AG
I quit watching Season 1 after three episodes; it was just going too slow in my opinion. Is it worth sucking it up and watching the entire season 1 and then watching season 2?
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
I quit watching Season 1 after three episodes; it was just going too slow in my opinion. Is it worth sucking it up and watching the entire season 1 and then watching season 2?

Eh, if you're bored and don't have any other shows you want to catch up on. It's ok, but nothing special.
Southlake
Yep. Good show to DVR and watch in the off season.
PatAg
AG
Enjoyable, especially anything involving the ships. I wish they could have done more than focus primarily on the *****house in the actual town, but would probably cost too much to show more of it consistently.
Professor
Your answer will be the deciding factor about whether I try to pick this up again....is Billy Bones back?
Al Bula
AG
You can assume Billy Bones will be back because of Treasure Island.
Thunder18
AG
I always wondered the same thing about Billy...I would guess IF he is still alive that he got picked up by the ship that the Walrus was running from on the night he "fell" overboard
HtownAg92
AG
The new captain Ned Low is intriguing and hopefully gets more air time than the mumbling, whispering, squinting Vane.

I looked him up on Wiki and he's actually a real historical pirate. His brutality toward captors is factual.

I guess I needed to rewatch the end of Season 1, but why is the brothel owner getting beat down all the time?
Belton Ag
AG
He sold out just about every crew on the island throughout the last season. He's based on an actual pirate as well - 'Calico' Jack Rackham was a pirate captain and sailed with two female pirates, Anne Bonny (who's in Black Sails) and Mary Read.

It's kind of interesting how they mix historical characters with fictional characters in this show. So far I've been able to figure out the following:

Captain Flint - fictional
John Silver - fictional
Captain Vane - real
Captain Hornigold - real
Jack Rackham - real
Anne Bonney - real
Ned Low - real
Biily Bones - fictional
Eleanor Guthrie - fictional
Duncan Idaho
So far season 2 is head and shoulders above season 1
Belton Ag
AG
Yep. I'm hoping it doesn't start to drag like last season.
bbattbq01
AG
Agreed, great second ep. Loved flint.
Cibalo
I'm really enjoying this season more than last. I think in S1 they spent a lot of time developing characters and showing how the economy/govt of Nassau works. This season I think they are able to just get on with the story. I like how much of the ships we have seen so far.

And yes Billy Bones is back. That was him tied down on the beach.
Thunder18
AG
This season has been a lot more intriguing
Centerpole90
AG
Came here looking for the official thread - I guess this is it.

Really enjoying season 2. I also get bogged down with some of the stuff on shore but the Ned Low plot line just jumped into hyper-drive this week. Do we know anything about the young girl 'precious cargo' they captured?
Southlake
Nope. Quite a hook there. And, Ned sure is charming...

deep94
AG
And there goes Ned.
Centerpole90
AG
Daum.
Belton Ag
AG
Kind of surprised they took him out so soon.
rbtexan
S
quote:
And there goes Ned.
Hard for a pirate to get ahead *rimshot*
Thunder18
AG
Im kinda disappointed they took Ned out so soon, I was looking forward to seeing him continue to terrorize Nassau
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
The new captain Ned Low is intriguing and hopefully gets more air time than the mumbling, whispering, squinting Vane.
Oh well.

That seems like an opportunity wasted. They could have built up the tension all season long, with Flynt thrown in the mix, then had a three-way c*** fight for all the marbles in the season finale. Now we are back with Flynt and Vane glaring at each other menacingly for the rest of the season.
Aggie Infantry
AG
PH
Centerpole90
AG
I wonder if they killed Ned to make room for more storylines. I too think he went too soon - but it looks like Rackman in going to build a crew and the Rackman/Bonny/Max storyline is gaining momentum. We know that Billy is coming back and we're going to have to follow him on his own path with the Spaniards, so there's that. I dunno, just a thought.

What are Flynt's plans? Is he going to bombard the harbor?
Belton Ag
AG
I think Flint is going to unload on the fort; he has to if he wants to bring that gold back to Nassau.
Al Bula
AG
Episode 3 was a step forward. It's getting better. Clara Paget (Anne Bonney) is so hot.
aggie93
AG
So far Season 2 is much better than 1. Season 1 just dragged and then it would occasionally have a cool scene or 2. Part of me wonders if they blew half the budget for the season on the Ship of the Line scene where it unloaded on them in the finale which I must admit was one of the coolest images I've seen on TV.

This season is much more pirate focused and ruthless whereas last season seemed bogged down in developing the relationships that no one cared about. I was surprised they took out Captain Low so quickly but hopefully they can keep up the momentum.
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
Just got caught up on the dvr, this season is already miles ahead of last season, as has been said. The flashbacks are great, I really want to know what's going on with Mrs Barlow, I feel like there is either way more going on with her or nothing special at all.
Aggie Infantry
AG
ttt
Al Bula
AG
The Flint backstory is picking up. Interested to see how Billy Bones comes back into the show as a contributor. It was surprising to see the governor come back. I'm still having a really hard time caring about the storylines on shore otherwise.

Do I have this straight? The old guy on the ship wants the fort back. If Flint does not blow the fort up and remove Vane, the old guy will not lend Flint the men he needs to take the gold from the stranded Spaniards.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.