Togetherness

1,534 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Inspector Spacetime
cab595
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone else watching this? Curious what people think, besides getting to see Amanda Peet's (.)(.)

I thought first two episodes were good, but last night not so much. The whiney / depressed wife act is sort of tiring.
texican08
AG
I think it's an underwhelming show that has already been done 100 times.
Btron
AG
Based off the previews I couldn't. The theme of depression is cool and I'm so lonely and sad, blah blah blah, I can't stand it. It's not cool, it's not up lifting, it's not healthy, it's been done and it seems lazy.
Give me Dragons, Islands, Meth, and Baltimore.
Duncan Idaho
Good or bad, it feels like every other duplass brothers project....for me that is good.
Jim01
AG
I'm sticking with it. Nothing wildly original so far but it's still a good show.
thats what I do
AG
I like it a lot.
Btron
AG
Well I'll be first to admit that I was wrong, not completely wrong but wrong.
There is quite a bit of humor in this. The Strawberry line had me rolling. Eating donuts and the awkward sex scene was very funny.
I'll keep up with it because there is nothing really else on now.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My roommate and I have been really enjoying it so far.

My favorite character is Alex, the "tweener" actor friend who isn't fat enough for fat guy roles nor skinny enough for leading work. He's been pretty funny in this self-assured self-deprecating way, along with his interactions with Amanda Peet the last episode or two.

I also really enjoyed the scene with Mark Duplass and his wife trying to dominate him in the bedroom unsuccessfully.

Don't really care if it's "been done 100 times before," it's a funny show so far and has been renewed for a second season. If it goes the way it's been going, I'll stick with it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.