Man on Wire

1,935 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by twenty two ags
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Showed this documentary to my SO over the weekend. She always gets tired watching movies so we split this one up between 2 days. I think a lot of the effect of this film, and what it had on me when I 1st saw it, was lost through the split up viewing. Also, she was worried about her little pup that she's had less than a week I feel like half the time. Doesn't help when half of the film is subtitled.

Anyone else think this film especially would be hindered by splitting up the viewing into 2 days? She liked it, but I think it could have been more.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Weird ass topic, bruh.
boy09
AG
There are few things more frustrating than showing a movie/tv show to someone that you really think they will like, and they just won't focus and pay attention...
jeffk
AG
Show her the first half of Man on Wire the first night and then the second half of Man on Fire the second night.

See if she was paying attention.
The Milkman
AG
I really like documentaries...and i know everyone loves this one... but I found it boring as hell and could barely get through it. I dont blame your wife
israeliag
AG
quote:
Show her the first half of Man on Wire the first night and then the second half of Man on Fire the second night.

Chipotlemonger
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

staedtler
quote:
Also, she was worried about her little pup that she's had less than a week I feel like half the time. Doesn't help when half of the film is subtitled.

Anyone else think this film especially would be hindered by splitting up the viewing into 2 days? She liked it, but I think it could have been more.
Puppy vs. Documentary? Doc loses every time.
double aught
AG
quote:
I really like documentaries...and i know everyone loves this one... but I found it boring as hell and could barely get through it. I dont blame your wife
I wouldn't go that far, but I thought it was pretty slow at times. Disappointing considering the hype. Could've been half an hour long.
dreyOO
quote:
Weird ass topic, bruh.

Ha. Agreed. That said, I never saw Forrest Hump in one sitting. I always caught 10-15 minutes at a time. Never thought I was any good but then again, maybe because I screwed up the flow.
jeffk
AG
Forrest Hump, huh?
Sex Panther
AG
I usually only catch about 10-15 minutes of Forrest Hump at a time as well
double aught
dreyOO
hahahaha....yep, i can never make it longer than a few minutes.
Professor Frick
AG
"You can sit here if you want..."
twenty two ags
has anybody seen my phone?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.