Backstrom

3,003 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SeanDaAg2005
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone catch this last night on Fox? After all of the promos during the NFL games for the last few weeks (and Dennis Haysbert on the Ticket) I wanted to check it out.

Seemed OK. There were some "*******" lines that seemed just too forced. Kind of a similar concept to any Sherlock Holmes-y type show with the hyper observant detective that can figure things out that no one else can (Monk, Mentalist, Columbo, Forever, etc). Group of misfit cops that work on his team (although I'm not sure 100% what his team is. At times he seemed to be talking like he was a traffic cop that was doing extra work, and at times it seemed like he was in charge of a special crimes group.

It was ok. My wife didn't really like it, but I'll probably give it a few more episodes before I bail.
Quinn
AG
Didn't watch it, but found it funny that he is wearing a hat for Portland, Maine, on a show based in Portland, Oregon.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Watching the previews to the show, it didn't look like it was a real, honest-to-God show.

It looked like a parody of those kinds of dysfunctional-cop shows that you might see on Funny or Die, Comedy Bang Bang or Key and Peele. I seriously thought the preview was a joke.

But, it's a real show. And I don't see it lasting beyond one season.
COOL LASER FALCON
I agree with you on the feel of the show, but I think you're wrong about the duration. I imagine this will be a hit.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Watched it, but got a feeling of House M.D. 2.0 with a detective as the main character instead of a doctor.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Watched it, but got a feeling of House M.D. 2.0 with a detective as the main character instead of a doctor.
Close.

Backstrom is House 3.0, where the main character is a detective

House 2.0 was called Rake and the main character was a lawyer
Shelton98
AG
quote:
quote:
Close.

Backstrom is House 3.0, where the main character is a detective

House 2.0 was called Rake and the main character was a lawyer

I liked Rake. Backstrom, so far, is meh. Everytime the Allstate guy spoke in this show I thought they had gone to commercial.
Counterpoint
AG
I thought House was actually Sherlock Holmes 2.0!
Aggie Infantry
AG
The Rib and I liked it. It will stay on our DVR schedule.
chipotle
Looked terrible in the previews. Will not watch.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I thought House was actually Sherlock Holmes 2.0!
Ding, ding, ding!

Which makes Backstrom Sherlock 4.0.
jackie childs
i thought it was just ok. will give it another episode or two to see if it picks up a little.

i think the only part i laughed at was the "black balls" line.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'll be interested to see how Haysbert is worked into the team. he can be a great actor/character.
annie88
AG
Like Rainn, loved the Dwight character and sort of liked this. But thought it was trying too hard.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I agree with the person who said the previews made it look a parody in a sketch show.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.