NETFLIX recommendations 1/20

4,515 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
staedtler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Feel free to add to this list, but i thought I would throw out a small list of recent Neflix views that were really captivating and interesting. I love a good documentary or historical piece.

Monarchy - A 2 season journey through the history of English rule
Das Boot - this one comes and goes on Netflix, but is certainly one I have watched numerous times. If you haven't watched it, I highly suggest it . One of the best chronicles of life on a submarine and WWII naval battles under the sea. This is the shorter version and is subtitled.
Mystery of a Masterpiece - chronicles a 2007 potential discovery of an unknown Leo Da Vinci painting
Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace- touches the surface of the history, but very very interesting
TheDraw
AG
Firefly
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Firefly
Careful when you recommend this!

People who haven't seen will be like, "Oh, this is that show that only ran for a short bit but the fans swear it was the best thing ever and are all mad about it... lol @ the nerds."

And then they watch it and will be like, "Those a$$ hats at Fox ruined the show!!!!! What a bunch of #$@%# #$@^ ^#$@%^^. I hope they are still firing people over this! When is Joss Whedon done with Avengers so he can reboot the series!?"

Do you really want to be responsible for that!
NoHo Hank
AG
quote:
quote:
Firefly
Careful when you recommend this!

People who haven't seen will be like, "Oh, this is that show that only ran for a short bit but the fans swear it was the best thing ever and are all mad about it... lol @ the nerds."

And then they watch it and will be like, "Those a$ hats at Fox ruined the show!!!!! What a bunch of #$@%# #$@^ ^#$@%^^. I hope they are still firing people over this! When is Joss Whedon done with Avengers so he can reboot the series!?"

Do you really want to be responsible for that!
Rebooting it?? Unpossible. Heresy.
redeyeone
AG
Troll Hunter, Knights of Badassdom, Peaky blinders,
youandwhosearmy
The Bachelor Party (named The Stag in its UK release)

My wife put it on, and I was surprised pretty quickly how funny it was. Laughed out loud through the whole thing. Great flick.
fig96
AG
Snowpiercer.

Troll Hunter was fun too.
zgood10
AG
Broadchurch
israeliag
AG
Just watched three episode of Sirens - great little sitcom
fig96
AG
Also, The IT Crowd.

It's a bit dated, but if you haven't seen it and have worked in any kind of tech or corporate office it's fantastic.
TxAgg07
AG
The Fall & Plinky Blinders are both pretty good. The second season for The Fall just released this week but I haven't watched it yet.
rhutton125
AG
Chuck
Hello there
Freaks and Geeks - The ultimate "cancelled-too-soon" show. A great show with a lot of famous faces before they were famous.
Californication - Seven seasons. Starts out great, dips a bit around season 4, but is still fairly good all the way through.
Primer - Complete mind-**** of a movie.
Melancholia - This one's hard to describe. Sort of an artsy version of an end-of-the-world movie.
SQXVI
AG
Peaky Blinders is awesome
Saxsoon
AG
Black Mirror (British miniseries, Twillight Zone, 6 episodes)
Rewatching Lost right now
Come Back to Me -really really inventive horror film
Helix (tv show)
Snowpiercer
The One I Love - quirky weird Twillight Zone love story
SteadicaTm
AG
Airheads
GinaLinetti
AG
Currently watching Big Fish for the umpteenth time. I forget how beautiful it is until I see it
SWCBonfire
AG
Monarchy - A 2 season journey through the history of English rule

I'm glad I'm not the only person who really enjoyed this.
jr15aggie
AG
Old Boy
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Old Boy
Either Old of the New Version. You will be mind****ed
coupland boy
AG
I watched Silver Linings Playbook recently. Didn't know a thing about it but thought it was great. 5he family was full of crazy!
drewbie08
AG
I started The 4400 this weekend. Intriguing plot, but it's quite obvious it was produced with a B-list budget and actors. Still, I made it through season 1 and am still watching. I like scifi type movies and shows, so I'll ignore a lot of the paradoxes and plot holes in it.
agmatt06
AG
The 4400 was actually a decent silly summer show with several actors who went on to be bigger people from it.

I liked it...it just ends abruptly.
Professor Frick
AG
All of psych is on Netflix now.

I avoided this show in its original run because I assumed it was some dumb show meant for moms.

If you have made that same mistake, mend the error of your ways.
drewbie08
AG
I could see the ending of it being lame or cool. Still have several seasons to go, but I like the premise. A lot of things could be improved upon or better explained. For instance, how can someone who has been gone for over 50 years all of the sudden pick up the skills to be head of security or working on cars, while keeping up with current conversation and not outing yourself as a returnee?

But anyway, I'll keep watching because it is entertaining.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Freaks and Geeks - The ultimate "cancelled-too-soon" show. A great show with a lot of famous faces before they were famous.
Californication - Seven seasons. Starts out great, dips a bit around season 4, but is still fairly good all the way through.
Primer - Complete mind-**** of a movie.
Melancholia - This one's hard to describe. Sort of an artsy version of an end-of-the-world movie.

Melancholic is worth watching for the opening credits alone
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.