*********** no OFFICIAL DOWNTON ABBEY THREAD yet?********

4,237 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AliasMan02
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I missed it please submit for permabanning.

Spoilers obviously -----

Mary is surely going to end up pregnant.

Through two episodes there are no story lines that have sucked me in.
Bitter Old Man
AG
My wife watches this, and we only have 1 TV, so I watch it too. Let me help you with what will happen this season...

- Mary gets found out, because Anna lets it slip and someone overhears it. She decides she's not sure about Gillingham. Awkward glances are exchanged by the family and the servants.

- Carson will not be happy about some modern items coming into the house. Awkward glances are exchanged by the family and the servants.

- Bates will be accused of killing the other guy, but never convicted. Lord Grantham will go to his rescue Bates will then kill Thomas for some quasi-noble reason, solidifying him as a serial killer. Awkward glances are exchanged by the family and the servants.

- Tom will be torn between his life as a noble and his liberal views. Awkward glances are exchanged by the family and the servants.

- The Dowager will make some witty remarks at other's expense that will have historical significance.

- The abbey will walk a fine line between survival and bankruptcy. Awkward glances are exchanged by the family and the servants.

- One of the Crawley girls will be shamed for sleeping with someone from the village. Awkward glances are exchanged by the family and the servants.

That should cover it.
aggiegrad03
AG
Ha! Your predictions cracked me up. My husband hates Downton Abbey and refuses to watch it with me.

I am enjoying this season so far. It is nice that we don't have as many characters in mourning as last season. Hopefully we can see some of them leave the Abbey this season and break out on their own.
91_Aggie
AG
I think they are setting up a divorce for the Granthams.

AliasMan02
AG
Loving it as always. I can't stand Sarah Bunting and I don't feel any chemistry between her and Tom at all. I do love her storyline with Daisy, though.

It's been interesting to see both Mrs. Crawley and Mary handle their suitors.
Bitter Old Man
AG
So far, I am batting 1.000.....
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Loving it as always. I can't stand Sarah Bunting and I don't feel any chemistry between her and Tom at all. I do love her storyline with Daisy, though.

It's been interesting to see both Mrs. Crawley and Mary handle their suitors.
agreed. i really hope she's gone.

i'm also tiring quickly of the Edith baby story line.
Bitter Old Man
AG
The only interesting story lines are Cora's potential affair, and the Russians.

The gay servant, might be interesting to see how it plays out, but I am guessing it ends in Suicide as he seems to be getting self destructive quickly. Thomas has been played like a villian so far, now they have introduced a wrikle that might garner sympathy for him. I wonder if my prediction about Bates killing him will come true. He was certainly picking a fight with him.

Edith's Baby, Mary's Men, Tom's dissonance, seem like old hat..
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

The gay servant, might be interesting to see how it plays out, but I am guessing it ends in Suicide as he seems to be getting self destructive quickly. Thomas has been played like a villian so far, now they have introduced a wrikle that might garner sympathy for him. I wonder if my prediction about Bates killing him will come true. He was certainly picking a fight with him.

i wonder if they went the chemical castration route after The Imitation Game.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
My wife watches this, and we only have 1 TV, so I watch it too.

Translation: I'm the one that remembers to set the DVR if we can't be home on Sunday evening...and I have begun to notice the placement of flatware at restaurants and routinely use it in my evaluations of fine dining establishments.
bdenby
AG
Bitter Old Genius.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Oh, its been set on the DVR for a long time....
G Martin 87
AG
I've been a big fan of DA since the first episode. But I'm so sick of Edith's storyline. She is really dragging this season down.
Wildcat
AG
just watched episode 5. Gotta agree.
Aegrescit medendo
AR_Ag95
AG
Entire season available via iTunes !

Bitter Old Man..... Pretty much summed it up
PhiAggie
AG
quote:

This exactly. Im tired of Marys story. Its boring as she is used goods and has lost her appeal by virtue. I wish Edith and the baby would go away. Robert deserves better. Cora and Carson need to be knocked down a few, and I only really care about Bates storyline even though that is playing out too long. Baxter needs to hurry up and get with the bald dude.
combat wombat™
AG
I can't believe what a HUGE ***** "Lady" Mary is to Edith.
aglaohfour
AG
quote:
I can't believe what a HUGE ***** "Lady" Mary is to Edith.
YES! I've always related to Mary in some ways and am inclined to side with her a lot, but she totally crossed the line with Edith.

I actually appreciate the Edith/Marigold storyline as I think it really humanizes her even though it is definitely a major downer. But, I'm looking at it from a different perspective than many. I've actually watched DA the last couple of years with my daughter's birth mother, but she gave it up a few weeks ago because it was too painful to watch. I was very relieved that she wasn't here watching last night's episode with me!

I was incredibly happy to see Sarah Bunting go last week. Good riddance! Tom can do much better and doesn't need someone who is so disgruntled with life in general.
Counterpoint
AG
Is Bates lying about not killing that guy? (I thought they actually showed him do it...but I could just be Brian Williamsing that part!)
OldArmy71
AG
I actually don't remember if Bates did it or not, or if the ticket stub that was destroyed was torn in half or whole. (He claimed that the whole stub would show he had not actually gone to wherever.)
combat wombat™
AG
I am so glad that "grandma" put Mary in her place tonight. "A lack of compassion can be as vulgar as excessive tears." Lady Mary is simply a complete ***** when it comes to Edith.
CoolaidWade
AG
The dog? Why??
combat wombat™
AG
That dog is OLD. Isis was in the first episodes before WW1; it's the roaring 20s now.
AliasMan02
AG
They're certainly dialing it up leading into the finale, huh?
CoolaidWade
AG
has there ever been a downton abby show where so much happened in one episode? Really messed with my head since the speed of the show was like 10x faster then usual.
Furlock Bones
AG
no talk of the finale?
The Collective
AG
I fell asleep watching the finale. May give it another go in a few days.
Humorous Username
AG
Recorded the finale. The wife and I will probably watch it tonight.

I skipped the last season, but found myself wanting to see how they would continue the series. Looks like the only fresh ideas are the introduction of divorce(s).

If the Bates' are involved in another criminal investigation next season, I will officially be done with this show.
AliasMan02
AG
What a bunch of whiners y'all are. Great season. Really enjoyed watching the family grow more into the modern age.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.