***** The Americans : Season 3 *****

40,192 Views | 350 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting excited for The Americans to get underway again.

Premier airs January 28th.

Trailer:

And for those curious about the soundtrack, it's this remix of the Police classic:
Sex Panther
AG
I've never watched this show, just curious... are you supposed to root for Mr and Mrs Felicity? I mean, they're Soviet spies right?
Keegan99
AG
quote:
I've never watched this show, just curious... are you supposed to root for Mr and Mrs Felicity? I mean, they're Soviet spies right?

Yes and no. While they're certainly anti-heroes of sorts, the viewer doesn't really have a clear rooting interest. It's more about a web of relationships within the rapidly changing Cold War world of the early 80's.

Ultimately we know the Soviets lose, so it's a matter of seeing what happens to these characters - US and Soviet - on that journey, and where they and those around them end up.
Sex Panther
AG
Gotcha... I should probably binge it some time. Seems interesting.
twenty two ags
best show in tv right now. season 2 was really really good.
Duncan Idaho
Why would you not root for them?
Keegan99
AG
quote:

Well that's sort of the conflict for the viewer - and for them, too.

They've become Americans but they're also loyal to the Soviet cause... to a degree. And it's that evolving limit that creates the tension, particularly when it involves their children.
KidDoc
AG
Can't wait!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ellebee
Based on the trailer i saw last night, sounds like they might be bringing paige into the fold. Could be interesting. Claudia was sent off right? Are we to assume she was going to be killed? I cant remember exactly how things ended with her. I know she had that other show so her role was limited.
Pahdz
About time to go watch the last few episodes from last season to get ready
TheDino
AG
So pumped for this!
BBQ4Me
AG
This show and Justified are the best shows on tv. FX keeps putting out great shows
EllisCoAg
AG
NBC has copycat series looks like
Quinn
AG
My favorite show on TV. And I 1000% root for them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:

Keegan summed it up well. I wouldn't say I'm rooting for them when I'm watching the show.

I do root for more scenes of Felicity getting 69'd though.
20ag07
Best show on TV that's not on HBO.
Gameday Bill
AG
In
drivinwest
AG
i really like this show. Good characters--and I like that the main character isn't an alpha male 6 foot 5 bad ass.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
NBC has copycat series looks like
My wife and I saw the commercial for this and don't comprehend how this is not a copyright infringement. It is literally a total ripoff of Americans.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
You simultaneously root for them and the FBI agent who's working their case and trying to catch them.
ellebee
quote:
quote:
You simultaneously root for them and the FBI agent who's working their case and trying to catch them.

This. It's weird. And conflicting.
Corporal Punishment
AG
I root for Phillip. The wife is a cold-hearted commie *****.

Neena is a total babe.

Solid show.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Yeah that nbc show looks like a carbon copy.
SeattleAgJr
Naked Neena is awesomesauce.

Really wish the Martha storyline would just end. The ONLY bad thing about the show is anything dealing with her. Not the actresses' fault, just a dumb storyline.
Keegan99
AG
Good article from my friend Matt Zemek. Season 3 premier is a week from tonight.

http://bloguin.com/theapparty/2015-articles/americans-tv-treat-precisely-refuses-make-viewers-comfortable.html
Ol Jock 99
Keegan99
AG
quote:
Naked Neena is awesomesauce.

Really wish the Martha storyline would just end. The ONLY bad thing about the show is anything dealing with her. Not the actresses' fault, just a dumb storyline.

Unfortunately her link is kind of essential since it completes the information loop of the Soviets vs. the FBI.
Paladin05
AG
I don't mind the Martha storyline because you just know it's going to end very, very badly.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Martha story is fairly ridiculous, but to the point above, the knowledge that it will likely end very badly should at least keep it somewhat interesting. I also think it's silly that he's in disguise for his "wife".
Quinn
AG
I enjoy the Martha storyline. She is so desperate for a man, that it makes sense she would be okay with their arrangement (though it is starting to come undone a little bit if i remember the end of the season correctly...).
Mr. White
I saw a familiar-looking teller at the bank last week and could not stop staring at her because I couldn't remember how I knew her. She caught me staring twice before I ended up figuring out how I recognized her. She looked exactly like Martha.

I expect my post to get 47 blue stars.
Keegan99
AG
"@NewYorkFBI: Just in: FBI arrests Russian spy in the Bronx who was part of ring attempting to collect economic intelligence & recruit #NYC residents"

This just a promotional stunt for the season premiere?
DonaldFDraper
AG
I just caught up on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago. Does any one know based on past seasons if new episodes will be available on Hulu or the FX app?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I can only confirm that they'll be available for fap.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I can only confirm that they'll be available for fap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.