FINALLY. The official launch of THE PROJECTION LIST is here...

108,705 Views | 991 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After nearly a year of development, design, and programming (the majority of which with the amazing team at Loyal Design here in L.A.), today marks the official debut of The Projection List; a first-of-its-kind resource dedicated exclusively to aggregating release dates for theatrical movies, VOD releases, Blu-ray/DVD/digital releases, notable TV series, and even trailer dates, all at a single, unified location. Essentially, any content that falls under the "cinematic" umbrella is arranged into a unique and customizable format, with the ability to organize and browse listings by a number of useful categories.

I'm reaching out to well over a hundred industry contacts, writers, critics, and relevant sites today in attempt to spread the word, while also contacting every friend and family member I know. But it's obviously going to take a lot more than that to truly get this site out there. So those of you who like the site, and have friends, family, or colleagues who might be interested in using it, I would definitely appreciate the exposure. Emails, Facebook posts, Tweets, Reddit - even favoriting this post - anything. It will no doubt take time if the site is to truly catch on - and I'll be doing some legit advertising myself here in the next few months - but an all-out social media / email campaign in these early days could do wonders. The only way this site survives is with ad revenue, and the only way to get the studio ads I'm after is to get hits, and lots of them. So I need that relentless TexAgs assault, by any means necessary.

I'd also just like to say THANK YOU again to everyone who provided feedback over the last year or so. Your enthusiasm has meant more than you know, notes were integral, and if any requested features were left out, it wasn't for a lack of trying. We incorporated everything we could this go-around, considering this will be a one-man show, at least for the foreseeable future. Still, as The Projection List continues to evolve, feedback is always welcome. Good or bad, I would absolutely love to hear what you guys think, in order to make this site the best it can possibly be.

Thanks!

projectionlist.com

The Projection List / Blog
The Projection List / Prompt

The Projection List / Twitter
The Projection List / Facebook
The Projection List / Instagram

Note: I love the way the mobile version turned out, but be sure to check the site out on a desktop as well, as it has far more features and functionality.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Congrats!
Born N Bred Ag
AG
Looks good! Congrats on getting it uploaded I can definitely see myself looking at it frequently
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Congrats TC, best of luck with this. I will send it out to all my movie-loving friends.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, guys! Much appreciated.
schmendeler
AG
here at last!
BBQ4Me
AG
NM.
Bunk Moreland
Congrats. Looks great!
Bunk Moreland
One quick thing...you have Holiday 2018 listed, then below 2020 you have another holiday 2018 with 2 of the movies you already listed in the previous Holiday 2018 box. I'm assuming the one on the bottom was the original and it just was forgotten, may want to remove that.
HvilleAggie
AG
VERY sexy!! Congrats TCTTS!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Awesome!

One UEX "bug": when viewing the Blog on a mobile (in this case an iPhone 6), I can move the page laterally. Should make it so that the user can only scroll vertically.

That's odd. I'm using an iPhone 6 as well and the site is locked tight for me. I can't move lateral at all. Are you zoomed in, and maybe that's what's causing it? Either way, the blog is through Squarespace, so it's their programming and beyond my control. Will keep fiddling with it, though, and see if I can recreate what's happening on your end.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
One quick thing...you have Holiday 2018 listed, then below 2020 you have another holiday 2018 with 2 of the movies you already listed in the previous Holiday 2018 box. I'm assuming the one on the bottom was the original and it just was forgotten, may want to remove that.

Great catch! I had "cloned" the Fantastic Beasts 2 entry from Holiday 2018, changed the 2 to a 3, but forgot to change the season.

Thanks!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Congrats. Looks great!

quote:
VERY sexy!! Congrats TCTTS!

Thanks! Great to hear!
gravy97
AG
Great work!
el aggie
AG
Site looks great, very clean, and I am already excited to see some upcoming trailer dates that I didn't know about.

Have you considered setting up individual movie pages with a summary of all release information? So that you could click on a movie in any of the sections and see its trailer dates and release date all on the same page? I know you have the IMDB link, but a summary of the release information you provide would be helpful instead of navigating the IMDB page. Thanks!
TCTTS
AG
^ Thanks!

And yes, absolutely. That may be a bit down the line, though. I'm doing another big update here in the next couple of months, but something like individual pages for each movie will have to wait until I have more resources (like an actual team, should I be fortunate enough).
Saxsoon
Saxsoon
AG
Congrats TC. I know, hell I think we all know, how much of a baby this has been for you. Good luck and God speed. I plan I posting your Star Wars primer on a couple of forums after I get home tonight with a brief aside about an awesome other part of the site for tracking movie dates.
TCTTS
AG
Awesome, thanks! And yes, please do! I'll post a reminder in that thread as well.
Sentinel
AG
Looks great! Love the mobile version.
TCTTS
BBQ4Me
AG
Yep. I was zoomed in some how. Sorry about that
TCTTS
AG
No worries!
bagger05
bagger05
AG
I'm on an iPhone 6 and when I open the site this is what I'm seeing:

bagger05
AG
Seems to only be for the theatrical release page.
TCTTS
AG
^ That's really weird. I'm on an IPhone 6 as well and it's working perfectly fine for me. Will pass that along, though. Thanks for the screenshot!
double aught
AG
Congrats and good luck.
MW03
AG
The sort by aspect is greatness.

Thanks to you, I now know that DreamWorks planning to put a Cold War spy movie out in 2015 that's written by the Coen Bros, is directed by Spielberg, and stars Tom Hanks.

I don't think you could piece together a more "must see" situation for me.
wangus12
AG
TC,

Congrats. The site looks great and is really easy to use and navigate. Love that I can go here just to get all the movie release info and trailers that I could ever want. My coworkers also really liked it as well. I'll throw it out on facebook after work. Wish you the best.
Murder Hornet
AG
Nm. Site is working now. Congrats, TC
TCTTS
AG
Thanks so much, guys! This is all great to hear.

Btw, the site just blew up on Twitter. Search @ProjectionList, or just the name itself, and check it out. I can't even keep track of all the mentions/emails I'm getting. This is getting NUTS!
Quinn
AG
Just saw a buddy who is movie obsessed post about it on facebook, so its getting around for sure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Btw, the site just blew up on Twitter. Search @ProjectionList, or just the name itself, and check it out. I can't even keep track of all the mentions/emails I'm getting. This is getting NUTS!
Wow. Awesome. Pretty soon the site will start getting cited as a source on other entertainment sites.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

Awesome!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.