Saw "Defendor"......

527 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FAST FRED
FAST FRED
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
,,,,, an indie action comedy flick from 2009, starring Woody Harrelson and thought it was excellent entertainment.

I got it from NETFLIX.

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303828/

[/url]Written and directed by Peter Stebbings, this dark satire/spoof struck me as a perfectly pitched and fully realized offering with drama, suspense, comedy, heart and human interest plus a meaningful message about how to be a difference maker.

Somewhat like the more slapstick "Mystery Men," this one blended the funny even more skillfully with the serious stuff, IMHO.

Think of "Forrest Gump" playing a hero in "Sin City."

No kidding.

Now that would be a really hard screenplay to sell (or buy), but here the writer/director and the entire cast and crew delivered the finished film and it was very much to my liking.

I thought this was really good movie making, starting with a different premise, and for the right viewer(s)....

I believe Mel Brooks or Groucho Marx (or Ben Stiller) would be simpatico.

IMHO, a must see portrayal (of a self styled super hero who's playing with less than a full deck, talk about great casting) for Woody Harrelson fans with spot on acting from all the supporting cast.

And I believe I'd enjoy this writer/director's vision of a "real" super hero/action movie about Superman, Batman or Thor and even Katniss Everdeen.

If you dig it dark and gritty, like in "No Country for Old Men," but also have an appreciation of nicely veiled dark humor perhaps give this one a try on an otherwise slow night.

Your thoughts?
Gig 'em, FAST FRED, '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
zip90
AG
I tried to look this up on Netflix, and the film is not available.

Icecream_Ag
S
I saw this a few years ago, may have been one of the last movies I rented from blockbuster.

Seemed to think it was pretty well done at the time. I need to watch it again though.
FAST FRED
AG
zip90, I sent the DVD I watched back to NETFLIX yesterday.
Gig 'em, FAST FRED, '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.