Original Star Wars Trilogy (unedited) to be released on Blueray

8 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by wesag
COOL LASER FALCON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Fox is probably waiting on Disney. I think they can get a lot more money if they license it to Disney to release as a complete trilogy (or a ennealogy) than if they were to just release it as a standalone.
wesag
AG
I'll pay whatever it takes to get the original film.

But then I have a 500 dollar stormtrooper gun.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Just out of curiosity, who owns the characters/likenesses, etc? In other words, who's gonna be putting out the toys, Fox or Disney? Or will they be splitting revenue?
that was all owned by lucas and sold to disney.

Do you even star wars?
Well I know it was owned by Lucas, obviously. But so were the movies, I thought.
Duncan Idaho
Distribution rights are their own creatures
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, got it.

So I guess we can't expect a Star Wars marathon in theaters next December, unless it's put out by Fox. That would've been sweet.

If Disney decided to re-release the original films theatrically after 2020, does that mean we'd no longer get the Fox fanfare at the beginning and it would be replaced by the Disney intro? Cause that kind of makes me sad, actually.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think you'll get plenty of marathon options, just not with the original versions.
wesag
AG
quote:
Yeah, got it.

So I guess we can't expect a Star Wars marathon in theaters next December, unless it's put out by Fox. That would've been sweet.

If Disney decided to re-release the original films theatrically after 2020, does that mean we'd no longer get the Fox fanfare at the beginning and it would be replaced by the Disney intro? Cause that kind of makes me sad, actually.

I had heard even this new movie will have the Fox Fanfare? Or did I make that up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Un-possible. Unless they worked out some deal where they play the fanfare and pay Fox for using it. Though it would be over the Disney/Lucasfilm logo. I don't see any reason Disney would care to do that, though. Only hardcore SW geeks like us would even care.
Quinn
AG
I don't think you spend $4bil on something just to leave someone else's name on it.
wesag
AG
quote:
I don't think you spend $4bil on something just to leave someone else's name on it.

Well, that, and Disney has zero cool factor and no capacity for self examination. Limited insight would be the medical lingo.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.