Favorite movie soundtrack

10,184 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Malachi Constant
wesag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok i'm listening to Apollo 13. That is downright moving.
old-Rudyjax
quote:
Ok i'm listening to Apollo 13. That is downright moving.

I love the piece with the drums and the somber horns.

Look at October Sky. That is awesome too.

As you can tell by my suggestions, i like slower melodic rather than fast amd loud.

Theres a movie scores Pandora station if youre interested.
wesag
AG
Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
Sailor
I really like The Usual Suspects.
Red Dane
Also a fan of Conan, Empire Strikes Back, and LOTR (especially ROTK Complete Recording), Glory, Rocky, Last of the Mohicans, and Dances with Wolves scores.

Some others to add to the list:

Krull (really suggest checking this out as it is right there with Conan IMO, but the movie detracted from the work by Horner)

Stardust (see this get ripped off in other trailers)

How to Train Your Dragon

The Mission (beautiful music)
bigboykin
AG
Because this thread is so serious, I think I have to include one of my favorite all-time albums and definitely a favorite soundtrack. I'm going with the Bill & Ted's soundtrack.

I had it on a tape exactly like this which I completely wore out:

wesag
AG
I sampled Bill and Ted. Damn.

After listening to many of the above over the past week, I would have to say there is Star Wars, and then therre is all the rest.

I'd have to add that one of the most chilling soundtracks that was ever made would be this, The Shining:

wesag
AG
Dang I cannot find the Shining soundtrack for purchase easily. Yeah, it is better than a number of the soundtracks or scores mentioned above, IMO.

Some places are like people. Some shine, and some don't
Malachi Constant
AG
May be a little weird, but CONTAGION has an awesome score that induces a real uneasy feeling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.