Holiday Book Recs

370 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by schmendeler
bigboykin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not holiday-themed, just books for reading over while relaxing over the holidays.

I'm heading up to a cabin in the Smokies this weekend and spending the whole week taking it easy. Anybody read anything lately that I need to download for the trip?

The last few books I read (and enjoyed):

Finally got around to the Dunk and Egg Tales
Wolf of Wall Street
Blood Meridian
Unbroken

I appreciate any recommendations you have.
Btron
AG
This summer I read The Son by Phillip Meyer. Great read, very good characters. It will make you miss Texas if you're not living here.

The Son
bigboykin
AG
Thanks, Btron. Looks pretty good. As a Floridian for 9 years now, I'm always hankerin' for a little taste of home. Downloading this one now.
wesag
AG
not a new book , but Down the Great Unknown is a great book about John Wesley Powell and company that should be read by every red blooded American male.

Monkey Wrench Gang

Halsey's Typhoon.

If you haven't read Deliverance, it is a great book and not a long read.

I'm rereading Fellowship of the Ring. Haven't read it in over 25 years.
wesag
AG
Krakatoa
schmendeler
AG
The Son was quite good. Almost like a western-based Cloud Atlas
bigboykin
AG
Schmendler, i was already going to read it, but that made it sound even better. Looking forward to it.

Keep'em coming!

BTW, my wife just started the Outlander series and she's trying to get me to read along with her. Should I even entertain this?
schmendeler
AG
My wife started outlander but didn't finish it. I don't think she hated it but I guess it wasn't blowing her away obviously.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.