Is anyone watching GRACEPOINT on FOX??

800 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by et98
ILAggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Being that it is competing with top shows like Scandal and NFL Football, is anyone on here watching Gracepoint? Since we are in episode 8 of 10 of this mini-series, I am curious what people think the theory is of Danny's death. From the beginning I thought it was Vince, but now I am so confused. I do think Tom knows more than he has let on. I know who the killer was in Broadchurch which is the show this was adapted from. They promised a different ending, but didn't say a different killer. I'm beginning to think it could be the same killer after all.
aTmLoKi
AG
I gave it four episodes and then gave up. There were too many red herrings and it just moved too slow for my liking. The acting wasn't that bad, but I just gave up too soon.
ILAggie04
AG
the first couple episodes were very slow. however once the story line shifted to jack reinhold (nick nolte) I thought things started to get really engaging.
chick79
AG
I personally love the show (although I prefer Anna Gunn with a few more pounds on her!).
ILAggie04
AG
Good to hear that you enjoy the show. It really is too bad that they won't get a second season. Maybe if they had not been put in that time slot, they'd have a better shot. I know they are in talks with Hulu and Netflix to possibly roll season two on to those platforms.
et98
AG
Finally caught up, but the most recent episode started late so my DVR didn't catch the last few minutes. The last thing I saw was the preacher walking up on the boy destroying his laptop. What happened during their conversation and in the scenes after it?
duck79
AG
So who do you think killed Danny? I am confused on whether or not I think the cops kid was involved.
Dro07
AG
I think with the way everything is going where someone you thinks is it then they aren't have they investigated Toms father yet? I don't know his name but he hasn't been a focal character yet. Reminds me of the killing on amc
SeattleAgJr
I am going with that it plays out exactly like the British version.

This series was not needed. A perfectly fine, and more nuanced, version of the show already exists.

I cannot believe Fox is going o try the same thing with "Luther".
AboveAndBeyond
I'm sticking with Danny's mom as the killer. She went bat **** crazy and did it. Everything points to Vince, or the old woman, or the preacher....etc. The mom seems to be the only one that's "clean".
Dro07
AG
The dad coming clean too early made me think he was covering it up. Weird stuff for sure. How does this differ from the original one?
T Durden
AG
Yeah was the dad a weirdo and the kid do it in the original?

I hated the ending.
et98
AG
I didn't enjoy this series for the same reason I hated The Killing. After investing an entire season into, i now know that I should've just watched the 1st episode and the last episode. All episodes in between were just filler.

True Detective was a season-long whodunit, but the story and characters were interesting throughout. I can't say the same for Gracepoint.

I finished it because I started it, but I will not be tuning in for season 2 if there is one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.